WonderSeeker

RSD Madison, thoughts?

25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

Just reading through the thread…

Here’s a bit of a caveat emptor.

If RSD coaches break down your self-esteem to get you to buy… they will likely continue to disempower and give you half-crappy/half-helpful advice because it is lucrative to them.

Playing off of male insecurity is a very profitable business.

You should be cautious because these coaches would lose money if men actually gained confidence and felt better about themselves. Your crippling self-esteem issues and insecurities about your masculinity are their bread and butter.

Its interesting and ive been thinking about this recently but i wonder how much money and success come into any self-help or advice or even politics. As in is it possible to get advice separated from the fact that the person giving you advice is essentially trying to get paid from it either now or later?

RSD Tyler in my opinion is a great speaker, obviously very captivating but he also makes a hell of a lot of money and hes very aware of what makes money and the tactics he needs to employ. This doesnt mean that hes completely driven by it but it is surely a massive factor, hes also probably aware of the psychology of people and knows that if he comes across to money-orientated he would lose his audience, so its a very deep psychological game, part of it genuinely could be a desire to help others.

So i wonder if to really give honest, genuine advice you need to be at a level where you almost dont need the money, it becomes so secondary that youre not even actively thinking of ways to monetise your knowledge, you just want to serve. You potentially see this in sages and some gurus, but a lot of that knowledge might not be relevant to people who are just trying to find their financial footing or attract a mate. In these spaces it feels difficult to find the genuine article.

Anyway recently i came across this guy that ill link below, he has a net worth of over $100m and does youtube really just to pass info on. I find his videos very interesting as he just gives the reality of his experiences and it seems that he's not trying to sell you anything, even if he was it would be a drop in the bucket for what his business makes. But i feel when you compare his vids to someone like Tyler theres just a certain calmness and matter of factness to them which i really appreciate. 

TD;LR Can you remain authentic as a coach, youtuber or whatever if your lifestyle depends on it?

Don't overlook the possibility that maybe you do suck with girls.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Consept said:

So i wonder if to really give honest, genuine advice you need to be at a level where you almost dont need the money, it becomes so secondary that youre not even actively thinking of ways to monetise your knowledge, you just want to serve. You potentially see this in sages and some gurus, but a lot of that knowledge might not be relevant to people who are just trying to find their financial footing or attract a mate. In these spaces it feels difficult to find the genuine article.

I think humans are way too complex for that to be the only possibility, though I think it's healthy to ask the question.

Check out Corey Wayne - he gave up a secure and financially lucrative career in construction to pursue teaching attraction because he knew it was his LP, and waited tables whilst failing over and over until he started turning a profit. He eventually became succesful because of his passion for his work, evident by his books being available for free.

Ultimately I think there are those out there who do it for passion, and those who do it for ego. Those who do it for passion can also self-deceive themselves on doing certain things for questionable motivations for an infinite number of reasons depending on their life circumstance (even down to how their feeling one day to the next), whilst those who generally do it for ego can also have the motivation to be selfless. Intuition is usually a good guide for figuring out whose genuine, though that can also be difficult depending on the life circumstance you're in when receiving the info.

Edited by Regan

On 9/17/2021 at 1:45 AM, Consept said:

Anyway recently i came across this guy that ill link below, he has a net worth of over $100m and does youtube really just to pass info on. I find his videos very interesting as he just gives the reality of his experiences and it seems that he's not trying to sell you anything, even if he was it would be a drop in the bucket for what his business makes. But i feel when you compare his vids to someone like Tyler theres just a certain calmness and matter of factness to them which i really appreciate. 

TD;LR Can you remain authentic as a coach, youtuber or whatever if your lifestyle depends on it?

I've been studying him a bit, great content when it comes to purely making money without much concern about ethics and consciousness. But his business is http://acquisition.com, meaning that his free content and free book(s) are meant to get people to, first of all, trust him as an authority and then second of all, get people to reach the 3-10m a year where his portfolio company then comes into play and takes the best 3-10m businesses (read: most profitable) in under their wings. His free content is basically his marketing, hence he always mentions his portfolio company in the videos. He also always shouts ''I have nothing to sell you'' in his videos, which is very telling in itself.

So his work definitely has an agenda to make more money. It is very subtle. I mean, his lifetime goal is to make 1b a year by the time he dies.

Don't get me wrong, he does give away a ton of value when it comes to purely money-making.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran