Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marinaaniram

How to actually FEEL the selflesness?..

10 posts in this topic

Everytime i feel bad, down, disturbed, something "bad" happens i realize and am very consicous (with my mind) that these things hurt only the egoic side of me, selfishess, SURVIVAL
but even though i can see that,think about it, i cant TRULY become free of these emotions 
i believe (again) you can not fully escape from feeling negative because otherwise you would not (need to) survive

but WHYY is everything IS TRYING TO SURVIVE SOO DESPERATLYYYY???

2 minutes ago, marinaaniram said:

but WHYY is everything IS TRYING TO SURVIVE SOO DESPERATLYYYY???

For fun! 

Everythingness loves pretending it's a 'self' (selfishness) so it can seem like somethingness at all. 

Feeling 'selfless' will never happen, because when there's no self, there's no self left to feel any way at all. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

beautiful question @marinaaniram 

Have you ever felt your true self? If you have, you would not say this, because you would realize who really is selfless, truly, as you crave for so much. 

This doesn't mean you should force yourself to be aware of the true self. This will only be counter effective. Everyone is in such emotional survival mode. (i mean 99% of the population) It's perfectly okay to be there.

But anyone who was blessed to become enlightened, (or see God as many would like to put it, but not me) see the consciousness that is universal, see their true self (all the same thing in different terms) that are beneath 0.1% of the population will have understood the selflessness that you have craved for. 

One thing I would humbly suggest is read the introduction of Power vs Force by David R Hawkins. 

He said the way he got enlightened was his insatiable craving for selflessness, insatiable craving to know his true self, an insatiable desire to cast off anything that is false within.

I, too, like to recommend this suggestion of David R Hawkins to anyone struggling with this like you. Good luck and I hope you find your selflessness :)  

Edited by charlie cho

Being free of the ego can be quite hard in practice as very few people in society actually achieve it. But limiting yourself by saying it’s not possible isn’t helpful.

Your have to ask yourself. Does a river need a self to flow? Or the Sun to shine?

In essence you are both the Sun and the rivers. You don’t need an illusory self to survive. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

3 minutes ago, vizual said:

But limiting yourself by saying it’s not possible isn’t helpful.

I'm saying the 'ego' can't feel the lack of itself any more than 'silence' sounds like something.  What does a song sound like when it's over? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

6 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

I'm saying the 'ego' can't feel the lack of itself any more than 'silence' sounds like something.  What does a song sound like when it's over? 

You are confusing the song  for the ego in your analogy.

The ego are like false notes within the song, although they might sound interesting for a while. Eventually they get annoying and hinder the ability to fully appreciate the song

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual no, you are misunderstanding my metaphor.  

To be selfless is to 'not be a distinct self'.. With no self, who is left to feel selfless? 

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The ‘escape’ from feeling negative is the understanding of how you’re creating it. 

This.

AND also penetrating your attention deeply into the sensations of the negative feelings such that their fundamental nature is seen as well as penetrating attention into the sensations of “self.” Who and what is precisely feeling these sensations? 

So basically…

1. Notice how you’re literally creating these emotions and therefore recognize you can create new ones. Conscious creation

2. Deconstruct the emotional sensations into their fundamental moment by moment experience until their impermanence is so obvious, there’s nothing left but phenomenological flow. Vipassana 

3. Penetrate attention into who and what is experiencing these sensations. Notice how the space out of which the emotions arise is the same space witnessing the emotions and this same space is where the activities of self-survival arise out of as well. Self inquiry