SamC

How do you guys take notes?

5 posts in this topic

I am very perfectionistic so before I tried to write down everything as I saw that it could be used for XYZ later. This leads to paralyze by analysis becuase I procrastinate reading and taking notes becuase the effort is so high due to me wanting it to be perfect.

I know this is not the best way though. When I looked around some have said that it's best to take notes after you have read something and try to remember it and then look at the material again and take notes on the things you missed. 

How do you do it? 

@Leo Gura

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Read a section deeply, then check it again, underline the essential things, add some comments if you need too, then put your notes in a note taking app.

A great way is to blog about it. When you blog, you can set labels 'Discipline' (Something like hashtag) and it allows you to view all the posts with the same labels.

Edited by hyruga

I get lazy sometimes and this thing is hard for me as well. 

I think taking it slower and one thing at a time helps. Use one paragraph for instance and take it from there, baby steps at a time.. 

Generally I can't handle large amounts of information, it gets too clunky and usually doesn't serve the purpose. 

I'm trying to find ways where taking notes can get simpler. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On your cellphone, there's a memo app you can use by default. And all you gotta do is: open it up and write stuff in there. I'm usually busy planning out the next day while I"m eating my lunch on my cellphone. I like to have stuff to do for the next day, so then when I wake up, I can just go hard and get after it. I usually take notes to plan out my business, hanging out with friends, and the exercise regime. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary