DieFree

What's the beef in the Spiral Dynamics community? 

12 posts in this topic

I started joining some Spiral Dynamics communities on Facebook and some of them are asking me to disavow any connection between Beck's contribution and that of Ken Wilbur's Integral and Cowan and some other names and I'm just like WTF? It feels like some Medieval schism is going on. What's the tea? 

I don't know but this seems to show that they are taking things from an intellectual standpoint instead of seeing the actual value of the tool, regardless of who contributed what.

I ask you to disavow any connection with them ;)

58 minutes ago, DieFree said:

It feels like some Medieval schism is going on. What's the tea?

What did you expect? Spiral people to actually be saints?

Everything united becomes divided.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura - since spiral people seemed so willing to dismiss others as "tier 1 thinkers" I must say I was surprised at the level of pettiness. sigh. The community needs more incense burning, mediation n' meditation, and most of all, magical mushroom tripping. Would you agree?

Edited by DieFree

Never underestimate mankind's proclivity for petty foolishness.

Just because you know the theory of Spiral Dynamics, doesn't mean you're tier 2. 

I had to leave a Spiral Dynamics Facebook group because the level of pettiness and groupthink conformity was unbelievable. It felt like a high school cafeteria. I was honestly really sad and pathetic. My guestimation is that most people in the group were at the Achiever level Stage Orange and lacked embodied values associated with Green, let alone Yellow. 

Edited by tuckerwphotography

16 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

My guestimation is that most people in the group were at the Achiever level Stage Orange and lacked embodied values associated with Green, let alone Yellow. 

The distribution is basically identical to the rest of the population in open communities like that, meaning very few people actually at Tier 2. A community that is saturated with Tier 2 has a lot of bottlenecks associated with it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

27 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

A community that is saturated with Tier 2 has a lot of bottlenecks associated with it.

@Carl-Richard What do you mean by a lot of bottlenecks? Any examples of communities that you're referring to?

21 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@Carl-Richard What do you mean by a lot of bottlenecks? Any examples of communities that you're referring to?

The people who are consistently surrounded by Tier 2 people are usually doing some work in the world that requires working with such people. The bottleneck is then to fully incorporate Tier 2 into your life purpose, put your money where your mouth is and get out into the world.

On 2021-8-10 at 0:55 AM, Carl-Richard said:
Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Wilber's model is superior

On 8/24/2021 at 6:40 PM, tuckerwphotography said:

I had to leave a Spiral Dynamics Facebook group because the level of pettiness and groupthink conformity was unbelievable. It felt like a high school cafeteria. I was honestly really sad and pathetic. My guestimation is that most people in the group were at the Achiever level Stage Orange and lacked embodied values associated with Green, let alone Yellow. 

do tell more, i LOVE good drama:ph34r: