TheSelf

Loving physical pain

23 posts in this topic

@m0hsen I realized this by  inquiring into the contractions like I learned from Scott Kiloby. First I feel into the contraction. Then I can inquiry by f.ex. asking who or what is this about and then just wait to see if any images or words come up in my mind. Then maybe what will come up is I hate my dad. Then I will purposely think the opposite, I love my dad, to bring up the resistance. The resisting thoughts that comes up are then just observed neutrally until they dissipate. I'll just repeat this until I can think I love my dad without resisting thoughts coming up. And I can notice as I am going trough this process how the contraction changes as the hidden stories are brought up and released trough observing it. And often also this process releases feelings. F.ex. the thought I hate my dad may release anger, which is then felt and observed until it dissolves like the thoughts. This is just one example of how to do it. I'm just getting started with this myself.  So, if you're interested in this, I recommend you check out Scott Kiloby's channel to learn more 

Edited by yolosmoothie

2 hours ago, m0hsen said:

Interesting, But that's the ego-self! Imagine you reach a state of consciousness which you transcend the ego-self unconditionally love yourself, with or without a body! ?

"With, or without the body" is a concept.

There is only now.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Physical pain also, of course, is an illusion. Did you know that before the discovery of anaesthesia, they used hypnosis in surgeries?