Waken

You are just fine as you are now, release the ideas of needing to be better

21 posts in this topic

In my experience thoughts of needing self-improvement or developing yourself, as far as I can see, seem to come from a place of lack. Coming from an idea that what you are, isn't good enough, lacking in some way. And so you may have been trying to change something about you, trying to be more mindful, to be more loving or kind, to be more spiritual, more considerate towards others, more thoughtful, more awake/enlightened, more knowledgeable or insightful, more successful, more mature, more responsible, more ambitious, more interesting, more outgoing, more selfless, etc. Perhaps in that imagined improved image of yourself, you allow yourself to think and feel better about yourself, because you don't actually think and feel very well about yourself now. Perhaps in that image you would let yourself feel better because you think of it as being a more acceptable or attentionworthy, significant version in the eyes of others. And perhaps in the attempt to make that image happen, there is a lot of stress and struggle associated with it, and isn't it really working out as well you want. Good. Because if it's not working out, if something is causing stress, then perhaps it's not for you. If you can't make a certain image you have of yourself work, that would be a more 'upgraded' or 'perfect' version, and are experiencing stress a struggle, perhaps it's because that image isn't really you, isn't really in resonance with what you are. Perhaps that image isn't a better version of you, but a worse one. 
If a thought makes you feel bad, if you think 'I should be more X' or whatever the thought is. Instead of taking the thought as true, take it as a thought that isn't resonating with your being. Instead of thinking you have to live up to that thought, abandon it, abandon the idea that it's for you.Perhaps give thanks to the fear, the wrestling: 'thank you fear, stress, anxiety, heaviness, struggle, that you don't let me conform to this idea that isn't really me. Thank you for helping me to relax in what I really am'.  Abandon the selfconcepts you have of yourself, about what would be better versions of you, or of how you should be, look or whatever. Let thoughts that don't feel good, relax you back in what you really are. Instead of trying to reach perfection, relax yourself back into the perfection you already are.

Edited by Waken

@Waken everything is perfect. 

Reality is occurring the one, and only one, way it ever will.  Any attempt to change 'how reality is playing out' is just more 'how reality is playing out'.  

You are something that is happening, not something which 'does things'.

The only thing I ever do is 'be myself' and I'm always doing that, effortlessly. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Mason Riggle sounds good, not denying what you say. At the same time, sometimes a more absolute view just ain't quite good enough

Edited by Waken

@Waken consider- why the urge to make this post? If we're already 'just fine', what's the point of this post? 

'Trying to be like myself' and 'trying not to be like myself' are the exact same thing.. both are 'what I'm doing', which is ' being like myself', and I'm always doing that without trying to. 

One can also release the idea of not needing to be better.

Everything is Love from the Absolute perspective, including the need to be better.

Acceptance and compassion towards all aspects of Being is key.

25 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Waken consider- why the urge to make this post? If we're already 'just fine', what's the point of this post? 

'Trying to be like myself' and 'trying not to be like myself' are the exact same thing.. both are 'what I'm doing', which is ' being like myself', and I'm always doing that without trying to. 

I see, I meant the way you are naturally -without the superimposition of ideas such as of how one should or shouldn't be, that came as the result of living in this world- is fine/perfect. No need to try to be different, improve oneself, etc from a place of not being good enough. I'm just talking about the release of these ideas in order to stop trying and suffering so hard. In the post I meant behaviors, thoughts, words, that aren't in alignment with your natural vibration are 'not you'. Yes in a more literal way, that's also you, it's all you, but that's talking on the matter from a different point of view. 

Edited by Waken

@Waken if I release ideas of needing to be better will that make me better? 

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

@Waken if I release ideas of needing to be better will that make me better? 

Are you being triggered or playing games? Of course not, but it will make you more authentically you, and your experience will be more whole/nicer. That's obviously something valuable (yes in the relative domain). And you could have easily come up with that answer too

@Waken I'm being sincere. I suppose I don't understand how I can be 'more authentically me' since I'm always already that. 

12 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Waken I'm being sincere. I suppose I don't understand how I can be 'more authentically me' since I'm always already that. 

Hmm, doesn't seem very straight and sincere from this pov. I already explained how I meant that 3 responses back (this response included). I meant 'you' as you are when you are whole, aligned with what you are without expressed ideas that aren't in resonance with the unique energy signature  of 'your being'. Yes I know, from another point of view unaligned behaviors, behaviors of fear for example are also you, that is a more literal/matter of factly, POV. 

Edited by Waken

@Waken to me this sounds like 'being my authentic self' is better than being my inauthentic self.. am I just fine the way I am or not? 

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Waken to me this sounds like 'being my authentic self' is better than being my inauthentic self.. am I just fine the way I am or not? 

Common buddy. Obviously, not suffering your balls out is preferable. That's all the post was intended to assist in. Wishing you well

Edited by Waken

@Waken Thank you! It's important to bring the absolute back into the relative, and one important part of that is to understand how to use thought, how to interpret thought, which you laid out quite beautifully. I'm not really good at that, but I once did an exercise in which one is to think and speak a thought that resonates with you the deepest, 2 hours, one thought every minute - and I quickly felt how powerful this is. So thank you very much, you reminded me to work on that :)

Reducing this back to "you don't really think, there is no thinker" etc is missing the point here - it's the metaphysical backbone, but we still can choose to bathe in the perfection that we are by utilizing what we have in this relative form-world. 

??

Freedom is completely free.

It allows for Change and Unchanging.

Perfect/imperfect, right/wrong, good/bad....all conditioned concepts of the mind.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Yes, love it

@peanutspathtotruth Thank you! Yes, this forum is more focused on understandings regarding what objectively true/truth, and less on how to navigate life in a wholesome manner. For me, it's more about coming into alignment. A statement such as 'loving yourself' may not make much sense if you look at it very matter of factly, but for me anyway, from a more heart-centered approach it does.

I find Abraham Hicks amazing in how to use thought. That approach of thinking a thought that resonates most for 2 hours. That's great, love that sort of thing. I would say the thought that resonates most with you, is the thought that is most in alignment with your nature, it's most you, it's what you're most about. Perhaps we could say it brings you back to your 'true center', your strength, your nature, your higher mind/your soul. That's why it feels good.

Edited by Waken

5 hours ago, Waken said:

I would say the thought that resonates most with you, is the thought that is most in alignment with your nature, it's most you, it's what you're most about. Perhaps we could say it brings you back to your 'true center', your strength, your nature, your higher mind/your soul. That's why it feels good.

Yep, that's what I intuit about this as well. It's like when you're really really honest and sensitive enough, you can feel which thought expresses the truth more or less accurately. So this process actually helps steer the internal belief-systems into a most coherent, truthful structure - yes, even though any belief system needs to be seen for what it is: not the truth itself.