Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arzack

The Tao symbol's meaning

10 posts in this topic

You know the good ol' black and white tao symbol? There is some white (good) in the black half, and some black (bad) in the white half.

My interpretation is that suffering is necessary for spiritual evolution, and that enlightened beings retain the ability to do small bad deeds for a good purpose (this has been confirmed by some of them).

My theory is that bad trips and "in-between lives suffering" (on the astral plane if one dies painlessly) is what really does the work of spiritual evolution. 

Meditation only works if you had many incarnations. In fact many people don't go anywhere with it. Others awake out of nowhere and don't even know wtf is going on until they read about it.

It's hard to swallow, I know.

Edited by Arzack

It’s not hard to swallow, these are theories one lets go of in meditation.  The “others are exceptional, talented, gifted, etc” theory is likewise false & misleading (just thoughts). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Arzack said:

My interpretation is that suffering is necessary for spiritual evolution, and that enlightened beings retain the ability to do small bad deeds for a good purpose (this has been confirmed by some of them).

No gain in pain.

There is no 'spiritual evolution'. There is no goal for God & creation somewhere. If there was a goal, an ultimate end result, why wouldn't it already be the case? I'm telling you, it is.

My theory is that bad trips and "in-between lives suffering" (on the astral plane if one dies painlessly) is what really does the work of spiritual evolution. 

What a weird theory.

Meditation only works if you had many incarnations. In fact many people don't go anywhere with it. Others awake out of nowhere and don't even know wtf is going on until they read about it.

Why are you holding and advocating for such a limiting and doleful belief? No wonder you find it hard to swallow. Try eating something better.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I will quote this from Chris Bache last book about his many 500 McG LSD trips:

The Suffering of Death and Rebirth. Let me bring this chapter to a close by addressing a final important issue. The single largest concern I have about sharing my visionary journey with others is that people may be frightened by the large amount of suffering it contains. I am concerned that they will either judge the psychedelic method harshly or become fearful of the unseen universe. Both of these are the last things I want to happen. In order to avoid this, I have considered blunting the pain and diluting its role in the plot, but this would be dishonest. I may make mistakes in telling this story, but I pledge to give an honest account of what took place in my sessions. It is important, therefore, that we understand the role that suffering plays in the psychedelic process, and specifically the suffering of death and rebirth.

Edited by Arzack
Format

I think the symbol represents nonduality perfectly. The contrast of black and white shows that there can only be form with formless (no teardrop shape would be seen if the entire circle was white). The two sides represent formless and form, and their inseperable union.

It's a perfect symbol.

35 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I think the symbol represents nonduality perfectly. The contrast of black and white shows that there can only be form with formless (no teardrop shape would be seen if the entire circle was white). The two sides represent formless and form, and their inseperable union.

It's a perfect symbol.

That doesn't explain the small black and white circles at all.

Edited by Arzack

Hmm, if you want to read up more on what the Tao symbol means you can read about in in more depth in this book:

Cosmic Nutrition

It explains Taoist understanding of the universe and holistic human health and has a really deep and interesting chapter on Yin Yang theory.

@Arzack Be careful you don't seem to fully understand hand the Tao symbol is used.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 hours ago, Arzack said:

I will quote this from Chris Bache last book about his many 500 McG LSD trips:

The Suffering of Death and Rebirth. Let me bring this chapter to a close by addressing a final important issue. The single largest concern I have about sharing my visionary journey with others is that people may be frightened by the large amount of suffering it contains. I am concerned that they will either judge the psychedelic method harshly or become fearful of the unseen universe. Both of these are the last things I want to happen. In order to avoid this, I have considered blunting the pain and diluting its role in the plot, but this would be dishonest. I may make mistakes in telling this story, but I pledge to give an honest account of what took place in my sessions. It is important, therefore, that we understand the role that suffering plays in the psychedelic process, and specifically the suffering of death and rebirth.

When he says ‘specifically the suffering of death and rebirth’ it is an experiential reference, not actual. I suspect that because this is outside of your experiential frame of reference, you therefore believe it to be literal or actual vs what it is in plain sight of your direct experience, which is a sharing of his experience(s). It is equally valid that the experience of death & rebirth are entirely without suffering. 

(⬆️ that is the small circle to your (at present) yang understanding.)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

22 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i think it represents an orca

because orcas are enlightened

whyyy

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"