Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus

How do I deal with this situation at work?

12 posts in this topic

We have an incompetent irresponsible Pharmacist in our team, he shows up late, delays preparing his delivery orders he receives on the phone or on Whatsapp and he might go talk on the phone or go eat while on shift leaving his order for anyone else to prepare or acting like the workers beneath him are his slaves so they go get the order when their real motive is just getting shit done not obeying him or anything, he is very lazy and his energy is very negative and low, very narcissistic, he thinks he’s above everyone else and acts like it’s his place (which we don’t mind because we want every worker to treat our pharmacy as his place but at least show some respect) He doesn’t get up unless the client is an attractive female and he is deceived he is good looking and tries his ways by acting goofy and silly (Cringe)

My father has been patient with him for over 4 years but he never showed any progress, even though my father has fired my cousin when he simply talked to a girl and got her number he never fired this guy when he went to clients homes telling them he does massage (this has fucked me mentally really well because we don’t do massage…) He also has series of incidents like this one where he followed an indoor client to the outside to get her number, the thing is my father is really serious and assertive, he doesn’t tolerate such a behavior, at my training when he told me to read a pamphlet of some eye drops and my smart ass went online to read it instead of looking into the tiny text on the actual paper he gave me a 30 minutes lecture outside telling me “ I won’t let you destroy what I created my whole life “ I was paralyzed by the way he delivered it, he was really serious about it and he is very serious and precise about the most simple stuff in life even the ones that truly don’t matter

That worker doesn’t bring any real value to the place, he acts like a douche, brings down team members simply because he isn’t an assistant like the rest of them “even though they have more experience in work and life” he drools over women, he simply shits where he eats and my dad has never fired him

last night he got a number of one of our clients from the system and texted her, she sent the screenshots to my dad, and he was willing to fire him, Honestly I was really happy and in amazing relief, but he brought his father and simply apologized…like I don’t understand how he thinks? Bringing your father to witness your fuckery at the workplace and how you can’t be trusted at all with anything?

the other thing I can’t understand is how my father who is a really serious goal oriented boomer lets this piece of an ass in his Pharmacy when I do the simplest mistake all hell break loose .. Ok I know life is an illusion but what the heck is this? 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

Damn no reply?

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

@Focus Oh wow this topic is totally relatable with me. I had a coworker like you described. He was such a pain in the ass to work with that it literally broke our team and I just quit my job all together because my boss had no balls to tell the man that he is just a horrible worker/person. Those kind of people are like a cancer to the company.

Oh and also that person is a Stage Red/Orange (Spiral dynamics). Constant lies, manipulating others to not do so much work, very "alpha" male thinking, wants to be the "best". Oh boy I totally understand the frustration you have to go through while you have to work and be near him 8hours/day.

Mahadev

@Focus Now I'm very aware of those kind of people and can smell them mile away. If you ever meet a person like that for the first time and see that he does some kind of negative stuff at work immediately say it to his face and repeat again if needed to the point where either he changes or you get into a fight. If you go by it blindly after some time you will suffer ;)

My CEO wanted to fire the guy and asked our manager if it needs to be fired and my manager had no balls to make a decision and just kept the guy still. In my frustration when I heard all about it I just fucking quit.

Mahadev

22 hours ago, Focus said:

We have an incompetent irresponsible Pharmacist in our team, he shows up late, delays preparing his delivery orders he receives on the phone or on Whatsapp and he might go talk on the phone or go eat while on shift leaving his order for anyone else to prepare or acting like the workers beneath him are his slaves so they go get the order when their real motive is just getting shit done not obeying him or anything, he is very lazy and his energy is very negative and low, very narcissistic, he thinks he’s above everyone else and acts like it’s his place (which we don’t mind because we want every worker to treat our pharmacy as his place but at least show some respect) He doesn’t get up unless the client is an attractive female and he is deceived he is good looking and tries his ways by acting goofy and silly (Cringe)

My father has been patient with him for over 4 years but he never showed any progress, even though my father has fired my cousin when he simply talked to a girl and got her number he never fired this guy when he went to clients homes telling them he does massage (this has fucked me mentally really well because we don’t do massage…) He also has series of incidents like this one where he followed an indoor client to the outside to get her number, the thing is my father is really serious and assertive, he doesn’t tolerate such a behavior, at my training when he told me to read a pamphlet of some eye drops and my smart ass went online to read it instead of looking into the tiny text on the actual paper he gave me a 30 minutes lecture outside telling me “ I won’t let you destroy what I created my whole life “ I was paralyzed by the way he delivered it, he was really serious about it and he is very serious and precise about the most simple stuff in life even the ones that truly don’t matter

That worker doesn’t bring any real value to the place, he acts like a douche, brings down team members simply because he isn’t an assistant like the rest of them “even though they have more experience in work and life” he drools over women, he simply shits where he eats and my dad has never fired him

last night he got a number of one of our clients from the system and texted her, she sent the screenshots to my dad, and he was willing to fire him, Honestly I was really happy and in amazing relief, but he brought his father and simply apologized…like I don’t understand how he thinks? Bringing your father to witness your fuckery at the workplace and how you can’t be trusted at all with anything?

the other thing I can’t understand is how my father who is a really serious goal oriented boomer lets this piece of an ass in his Pharmacy when I do the simplest mistake all hell break loose .. Ok I know life is an illusion but what the heck is this? 

I would fire him

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, inFlow said:

@Focus Now I'm very aware of those kind of people and can smell them mile away. If you ever meet a person like that for the first time and see that he does some kind of negative stuff at work immediately say it to his face and repeat again if needed to the point where either he changes or you get into a fight. If you go by it blindly after some time you will suffer ;)

My CEO wanted to fire the guy and asked our manager if it needs to be fired and my manager had no balls to make a decision and just kept the guy still. In my frustration when I heard all about it I just fucking quit.

Pain in the ass man, truly. 
He isn’t an Alpha, more like a sissy tbh. 

~waveintheocean

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

I would fire him

Yeah, that’s the ideal response and thats what the whole team suggests

Idk how it would be like in the upcoming days in the team, seriously idk how my father thinks 

~waveintheocean

14 minutes ago, Focus said:

Yeah, that’s the ideal response and thats what the whole team suggests

Idk how it would be like in the upcoming days in the team, seriously idk how my father thinks 

Sounds like a younger guy? He'll mature for sure. Not to be blunt- i completely understand being annoyed by others (especially coworkers) but...

In cases like this, i would try to mind my own business. 

10 hours ago, K VIL2 said:

Sounds like a younger guy? He'll mature for sure. Not to be blunt- i completely understand being annoyed by others (especially coworkers) but...

In cases like this, i would try to mind my own business. 

He’s 28, and that’s my own business lol

~waveintheocean

Are you an Italian by any chance?

Your situation is very annoying, when your own father looking at you like you are the biggest criminal if you do any little mistake, when there's an asshole who do many bad things and rarely get punished.

I see this a lot in workplaces when the person who do his job get punished more harshly than the person who don't.

I think that your father is toxic towards you, also, your father ignores his behaviour because he afraid to confront him.

Maybe try to ask your father why he rarely confront this asshole?

1 hour ago, Random witch said:

Are you an Italian by any chance?

Your situation is very annoying, when your own father looking at you like you are the biggest criminal if you do any little mistake, when there's an asshole who do many bad things and rarely get punished.

I see this a lot in workplaces when the person who do his job get punished more harshly than the person who don't.

I think that your father is toxic towards you, also, your father ignores his behaviour because he afraid to confront him.

Maybe try to ask your father why he rarely confront this asshole?

No, I’m not italian but I’m studying the language right now

Anyways, I asked my father and he played the victim, like what else we gonna do. 

~waveintheocean