Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OBEler

Is Reiki real or scam?

13 posts in this topic

Please just answer if you or some body you know have experienced reiki. Does it work? As a daily meditator can I expect something more powerful with reiki? 

Why must reiki be taugt through a Master with reiki Grades? Is this necess sry or a scammy snowball system

Re; Is Reiki real or scam?

Both. In my opinion.

There are those who are earnest and sincere who are effective healers. This field is also full of charlatans just trying to get into others wallets or just those who are caught up in magical thinking.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I did Reiki once, when the practitioner hovered above specific areas I felt specific emotions, around my neck I felt darkness and pain and almost cried, around my thighs I felt relaxation and strong pleasure, severe mood swings from minute to minute haha. Go try it! I think there is something to it, alot of hospitals use Reiki as a supplement to regular medicine, thats gotta count for something. 

There is also alot of testimony from regular non woo-woo folk who say they did one Reiki session and then started bawling out of nowhere after the session, completely shocking them. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I tried it once a couple of months ago, but for me it did nothing... well, nothing that I was / am aware of anyway.

But maybe I should add that I have huge energy blocks... so maybe one session simply wasn't enough. Idk

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

You also have to consider what "works" really means? Does looking at an abstract painting "work"? Does reading tea leaves "work"? In subtle ways anything can work, I got some really good life advice from the practioner that was connected to the healing session even though the session was just me feeling stuff.

You can work other peoples Qi if you are trained.

I prefer Qigong to going to reiki, but may try it again.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Rilles said:

when the practitioner hovered above specific areas I felt specific emotions, around my neck I felt darkness and pain and almost cried, around my thighs I felt relaxation and strong pleasure, severe mood swings from minute to minute haha

isn't that normal anyways though? when you get touched or almost touched in certain areas you get certain reactions.

armpit noooo ticklish hehe, throat a bit uncomfortable don't strangle me, thighs yess now we're in the good area, whats' about to happen

6 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

isn't that normal anyways though? when you get touched or almost touched in certain areas you get certain reactions.

armpit noooo ticklish hehe, throat a bit uncomfortable don't strangle me, thighs yess now we're in the good area, whats' about to happen

I dont know if its normal to want to cry when someone hovers around your neck and shoulders... 

Look, I tried Reiki because I wanted to directly experience it, is it real? Does it work? I dont know and I dont care, Im just sharing what happened in my direct experience. There is very little scientific study of this topic and its very taboo, I can bet that in a 100 years Reiki will be as normal and accepted as going to the gym. We just havent understood what it is yet and science is in a very materialistic paradigm at the moment so it doesnt want to open its mind and study weird subtle energy stuff.

Edited by Rilles

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

I dont know if its normal to want to cry when someone hovers around your neck and shoulders... 

Look, I tried Reiki because I wanted to directly experience it, is it real? Does it work? I dont know and I dont care, Im just sharing what happened in my direct experience. There is very little scientific study of this topic and its very taboo, I can bet that in a 100 years Reiki will be as normal and accepted as going to the gym. We just havent understood what it is. 

there are quite many people who offer it here it seems

but i haven't tried it (yet)

i'm also very critical of people who are taking money from desperate people for mental other health issues

maybe too critical sometimes

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i'm also very critical of people who are taking money from desperate people for mental other health issues

Just treat it as an experiment, isnt that worth the money? What if you find out something cool. For me it cost like 50$, thats basically nothing, and it was really fun, it made me feel happy the rest of the day. Havent done it since, dont feel I need to. Life is an amusement park, try shit.

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

Just treat it as an experiment, isnt that worth the money? What if you find out something cool. For me it cost like 50$, thats basically nothing, and it was really fun, it made me feel happy the rest of the day. Havent done it since, dont feel I need to. Life is an amusement park, try shit.

yea i do often treat such things as experiments

also my critical-ness might be a reason why it's not working for me

since it may all be placebo and that only works if you believe in it

but it's hard to be non-critical when you are

i can lay the tarot cards for ya

how much would you pay for that experiment? :P 

3 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

yea i do often treat such things as experiments

also my critical-ness might be a reason why it's not working for me

since it may all be placebo and that only works if you believe in it

but it's hard to be non-critical when you are

i can lay the tarot cards for ya

how much would you pay for that experiment? :P 

You can be skeptical while still directly experiencing stuff. Skepticism is not used to keep you close-minded, its there to keep you grounded, big difference. ;) 

Regular Joe: I wont do Reiki because its bullshit!

Irregular Joe: Im skeptical about Reiki but I risk nothing trying it for an hour, who knows. ;) 

Not really interested in Tarot, I only f with things that seem interesting to me.