Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon_Bundesen

How To Stop Procrastination Forever!

10 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Jon_Bundesen said:

https://youtu.be/DaaZlo2qgs4

This worked for me and I would highly recommend taking his course on how to stop procrastination where he outlines the theory of why you procrastinate and also how to end it forever.

Dr. David Maloney's website: https://www.drdavidmaloney.com

So this is a soft version of burn the boats. 

So you do not burn all the boats but just one or so. I might try a version of it.

Forever? That seems like a damn tall order to fill. Can it be okay to sometimes consciously choose to procrastinate something at times? As long as you make it a conscious and deliberate choice.

Instead of trying to make the right decision, make your decisions right.

52 minutes ago, Nightwise said:

Forever? That seems like a damn tall order to fill. Can it be okay to sometimes consciously choose to procrastinate something at times?

Yes.

@Nightwise  Maybe not forever ;) but his course and video will for sure give you some insight into why you're doing it and the tools to stop.

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

Seems legit, will try out this method and see what happens.

At the start of the video, he said biggest fear that students have is they won't study. No. Some students won't study and they simply don't care!

Their biggest fear is more of failing exams and letting down their parents! If you tell the students all will pass the exams, at least half won't bother to study anything! His fear is not equal to other students' fear.

Later on in the video, he talked about consequences and going all-in. He's preaching that you need to go all-in on one idea and ditch all other ideas. While it may work, it also simply means if you have a job right now, you need to totally quit your job right now in order to pursue another career. Throwing away the rope is like throwing away your current job so that you either die or move on to another idea for sure. Very dangerous advice. What happened to building a safety net for yourself or building multiple sources of income?

Mixing it up with 'doing it later' just confuses your cognitive mind even more. "If i don't study at 7 am, I lose the right to study later." Good luck! Try wasting your whole day if you miss the 7 am study session cos you aren't allowed! You will just end up punishing yourself for the next 24 hours. End result is you still have to deal with your ego.

Edited by hyruga

Thanks for the post. But a little skeptical, because I don't know if you can eliminate it forever 

@hyruga It is my mistake and I acknowledge that the technique will possibly not end procrastination forever and I don't know if you took his course where he explains about procrastination more in-depth but from the course, he states: You don't take action because you're afraid that you won't do what's required to be successful. To calm this fear we say to ourselves that we can "do it later". So the consequence technique of going all-in now or never is supposed to be applied to the action towards a goal.

He also has a video about what to do with external pressures such as studying for an exam.

Edited by Jon_Bundesen

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

For me it just helped to directly realise that the dread comes from not doing it, not from doing it.

Doing it, is very smooth.

When you think you should be doing it, then the clock starts ticking: every second you think you should, but aren't, you are in conflict, fighting yourself, and rapidly draining your energy. The dread builds from every second of being out of alignment.

Then wondering: what is it bringing me?

Well, I get to watch videos and that's fun.

So what if I allowed myself to do that, and simply switched it around: don't build dread but do it, then watch videos?

Or perhaps I'm afraid that when I start, I will never be done, so I can never relax and watch videos again!

Okay, then decide on a time when I stop and allow myself what I enjoy doing.

Same content of the day (some work, some relaxation) without the dread.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/