The Buddha

Are psychedelics a Complete Path?

64 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, impulse9 said:

. Nothing anyone could ever say would convince me that what I experienced on Salvia can be surpassed by any substance in this world. .

@impulse9 You keep mentioning that, but you never really described that trip. 

Mind sharing? :)

@Leo Gura 

The great traditions always had very good feedback systems. Because they realized that someone could be truly enlightened and also be an asshole. So going full-circle and developing your dreamy character could also be a nice thing to do. Because I resonated a lot with another comment about the way you write at the blog, you don't seem at all at peace, much less in ecstasi or bliss. Yes, they are all dreamt, so what? The problem when people wake up is that sometimes they have still lots of traumas or problems locked in the body, however as their consciousness (or even beyond) is absolute they do not care at all. Be aware of this because it is very common, much more than you think. They just wake up and stop identifying with the character and they don't give a fuck at all, because they are awake; yet I still insist Leo, be aware of this trap.

@Leo Gura

45 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

I'm very sad about it honestly, because Leo has a great platform for teaching. And this is simply not the right teaching and will end up confusing a whole lot of people, some of them irreparably.

This.

Ultimately, it’s fine. But relatively, there is a bit of sadness. 

The one caveat is that those who are truly committed to the truth will find a way out of the delusion. Those who are playing games would have very likely gotten distracted and trapped through other means anyways, with or without Actualized.org. And honestly, there is still a lot of value with Actualized.org, there are a hell of a lot worse places to get stuck. And psychedelics are enormously powerful, healing tools when used appropriately. 

Yeah. I disagree that they are tools. Like I said someplace else, they are a means to experience a magical conversation. You don't necessarily get insight from this conversation, you might, or you might not.

In my worldview, psychedelics (along with all other substances) correspond to a specific immaterial entity. The substance simply bridges this world and the other. And the bridge is where the communication with this entity takes place. It's all very meta. The point is, you won't get anything in return, other than directly experiencing that this type of thing is possible. Which is still quite a lot, considering our normal state of affairs.

Enlightenment, however, goes infinitely deeper. Enlightenment is breaking of all bonds. It is absolute freedom. And it can't be defined. It certainly can't be taught. And there is no algorithm for how to get there. The way that can be wayed is not the true way.