Raptorsin7

Has Anyone Transcended Physical Sexual Attraction?

45 posts in this topic

It is 100% possible to transcend sexuality, obviously and seemingly hard for most humans. You can't do it by force though, you do it by insight and becoming conscious of the truth of sexuality, not just the idea of orgasm, but the whole value proposition of sexuality. As you raise your conciousness and mindfulness around sex, your mind will start to notice more subtle and subtle truths about the experience, that you hadn't seen before, as mostly sex was had via the conceptual mind

Im sure alot of people will have knee jerk opposition to what I wrote above, as before you experience it, the ego really doesn't like to hear or think about it. But at least even if you don't think it's possible to transcend your sexuality entirely, for sure there is a continuum, and it is definetly possible and recommended to build a relationship to sexuality such that the girl in this thread isn't causing you to crave or suffer 

@wildflower Do you believe it's possible to be in a happy, long term relationship with a single person of the opposite sex? 

Or will this idea just get transcended at a certain point

On 10/14/2021 at 2:34 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

I've been reflecting on the injustice in the dating market and I'm curious to hear people's opinions on this topic. 

So much of our sexual market value is determined by factors we have no control over. Men are judged on their height, woman are judged by their physical beauty, etc. I'm assuming this is true of most men and woman, but I wonder if you can do so much inner work to the point that you completely shift how you are no longer motivated by unjust dating standards. 

Yes, absolutely. At a point the judgements & motives are realized to be ‘yours’ so to speak, not objective, collective or someone else’s. ‘Inner work’ is letting those discordant perspectives go. Inner work brings up that seemingly missing unsaid piece, what the motive is, why you feel it’s unjust, precisely why it doesn’t resonate, how the motive was created in an effort to understand emotion / feel better, how it doesn’t pan out, and then what inspiration is / why it feels as it does, unfettered by the judgements and motive(s). It helps one realize why one was desiring to transcend physical sexual attraction in the first place, and how & why it became seen as a problem. 

Can anyone honestly say they could be just as happy and attracted to a man who is 3ft4 or a woman who is morbidly obese? 

Anyone isn’t relevant. How you see things, or, experience, is relevant. 

Also, does anyone have thoughts on in the unjust nature of dating and attraction? People are judged on factors they have 0 control over, what do we think of this?

If people are judged, who’s judging? Have you ever actually seen judgement, or only experienced it, as thoughts and beliefs?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 10/15/2021 at 0:20 PM, FlyingLotus said:

Teal Swan has a good video on this.

@FlyingLotus The last time I saw her was when she was spreading conspiracies regarding covid with Infinite Waters. Is she really that conscious? I don't think we should promote her videos on the forum. It may mislead many people.

Edited by Derek White

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

20 minutes ago, Derek White said:

The last time I saw her was when she was spreading conspiracies regarding covid with Infinite Waters. Is she really that conscious? I don't think we should promote her videos on the forum. It may mislead many people.

There's definitely stuff I disagree with her on, like conspiracy theories and boycotting vaccines, but other parts of her work are excellent.  She's really good at explaining shadow work and relationship dynamics.

It's valuable to learn from people even if you disagree with them, even over significant issues.  Leo actually has a good video about this on his blog.  Learning From Partially False Perspectives.

It's like that Bruce Lee quote: Absorb what is useful. Discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own

Good advice for all teachers, except for Bruce Lee.  You should absorb 100% of everything that Bruce Lee says, thinks or does, because he's Bruce Lee.  Bruce Lee is so cool, Batman wishes he was Bruce Lee xD