Frylock

The modern human brain evolved an estimated 300,000 years ago

6 posts in this topic

In theory, all of the technology that we have now could have existed 300,000 years ago.

I dunno why but I find that fact interesting.

In theory, technology is not simply a product of human brains. It's a product of geology, climate, flora and fauna, culture etc.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I wouldnt agree on that. We had to develop a lot of psychotechnologies (like language, literacy, mathematics, ...) and integrate them, in order to use our brain as we are able to use now. 

How would you be able to have complex ideas without literacy to imagine words and think in language? You wouldn´t even be able to exist as you, in the way you currently think, without these psychotechnologies, which most of us take for granted.

My own understanding is that while we could interbreed with people from 300,000 years ago, humans with the sort of cognitive capabilities that exist today are actually far more recent, closer to 40,000 or 50,000 years from what I've read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/human-brains-may-only-be-40000-years-old-scientists-say-2018-1%3famp

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 2021-09-16 at 4:19 AM, Frylock said:

In theory, all of the technology that we have now could have existed 300,000 years ago.

I dunno why but I find that fact interesting.

Because it takes time to learn. Of course all the technology doesn't immediately fall into your lap just because you have a smart brain.  It took Einstein his entire life to make progress with his scientific work, and he hadn't finished it even at the point of his death.

The more i think of it the more i'm forced to conclude it was the PENIS which caused a spark in our primitive ancester's brains, e.g. when they discovered the concept of handy tools...

Good day, have fun!!  ^_^