Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Texting/calling other people

12 posts in this topic

When people are not with us, we tend to communicate with them via mobile phone, either by texting or calling. In that situation, we have a feeling we're talking with someone on the other side. But is that really the case? If only our direct experience is something that we can be sure it exists, would that mean we are writing all the messages and creating voices on our phone? Are we actually texting/talking with ourselves?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Are we actually texting/talking with ourselves?

Yes

The illusion of an other is very crucial for the ego. Because what is I without other. I need others to limit me. Other basically means not-me. By reffering to people as others, you are indirectly exlcuding them from your Identity

Edited by Jakuchu

It's actually more shocking than that.

You're imagining your phone, the contents of your phone, etc.

The computer screen you're reading this on is another projection of your mind.

Infinite intelligence.

Edited by justfortoday

@Jakuchu Yes, I understand that, illusion of others helps us live our lives. If we were aware that we're actually talking to ourselves the entire time, it would lose it's meaning and become extremely boring.

@justfortoday So it's not just texting/talking to other people that is being imagined but entire process of communication including mobile phones as well.

@Tyler Durden 'being imagined' > this is the proper way to think about it. Not being imagined by someone or something.. just 'being imagined', full stop.  The words 'created', 'experienced', 'dreamt', etc. can be substituted 'imagined' and mean the same thing. 

Reality is 'being experienced'. There is no 'by who?' 

Everything being experienced is all there is. You're all of that. 

"I have no other self than the totality of things of which I am aware." - Alan Watts 

Up is defined relative to down (that which is not up). You are defined by 'that which is not you'.  Who am I? My thoughts? My skin? My emotions? My memories? My experiences? All things which are 'not me'.  If I am all of those things.. then I'm also my car, and my neighbors, and my job, and my trees... 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle Interesting perspective. In that case mobile phone, sound of call or text of message is actually all one. There is no difference or separation between them.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

When people are not with us, we tend to communicate with them via mobile phone, either by texting or calling. In that situation, we have a feeling we're talking with someone on the other side. But is that really the case? If only our direct experience is something that we can be sure it exists, would that mean we are writing all the messages and creating voices on our phone? Are we actually texting/talking with ourselves?

Let the people, us, we lens go. It veils. Write what you really want on a dreamboard. Texts & calls reveal their magic true nature, so to speak. Not when you’re conceptualizing. When you’re consciously creating. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What's more, when you speak to somebody in person, consciousness imagines you and the other person at the same time. The raw perception is there (shapes, sounds, colors, etc), but the rest is imagination.

@Tyler Durden yes, separation is 'illusion'.   Where is the separation between 'the inside of a cup' and 'the outside of a cup'?  Only in your head. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Nahm Are you saying that texts and calls are actually my subconciousness communicating with me?

@nistake So even in direct experience I'm just talking to myself. It's harder to figure it out than through texts and calls because you see that person before your eyes talking and moving on their own.

@Tyler Durden

Yes but minus “texts” “calls” “subconscious” and “communicating with me”. It’s like playing with yourself, or, “relativity”. It’s illusory. The mind, also illusory, fills in the blanks. Like, there are no “parts working together to produce x, y or z”. There is the illusion of separate parts, causation, outcomes, origins, etc. Consistency is as illusory as the belief in being convinced. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE