Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

"There is no time"

26 posts in this topic

To deny time is to deny change. 

Time is a measurement of change just like distance is a measurement of space.

Time is a creation as is space but they are real creations.

If you say change is imaginary I would once again say it's God's creation and thus is real and its effects are mind staggering. Ant -> squirrel -> elephant -> monkey -> humans -> Sadhguru

Edited by WokeBloke

@WokeBloke time is what we use in the world of knowledge in order for Timmy to go to the super market at 3pm. 

But if you see this clearly, it's just a story, time is what Timmy uses so he knows that he will get somewhere at a certain time, Timmy also doesn't want to see that he is just a word in a sentence, so he says that there is tomorrow and yesterday to ensure that tomorrow he will wake up and that today will be yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke time is what we use in the world of knowledge in order for Timmy to go to the super market at 3pm. 

But if you see this clearly, it's just a story, time is what Timmy uses so he knows that he will get somewhere at a certain time, Timmy also doesn't want to see that he is just a word in a sentence, so he says that there is tomorrow and yesterday to ensure that tomorrow he will wake up and that today will be yesterday. 

Time is what we use to make our advanced society run. Our entire society is based on the foundation of time which was originally invented to track the movement of the sun. Do you deny the movement of the sun or is that just a story?

2 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Time is what we use to make our advanced society run. Our entire society is based on the foundation of time which was originally invented to track the movement of the sun. Do you deny the movement of the sun or is that just a story?

@WokeBloke of course it's a story. Not saying it isn't efficient to do this, but time is just a story. 

You gotta understand that something can have utility for us but it can still be a complete fantasy. 

2 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke of course it's a story. Not saying it isn't efficient to do this, but time is just a story. 

You gotta understand that something can have utility for us but it can still be a complete fantasy. 

Time is a measurement of change. Is change a fantasy in your view?

Edited by WokeBloke

This is obviously impossible to discuss. I is the only I there is, perceptions are the only "things" (in the way we think of things - objects) there are... The subject and object interplay and unconscious reality, how can it even be discussed?

Can't say time is real but how can it be said to be unreal? Can't say consciousness is a thing but also can't say it doesn't exist... And then the totality of both? Not totally sure it can be called God as that implies a specific something without including the nothing. The container of something and nothing. Wtf is that? No words...

1 minute ago, RMQualtrough said:

This is obviously impossible to discuss. I is the only I there is, perceptions are the only "things" (in the way we think of things - objects) there are... The subject and object interplay and unconscious reality, how can it even be discussed?

Can't say time is real but how can it be said to be unreal? Can't say consciousness is a thing but also can't say it doesn't exist... And then the totality of both? Not totally sure it can be called God as that implies a specific something without including the nothing. The container of something and nothing. Wtf is that? No words...

Is change real in your view?

5 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Time is a measurement of change. Is change a fantasy in your view?

@WokeBloke I say this with kindness, but you've defeated your own point in that statement. 

We aren't talking about change when it comes to the argument I've positioned against you, but the fantasy of time. 

Change is not a fantasy in experience which is correct, but the measuring of it is. 

Change is _____. 

Time is 11:48am.

4 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Is change real in your view?

Change happens, emotions happen, dreams happen. Where people draw the line between what is real and unreal is pretty damn arbitrary...

The only thing we all seem to say is certainly real is "I". Which is ironic because "I" is literal NOTHINGNESS and only known via somethingness like peering into a mirror...

5 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke I say this with kindness, but you've defeated your own point in that statement. 

We aren't talking about change when it comes to the argument I've positioned against you, but the fantasy of time. 

Change is not a fantasy in experience which is correct, but the measuring of it is. 

Change is _____. 

Time is 11:48am.

If you accept that change is real then you must accept that it can be measured.

Do you reject measurements such as height in feet as fantasy? 

I won't deny the length of a second is arbitrarily created but still it corresponds to a real observation namely the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom

3 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Change happens, emotions happen, dreams happen. Where people draw the line between what is real and unreal is pretty damn arbitrary...

The only thing we all seem to say is certainly real is "I". Which is ironic because "I" is literal NOTHINGNESS and only known via somethingness like peering into a mirror...

I agree there is only the real.

if i can watch leo at 2x speed on yt can god watch me at 2x speed in existence

if so could not god crank the viewing of me up to infinite speed

in which case time would be zero

3 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

if i can watch leo at 2x speed on yt can god watch me at 2x speed in existence

if so could not god crank the viewing of me up to infinite speed

in which case time would be zero

you can't reach infinity since it is forever unbounded. Infinite speed is thus impossible.

Edited by WokeBloke

23 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Do you reject measurements such as height in feet as fantasy? 

@WokeBloke yes. 

25 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I won't deny the length of a second is arbitrarily created but still it corresponds to a real observation namely the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine levels of the ground state of the caesium-133 atom

Lol this is still the exact same thing ^. A fantasy. 

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

you can't reach infinity since it is forever unbounded. Infinite speed is thus impossible.

god is quick it can make it as fast as you desire thereby as close to zero as you desire, you just need to say how close to zero is zero

10 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke yes. 

Lol this is still the exact same thing ^. A fantasy. 

Why did you create the measurements then?

@WokeBloke to live in this society efficiently and not have people think I'm crazy. 

Otherwise, this body is in sync with the forces of nature, it knows when to shit, sleep, fuck, eat. Etc. 

As Thomas Campbell says in MBT (I'm paraphrasing here to make it more comprehensible):

Time organises and optimises the flow of imagination, in that it allows it to operate with improved low-entropy efficiency. In much the same way, ordering a library alphabetically makes it easier to find and/or replace books. As consciousness / God / or AUO (Absolute Unbounded Oneness) evolves, it continually hunts for the lowest entropy state to maximise its own efficiency.

Thus, time is a construct of mind which is always making efforts towards self-preservation / low entropy states.

As far as notions of causality and/or creation being "impossible" without time, tell that to an entangled photon.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

1 minute ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke to live in this society efficiently and not have people think I'm crazy. 

Otherwise, this body is in sync with the forces of nature, it knows when to shit, sleep, fuck, eat. Etc. 

measurements are required to make technology and evolve this planet. I just think it's absurd to call it fantasy. Its in a different domain.

@WokeBloke it is a fantasy. 

Imagine using a wrench and one day literally thinking you are the wrench and only the wrench. 

Just because something has utility doesn't mean that there isn't the possibility in getting caught up in it. 

Make all your maps is what I say, just notice that you aren't in them.