Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ilan

I might need some help

32 posts in this topic

@Ilan Good doctors always do risk benefit anyalysis. If antipsychotics hurt you more than they help, then they'll tell you to reduce the Dose.

I cannot get your suffering because I never went through it.

There are different types of medication that have different or fewer side effects for every people.

What do you have to lose by trying everything the doctor tells you to try. Just tell him when you suffer more or less. That's the mental health approach.

There are psychological conditions, like bipolar disorder, that benefit from medication. Drugs are not the devil.

That said, I have a strong predisposition against drugs, unless they are truly necessary. Psychiatrists dispense them like candy. It is an easy fix, but not a cure.

People that need medication find reasons not to take it, while the converse is true for people that don't need it.

If someone is committed to a psych ward, chances are there is something with their brain chemistry that would benefit from medication. Still, overmedication is a problem, and psych wards are notorious for this.

If life is crazy, medicate and meditate. They are not mutually exclusive.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I've also had a psychotic episode / spiritual emergency. Spent a little while in psych ward, took antipsychotics. I understand what you mean by the pills making you feel disconnected. That's kind of the point of antipsychotics. They were helpful for me, but I didn't take them for a long time.

I would advice you not to take any psychedelics. You feel your body resisting it for a good reason. This is a time to relax. Pay attention on how you feel, rather than how you think your state of awareness/consciousness is. You got time.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

31 minutes ago, Moksha said:

If life is crazy, medicate and meditate. They are not mutually exclusive.

@Moksha That should be clear, the new age community doesn't want anything to do with the pharma-industy, and that ideology hurst people.

Well said.

@Moksha

You're wrong here.

Most of the time the initial prescription leads to the mental illness as it alters how the nerv cells work.

People get committed to the psych wards because of the initial drugs that have been prescribed.

Edited by Windappreciator

@Windappreciator I suspect that most of the time people are committed to psych wards because they have an underlying mental illness, not due to any medication they have taken to that point. More likely, is is just the opposite. Bipolar disorder is a classic example; people often refuse to take  medication like lithium that would actually help.

As I said, I'm not a fan of drugs in general, and often they are overprescribed, but they do have a place.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Windappreciator Medication is not the cause of most mental disorders. Biology and trauma are far more likely to be the cause. Medication doesn't just mitigate; it can be transformative for certain conditions. It can also destroy lives, if prescribed by quacks who don't truly care about their patients.

I agree that Ritalin is way too overprescribed.

Do you eat healthy, exercise, sleep well, have a source of income, have a good grasp of an activity you enjoy? 

People are different, but for me when I was doing 3 hours + of practice a day, I was neglecting these things, and practice was a grindy suffering. 

If you're currently on medication, I don't think a hardcore psychedelic trip, let alone the most powerful psychedelic in the world is the next step for you. 

Your adrenals have probably been put through ringer by this whole ordeal, so my suggestion is to do a healthy form of relaxation e.g. a tepid bath with magnesium salts. 

As for healing, maybe go for a Holotropic breathwork class first. 

"what you have to offer is huge with psychedelics; bring your best" - Leo Gura 

@Moksha No it definitely can. Psychiatric drugs have been worsening  mental health outcomes ever since started.

You can get any healthy person sick of two week haloperidol for example. And then they're in life long need of care.

Edited by Windappreciator

@Ilan You might want to try checking out Dr Joe Dispenza's work and give his meditations a crack, maybe attend a retreat if you can. It's a kind of meditation specifically geared towards practicing elevated emotional states and sustaining them (gratitude, joy, love, empowerment etc). I found that these were very helpful for me to maintain a will to live and passion to keep on the path when it got difficult. I'll link a an interview where you can listen to his view on spirituality and meditation and I'll link his books in the order I think best to read them. Take care and be gentle with yourself, these periods of darkness are par for the course, you will come out the other end. 

Podcast Interview: 

Books:

You are the placebo:
1. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E422blWS9kJ_mFVlUA30vBD5d6Xz5-ZK?usp=sharing

Breaking the habit of being yourself:
2. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wQhcWpRV6zrAdMxd2N7uYiCSFVBmyvs0?usp=sharing

Becoming Supernatural:
3. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BBrGKPdMYgxdrwlr41sL42mmfAdKGM5y?usp=sharing