john1

What is Qigong

13 posts in this topic

I asked something on this forum a few weeks back and someone mentioned that I should do qigong. I have no idea what that is. If anyone can send a book, video, audiobook, course, etc. explaining what it is or how to do it that would be great.

@Thought Art Thanks! I actually think you're the one who mentioned Qigong on the other topic. I had another question. Is Qigong really that crucial? Is it on the level of meditation and yoga for what it'll do for me 10 years down the line? Thanks again.

@john1 In my opinion I think it's really important. The long term health benefits are huge. It has both practical health benefits and spiritual benefits. It will be up to you to decide.

If you practice regularly you will be developing a healthier spine, clearer mind, develop you Qi and life force energy and really from my research it's one of the best investments into longevity. I find it balances perfectly with my yoga, meditation and psychedelic routine. 

I have mystical experiences quite often on Qigong such especially in my energy body and heart. Also, its great because you open up the energy flow in the body for a higher enlightened baseline state. Qi circulation is a crucial aspect for health and spiritual integrity. 

In Qigong we say, add years to your life and life to your years. It's a powerful ancient Art and I would like to hear from more people their experiences on the forum. 

I think you will be surprised how when you activate you life force energy the things you will discover. 

I will be offering 1 on 1 sessions and weekly classes here in the coming months. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art So after I'm done with the 2 weeks, what do I do? Do I go and buy holden qigong's other products? They seem pricy, so is it really worth the investment? Is there some other book or list that has all the exercises and their benefits and other information about them? Or is Lee's the best resource for Qigong. Also, are there other exercises and activities like Qigong that I should look into and that have the same level of benefits?

After 2 weeks it's 40 dollars a month. You could also just buy one or two videos of his and do thing throughout the week. You can also see some free videos on youtube. There are plenty of books with poses, theories and sequences and others schools of Qigong. 

Personally I found it worth the investment

I have purchased the subscription, many of the workshops and I am doing teacher training and it's been very rewarding. 

Don't need to commit to anything. If you like it and want to keep going, then go ahead but theres lots in of techniques in spiritual practice an we can't do them all at once so find something you enjoy and put a year or two into I think.

If you don't invest money into your growth, you wont grow.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Qigong means 'energy work' after translation. 

But qigong is usually done standing up so it appeals to those who like to control the flow of energy and then 'break things'.:D

45 minutes ago, hyruga said:

Qigong means 'energy work' after translation. 

But qigong is usually done standing up so it appeals to those who like to control the flow of energy and then 'break things'.:D

Yup.

There is medical, spiritual and martial Qigong. Kung Fu is a type of Qigong.

◭"89"

38 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Please search for an expert professional near where you live, not online stuff. 

Online is fine too

Pros and cons depending on your needs and wants. 

I've been doing Ashtanga yoga and tonnes of sports since I was 9 so I know my body pretty well.

Online is great because you can do it whenever you want for as long as you want. You can also book online sessions with teachers to talk about technique etc.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@asifarahim Yup! This https://www.yogaanytime.com/px/Ashtanga-2&wickedsource=google&wickedid=Cj0KCQjwssyJBhDXARIsAK98ITQ2-1CxJXx4HPqF8eNnU572jzR0ToNeUUVklfzoGqo88DsNTv5iNpgaAskuEALw_wcB&wickedid={creative}&wv=3.1?wickedsource=google&wv=3.1

and plenty of others.

I didn't realize how lucky I was to have an ashtanga teacher when I was young who let me train for free. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

This is a great resource and there are lots of videos on YouTube. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.