Thought Art

Is paying 8000$ for an online marketing consultant crazy?

49 posts in this topic

On 3.10.2021 at 2:04 PM, Thought Art said:

I feel like I have grown a lot internally this year, going through everything, cleaning up my habits, mindset, etc.

coooool

On 3.10.2021 at 2:04 PM, Thought Art said:

I can do this. 

f*ck yea man

Look at Jeffrey st Laurent of SellingCoaching. He charges 1200 to coach coaches on building sales funnel, Facebook group, having selling convos, etc. maybe you can find a better price out there if such is the case.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

17 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

Look at Jeffrey st Laurent of SellingCoaching. He charges 1200 to coach coaches on building sales funnel, Facebook group, having selling convos, etc. maybe you can find a better price out there if such is the case.

I will check it out.

What I like about Kevin is that he is focused on working with people who teach healing arts like Yoga, Qigong, meditation etc, plus the course creation etc and he does it full time so he has thousands of hours in the space.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 10/4/2021 at 11:11 PM, WDK said:

@Thought Art Leo is right in that it's all on you. I experienced that first hand. Every marketer trying to sell you something will sell the idea of done for you, however, most know absolutely nothing about marketing self help and higher consciousness businesses, much less doing it authentically.  

There are much cheaper and more valuable courses in my opinion. This is $97 a month and I can attest to its validity. They have group coaching also. The $97 a month stuff is very good. It goes from basic to advanced. I have done their coaching, they will hold you accountable.

https://www.digitalmarketer.com/

Also, it sounds like you've already convinced yourself you want to do this and your not really listening to feedback. I am often like that. In fact, people within that coaching group brought my attention to that over and over. 

thanks for sharing this

how would you rate their marketing lessons? did you feel it was high caliber? 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 03/10/2021 at 7:23 AM, Thought Art said:

I am about to be certified in Qigong and breathwork to be able to teach. 

I am considering working with an online consultant who specializes in these niches getting teachers high paying clients for online courses. 

He seems legit, and if things go well 8000 isn't that much to pay in the long run.

What are your thoughts?

This is the website he runs:

https://kevinwathey.com/

This is a ridiculous fee in my opinion. Anyone charging this much is often providing services for inexorable money to hype the value of their offer and conceal their pernicious intent for capital gain. There’s plenty of valuable information out there in marketing often for free or quite reasonably priced, far lower than this unjustifiable sum of money.

Though I do not know much about this guy (he may be knowledgeable) he is charging far too much irrespective of his expertise.

Edited by Jacobsrw

It depends on where you are at right now.

If you are just starting out and don't mind trying out different coaches at lower fees, then sure you can go through different coaches and their techniques and see which one works out fine for you.

But if you are already running a business and earning let say 50k or more per year and you want to take it much higher to 200k or more per year, that's when you need to look at top consultants and their techniques to help you level up your game.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:54 AM, Jacobsrw said:

This is a ridiculous fee in my opinion. Anyone charging this much is often providing services for inexorable money to hype the value of their offer and conceal their pernicious intent for capital gain. There’s plenty of valuable information out there in marketing often for free or quite reasonably priced, far lower than this unjustifiable sum of money.

Though I do not know much about this guy (he may be knowledgeable) he is charging far too much irrespective of his expertise.

This is how I am feeling as well. I am getting a weird feeling about him. I may just accept my losses and walk away. Look for more reasonable alternatives. I will do more research once I graduate with my Qigong and accounting Certificate and diploma and have more time to ready, study and look around.

Technically it is $6000 US. But in Canada there is a conversion.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Looks like I might be able to get a reduced cost version of the program without the 1 on 1 support the other price gives. 1850$ for a marketing course, course creation and how to manage facebook groups.

They have upgraded from Mindful Method 2.0 and Mindful Method 3.0 which is like 9k USD. These people are getting clients.. so they must be doing something right.

◭"89"

Okay, so I have the option of pay 800 dollars for the V2 of the course, or 8000 for the V3 version of the course.

I cannot afford the V3 version, and he is trying to convince me to take out a financial loan to pay for it.

He says I could start getting high ticket clients within 30-60 days.

I don't know a lot about risk, that it seems like he is trying to push me into dangerous financial practice.

I've already paid 1000usd for the V2 before... I am not sure what to do.

I want the course. I will likely go with the V2 as I can actually afford it. I wont have the 1 on 1 support which would be nice. But I can figure it out myself.

I don't want to be taken advantage of and paying someone 10k when I don't have my first client is just crazy.

I am building an online business no matter what.

Fuck working as a wage slave

and all these people can use some relaxation etc

I have value to create.

Going to practice active inaction for the next few weeks. Gonna contemplate.

I am looking for a payroll position atm anyway.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"