Daniel347

how to bully materialist?

10 posts in this topic

in my college, i have a VERY materialist teacher ( he teaches physics). he argues a lot about it too lol 
so what argument can i give to totally destroy a materialist 

@Daniel347 ask him where physically reality is located. (can he demonstrate it to be anywhere other than 'in his experience of it'?.. perhaps then point out that physically reality exists within experience, and not the other way around.. that there is some experience is certain.. it's self evident.. but we may always be mistaken about the contents of experience.. could be a dream or a simulation or a hallucination etc..).  Or ask him who is closer to the center of 'physical reality'.. you or him?

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The only thing that will destroy a materialist is a strong dose of psychedelics. And even that doesn't always work. I've had people who took large doses of psychedelics argue to me that "it's all in your brain" and utterly dismiss any sort of mystical interpretation.

16 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Daniel347 ask him where physically reality is located.  Or ask him who is closer to the center of 'physical reality'.. you or him?

i dont really get it ? so  what are the possible answers?

@Daniel347 I'm not sure there are logical answers.  Where is 'physical reality'? Everywhere... but that's not a nice neat little answer which physicists like.. 

Ask him, 'if there was no experience of a physical reality, what would it mean for reality to 'exist'?  It would be the same as 'non-existence'. (with no 'experiencer' to experience physical reality, whom would it exist to?)  For something to 'exist', is to be able to experience that thing.   It's 'the experience' that makes it so. 

Experience is apriori.. contents of experience are secondary to experience itself. 

If you ask about the size of Physical Reality.. the physicist will probably begin talking about the size of 'the observable Universe', which should be a pointer to what I'm saying.. 

Read the Art of War.

Your very desire to "win" or take "revenge" on your materialist teacher will backfire and will not have you take proper stance on warring with that materialist. 

Kobe explains why your desire to "win" makes you susceptible to fear and emotion and not be connected to truly playing the game.

Sun Tzu Quotes (15).jpg

when you are emotional and want "revenge" to win, you will not be intangible but very tangible. You will be loud with emotion. You won't be able to control the rival's fate. 

And this very intangible mysteriousness will control your rival's fate. Don't be consumed by anger. Be cool. 

Wanting to bully a materialist is already bad. This is taking the teachings and turning it into dogma.