Thought Art

Focus on money mastery and savings early on

12 posts in this topic

I realize how important money is when pursuing a life purpose. I feel a little frustrated by my current financial situation. There are some mentoring programs and courses I want to take to help me to escape wage slavery but can barely afford. I am considering taking a risk here, but when I do the math I am cutting it so damn close.

Wage slavery is not easy to escape. I am doing the math even with my new jobs I am applying for. You don't make any money. You get paid to work basically so you can keep working.

I might be able to pull something off here. I will be working 8 hours and then 3 or 4 hours when I get home. But, I am making a push to start my own online business.

I just wish I had 10k dollars more than I currently do.

But, I am where I am and must take responsibility.

Had I had this vision 10 years ago and knew what I know now... That is one thing about God I don't understand. How in it's infinite wisdom would it get me into this seemingly pickle? You couldn't of seen this coming? Guess it must be part of Gods plan. Let's see how I pull this off. There are options I can play with. It just may take longer than I want it too.

I think more accurately than reality being a love simulator, on a practical level it's an investment simulator. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I’m headed for 24, have like 7k saved, living with parents but they are pressuring me to get a job. I will be applying for data analytics internships soon. I owe parents $500/mo for rent.

i have been thinking of getting analytics job in a new city and doing pickup. I have been hoping I will learn more about business from my job, grow more confidence from pickup and build a network, all of which could help me with entrepreneurship. 

not sure if this is smart or if I should work while living at home (would be lame) to save money.

I can only guesstimate a life purpose in spirituality/Self-Realization but it seems vague and like an uphill battle to do any writing or sharing in that area.

the suckiest part of slavery is definitely the part where you can’t escape. my bail out strategy might be to build some sort of remote income and move to Mexico or South America so I could do LP part time when I have that more figured out.

how am I doing?

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

@Bob Seeker I spend all my time on my business. It sounds like you're kinda spread out with the spirituality, you gotta get a career goin' man. Can't just lolligag. Leo built his 6 fig business at 24 years young. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Money and Financial Freedom should be in your top priorities, along with optimizing your health. 

I honestly wouldn't worry about figuring out why 'God did this' etc in this situation. If you want to add a spirituality element, study great Law Of Attraction teachers and conscious creation, then get to work. 

Build those foundations, life becomes a lot easier when you aren't worrying about Rent or getting out of breath when you run a few blocks

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I would definitely say focus on money and health first. That is actually what I am doing though I wish I had done so at 20.

I was pretty depressed and confused in my early 20s. Though, I have been working on myself and did a lot of interesting things.

I was always generally health oriented. I've been an athlete my whole life.

Anyway, I am basically setting up my life in a way that will be constant skill development and life mastery. 

I don't like that I am getting older, I wish I was 20 not 26 but, I am where I am and must surrender to it. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

5 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Bob Seeker I spend all my time on my business. It sounds like you're kinda spread out with the spirituality, you gotta get a career goin' man. Can't just lolligag. Leo built his 6 fig business at 24 years young. 

@Bob Seeker

Don't compare yourself to others. Just be as strategic as you can and focus on gaining experiences and vision for your self. 

◭"89"

@Thought Art Do you intend to begin a family one day?

52 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Bob Seeker

Don't compare yourself to others. Just be as strategic as you can and focus on gaining experiences and vision for your self. 

Yeah, I’m aware Leo has a different deck of cards than me, I don’t believe it is smart to work on a business -or anything rn- that I’m not confident I will be able to get good traction with.

Trying to start a business with my lack of know how could end up in me just spinning my wheels.

2 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

@Thought Art Do you intend to begin a family one day?

Yeah, I’m aware Leo has a different deck of cards than me, I don’t believe it is smart to work on a business -or anything rn- that I’m not confident I will be able to get good traction with.

Trying to start a business with my lack of know how could end up in me just spinning my wheels.

@Bob Seeker You could start a business where you analyze data for companies. Instead of pouring 'crete in the summer. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@diamondpenguin I need to get an internship in Data analytics, so that’s first. While I am doing that I plan to brainstorm biz ideas and then immediately after I will try to begin one. 

you are right, an analytics business is an option. Thanks 
My preference is a business that is scaleable. 
i need to do research.

Edited by Bob Seeker

Do you live in third world country, have children or something? Because otherwise I don't see how you can not save at least 50% of your income. So you could work 1 month and take 1 month off.

Maybe try to find someone who pays you for a skill related to your life purpose?

And if you want to have 10k there are many ways to a get a credit for 10k if you really must have it now.

@universe It would depend on the income and expenses and the courses and workshops price tags. The funds I have make this process a lot slower which is the point of the post. 

There are obviously work arounds, but life is was easier when you plant the seeds years ago to be well off today.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

On 10/28/2021 at 9:25 PM, Thought Art said:

I am doing the math even with my new jobs I am applying for. You don't make any money. You get paid to work basically so you can keep working.

Make a spreadsheet that lists your income for the month, and then all of your monthly expenses. Ideally do it for the whole year, even listing out stuff like dentist appointments, clothes, money you spend on Christmas presents and holidays, etc. Then start being honest about what expenses you can cut out to start saving. 

Your biggest expense is probably going to be where you live. So that might mean sucking it up and getting a roommate, or even a 3rd roommate if you already have one, or taking other unconventional steps to cut down on spending.

Edited by Yarco