Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malken

So how does one actually enjoy survival?

8 posts in this topic

I like yoga and meditation a lot but could use more balance but I struggle to enjoy studying for school and researching and interviewing and trying out over and over new fields to see which is the one for me.

How do I actually enjoy this?

You assume that there is a conflict and a separation between the two, so you experience that there is one. They actually work together very well. The more you mediate the more what used to be boring subjects become more interesting and then even fascinating. The more you delve into research and push the limits of thought the more the relaxation of meditation will feel great. The more you let go of thoughts that feel crappy, thoughts that complain, etc, the more thoughts of appreciation come in. Fantastic connections are made between things that were previously unrelated. 

The best meals are after being hungry for a while the best or sleeps are after a day of hard work. The play of what seems to be opposites actually are compliments. 

Painting a story that school is survival is not serving you very well. School is really an amazing privilege if you consider what a tiny, tiny percentage of humans over the past 1000 years have even had access to basic schooling. Most were so busy surviving they didn't even have time to think that it was for survival. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I think finding the suitable field for yourself can be frustrating at times. The passion part takes a long time to develop after you've dived into a specific field, and I wouldn't expect any passion in college.

If I could time travel back to my college years, instead of putting that much effort in studying, I would also try to be an intern at different companies. See what skills can be developed and finding those that I identify with most. I would try to satisfy my base desires first, like finding a high-income skill and being able to provide value, and try to build a sense of accomplishment. However most jobs are just a huge grind though.

Most of the things you enjoy are survival: food, sex, money, entertainment, travel, etc.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Malken said:

I like yoga and meditation a lot but could use more balance but I struggle to enjoy studying for school and researching and interviewing and trying out over and over new fields to see which is the one for me.

How do I actually enjoy this?

If one is not in a meditative state while doing work/study, One has not mastered meditation. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most of the things you enjoy are survival: food, sex, money, entertainment, travel, etc.

How is entertainment survival?

In Tate we trust

@Leo Gura  I'm not much of foodie nor give much thought power to food just eat to live healthy nearly always. Sex im not getting any busy with survival would be bad partner. Travel isn't happening. Entertainment yes to fill the time I do that with books/articles and video games. Somethings have 0 resistance to while getting skills often do it's like oh great my parents put me here now I have to struggle nonstop. It's like I struggle to get addicted to life  by the way society is designed I have to keep grinding but instead id rather not.

Edited by Malken

@JosephKnecht Most people havent mastered meditation to the point of hours of studying or hours of meditating. Is another reason to do meditation more but plenty of folks don't apply here.