Juan Cruz Giusto

Books To Interpret Dreams?

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I've been reading The Hero With a Thousand Faces and Campbell talks a lot about Jung psychology and how dreams express the unconscious.. I've been having really weird dreams and I would like to know if anyone recommends a good book on how to interpret these dreams.. What do you think about it? 

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Many years ago I read about interpreting dreams in one of Sigmund Freud's books. He had some interesting ideas about dreams, so since then I have used these theories to interpret my own daydreams and sleeping dreams. I think it has worked well and been useful. I don't know about any other books. I haven't done any research.

Anyway, so what Freud says is that a dream is a wish that's presented as fulfilled.

I will give you an example: It's common people dream about searching for the toilet, and when they wake up they realize they actually need to pee. So, what takes place in the dream is that they are searching for the toilet, but just the moment they reach the toilet and start peeing they wake up. So, the wish in this case is to reach the toilet and pee. And as always, this wish is fulfilled in the end of the dream.

The end of the dreams is the interesting part, because it shows what you unconsciously dream and wish to happen.

Would you like to share what you have been dreaming about?

Most of Freud's Ideas are out dated , it will confuse the hell out of you reading him . 

@Juan Cruz Giusto Why are dreams so important? Why you want to interpret them? 

Don't use a "dreams dictionary" but a "symbols dictionary" to interpret both your dreams and waking life.

If you read french, I would recommend this one : https://www.amazon.com/Dictionnaire-symboles-coutumes-figures-couleurs/dp/222108716X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481807604&sr=8-1&keywords=dictionnaire+des+symboles

Then, I would say that interpretation is most of the time personal, dictionaries comes after feelings.

You can use lucid dreaming techniques to interpret directly inside your dream, what's the meaning of it (by speaking loudly "what does it mean ?" like a command in the terminal, and you get a direct clear answer).

Edited by Soulbass

@Donald lol. Tell that to Jung or Freud.. Thought is not new but you have so much shit inside you that you cannot even grasp it with your conscious mind. And many of the things that you do and think are nurtured by the unconscious mind. 

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb