Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

Ramifications of Now being all there is, and sex

13 posts in this topic

I am vividly aware that Now is all that exists, and that any Past is a story I am creating Now. So here is a story: I used to be a sex addict. I couldn't go more than 2 days without sex before needing a fix. 4 years ago I started on my spiritual journey. In doing so, I gave up all attachments, including communities I loved, connections to friends, and gave up relationships and sex. I have been fully celibate for the past 4 years. I had many opportunities, but held fast to my commitment to my spiritual journey. Lately, I have been experimenting in reintegrating back into social things, such as parties, festivals, and house gatherings. On Halloween, I ended up connecting with a woman at a house party, and we had sex. It was nice, but...because of my awareness that Now is all that there is, I know that that sex never happened, as all of my Past is nonexistent other than a thought that I am having Now. My lesson in this is that any moment, including sex, is all equal, in that it is nonexistent except as a thought in Now. So there is not really a reason that I can see to pursue sex, or anything for that matter, for as soon as it is experienced Now, it is gone as if it never happened at all. Now is all that there is, and whatever is Now is perfect, as it is all that exists. 

Everybody is a virgin basically ?

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 hour ago, Sempiternity said:

So there is not really a reason that I can see to pursue sex, or anything for that matter,

Choice is illusion. Do not want to be rude but in your writing, it still feels as you are operating within a paradigm of holding control over your actions by allowing or restricting sex. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

13 minutes ago, Galyna said:

Choice is illusion. Do not want to be rude but in your writing, it still feels as you are operating within a paradigm of holding control over your actions by allowing or restricting sex. 

So his decision to not have sex is already predetermined?

1 hour ago, Sempiternity said:

I know that that sex never happened

Just wait for the screaming baby nine months later. Sorry I'm trolling. It's like it's always effect without cause, splinters of the past embedded in the present.

All stories and explanations are false.

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So his decision to not have sex is already predetermined?

First of, it is not "his" decision.

Reality plays out itself as is, and it is a dance of consciousness. Free will vs. fatalism is a duality, it assumes that there should be someone out there to will something into existence. But there is not an entity there who writes a script, aka God. 

Reality as is, expresses itself into being by "appearing" as a physical form, call it "free will".  The guy who restricts sexual encounters is not separate from the physical reality with his own will, he is a part of it.  On a level of a human being he does not have a choice, it is an illusion.

Edited by Galyna

5 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Just wait for the screaming baby nine months later. Sorry I'm trolling. It's like it's always effect without cause, splinters of the past embedded in the present.

And they say a virgin birth is a myth ?

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

First of, it is not "his" decision.

Reality plays out itself as is, and it is a dance of consciousness. Free will vs. fatalism is a duality, it assumes that there should be someone out there to will something into existence. But there is not an entity there who writes a script, aka God. 

Reality as is, expresses itself into being by "appearing" as a physical form, call it "free will".  The guy who restricts sexual encounters is not separate from the physical reality with his own will, he is a part of it.  On a level of a human being he does not have a choice, it is an illusion.

Yes, I get this. I, being all of Reality, not the human 'me'. This is where language breaks down. I am this, this right Now. Nothing exists outside of this Now. If I create others and language to communicate with these 'others', that is what is. But, the 'others' and the 'me that thinks it's making choices', are just illusions happening/not happening within the perception bubble that is me, God. As Now is an instantaneous creation and destruction of this perception bubble, there is no action or choice happening, as that would require a past to exist, which it doesn't. 

@Sempiternity you nailed it. 
now think about motion lol…that is what’s fascinating. How does it create the illusion of the past that slowly fuses with now, how does it connect moments, passages of time? 

Edited by Galyna

@Galyna  I would say I contemplate on often, but that would be a fallacy wouldn't it ;) I chalk it up to God's (me) infinite will and intelligence to create such a convincing illusion. It may seem like there are others with their own life and backstories, and that there is motion and the passage of time, but all of it is just the powerful illusion of Now (me). The trick is to install a permanent recognition of the truth, so not to fall for the illusion. 

10 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

@Galyna  I would say I contemplate on often, but that would be a fallacy wouldn't it ;) I chalk it up to God's (me) infinite will and intelligence to create such a convincing illusion. It may seem like there are others with their own life and backstories, and that there is motion and the passage of time, but all of it is just the powerful illusion of Now (me). The trick is to install a permanent recognition of the truth, so not to fall for the illusion. 

Raising frequencies helps but even then ego manages to survive somehow. 

sex as an activity is the same before and after spirituality.

the only thing changed is your thoughts about it. 'never happened' is just a thought not an actuality. for example if eating 'never happened', stop eating or enjoying food or stop going to the bathroom. life seems to happen, so you are free to enjoy it without believing your thoughts about it.