Adodd

Neti Neti roadblock- Am I localized?

8 posts in this topic

I cant get past feeling that "I" (whatever that is) is located within my body. I realize how I am not actually my body. But I sure as hell feel located within it.

Help me understand why that's wrong.

Location is a concept.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

To put it simply: you see your phone, therefore you can be sure that you are not your phone.

You can perceive your emotions, therefore you can be sure that you are not your emotions.

You can perceive your thoughts, therefore you can be sure that you are not your thoughts.

etc

Therefore: if it can appear, if it can be perceived, it cannot be you.

All the bodies appear in some way.

So who are you? Or rather, what are you?

Maybe a simple way to point to it is to say that you are the very quality that perceives, you are the knowingness that knows, although this too is not ultimately true but if you see experientially what I just said, you can use it to trace yourself back to yourself. In the beginning it may feel neutral, then when you "get" it you will have a blissful experience (to the extent of how well you got it) but this will still not be it, don't confuse experience with the actual truth of the matter, for experiences appear.

(And also don't judge yourself if you struggle at some point or if fear appears)

Edited by SriSriJustinBieber

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Location is a concept.

Oh.

Touch'e.

23 hours ago, Adodd said:

I cant get past feeling that "I" (whatever that is) is located within my body. I realize how I am not actually my body. But I sure as hell feel located within it.

Help me understand why that's wrong.

The pointer I'd give you is feel into "that or what ever it is" which feels located in the body.

23 hours ago, Adodd said:

I cant get past feeling the thought… that "I" (whatever that is) is located within my body another thought.  I realize how I am not actually my body thoughts. But I sure as hell feel am focusing on thoughts about being located within it thoughts. 

Help me understand put attention back on feeling why that's wrong.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

do a mental exercise. Imagine that you undergo surgery and a wire is cut in your brain that disconnects all your senses. blind, deaf, tactless, etc. put yourself carefully in the situation. where would you be? what would you be? Imagine that after having a season in that strange situation, your memory is erased. what would you be?