Carl-Richard

Here's a riddle:

63 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jacob Morres said:

never move it gg

LOL you don't decide that part ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Unbenanntdfg.PNG

Big brain time?

??? I don't regret making this thread.

4 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Unbenanntdfg.PNG

Big brain time?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

@Carl-Richard Alright, maybe start throwing some hints at us

5 mins ;)

Just now, toocrazytobecrazy said:

You didn't force the place of the experiment strictly; Do the experiment in space.

Well there ain’t room temperature in space 

5 hours ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

If the above answers are not correct,

You didn't force the starting place of the experiment strictly; Do the experiment in space.

I was sort of imagining the experiment happening on earth and a human turning it upside down (or similar conditions). Besides, the glass is stationary (rule 5), which means it won't move in the direction of the gravitational field (if you're a physicist, sue me), but the liquid is not stationary, which means the liquid will leave the cup.

Ok here is a hint: just because we start with a normal size cup doesn't mean we can't change the size after turning it upside down. However, the volume of the liquid still remains constant. In other words, you can change the size of the cup after it's been turned upside down.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ok here is a hint: just because we start with a normal size cup doesn't mean we can't change the size after turning it upside down. However, the volume of the liquid still remains constant.

Ok so in that case i'd enlarge the cup until all the water sticks to the walls of the cup due to surface tension? But I somehow still don't this this is the right answer..

How is "changing the cup size" compatible with rule 2 and "the laws of nature apply"? 

11 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ok here is a hint: just because we start with a normal size cup doesn't mean we can't change the size after turning it upside down. However, the volume of the liquid still remains constant. In other words, you can change the size of the cup after it's been turned upside down.

rule 2?

18 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

Lol. Well it is your game...

Water is also stationary relative to the gravitational field. Liquid won't leave the cup in space without any external force.

The force from the gravitional field :) Sure, if the glass wasn't stationary (held in the same place to stop it from falling), the glass would fall together with the water.

17 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Ok so in that case i'd enlarge the cup until all the water sticks to the walls of the cup due to surface tension? But I somehow still don't this this is the right answer..

How is "changing the cup size" compatible with rule 2 and "the laws of nature apply"? 

Two different sized objects can have the same shape. But ok, let's break the law of conservation of mass. You can magically make an object more massive.

Maybe that's a solution, but I was thinking something a bit more radical ;)

I think the amount of rules and caveats I've had to make will just make the answer I thought about seem rather silly ?

Now I want to know the answer?? I made a meme out of this, I deserve to know?

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think the amount of rules and caveats I've had to make will just make the answer I thought about seem rather silly ?

hmmm

Edited by captainamerica

2 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Now I want to know the answer?? I made a meme out of this, I deserve to know?

Let me just tease you a little bit first. You need to think very big. Go big or go home :)

4 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

Glass would fall with the water?.. in space?...  :)

No offense my dude, but your riddle is garbage. 

Ok go to space then ? Let's stick to earth though (or a place with an uniform gravitional field where a person is standing on the ground and holding the glass in his hand).

2 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

Doesn't matter you silly duck :), your own hint contradicts your own rule #2.

No. Size is not shape. You can have two different sized objects with the same shape.

@Carl-Richard Let's go, resolve. Otherwise this will end up in a cul-de-sac of bickering back and forth about the rules

2 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

#1 You only have one cup filled with water, and you can't use anything else than the cup itsel. rule #3.

If a cup filled with water, and you turned that cup upside down, and you change the size of that cup, that contradicts rule #2.

And size is shape. two different sized objects can have same shape and that would also mean different shape.

... lol I didn't mean to say that you're allowed two cups. That was to illustrate the point that a glass shaped like this \=/ will retain its shape no matter how large it is.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

... lol I didn't mean to say that you're allowed two cups. That was to illustrate the point that a glass shaped like this \=/ will retain its shape no matter how large it is.

daniel-bryan-kane.gif

:-D

Edited by captainamerica