Alysssa

I need some clarification about spiral dynamics

10 posts in this topic

My English isn't the best but I'll try my best in explaining my question.

How look the difference between stages green and yellow in their daily life response toward lower stages?

I know that stage green inspired by stage purple and he can live with stage purple people without loosing his mind completely (Lets assume that he passed the "test" and got their trust). but stage green can get annoyed if he has to tolerate for some reason people of stages red (violent), blue (Too rigid) and even orange (Too competitive). I talk about see and interact with those people on daily basis like your neighbors, or people in your work, in your country and so on...

Stage yellow is stage in tier 2 who aware to spiral dynamics compared to green and he understand the differences and accepts this reality but what his reaction would be like? You may say that he would be cool but what if for some reason he has to be around those stages on daily basis while some of them aren't the healthiest? wouldn't he get annoyed? or feel disturbed? Is it possible to be with dominant stage yellow thinking and still be annoyed by lower stages although you understand them perfectly? Or understanding them perfectly means that you have lots of tolerance for them, even if they are do bad things to you or to your close people?

What if there's a stage yellow woman who lives for some reason (maybe LP) in some undeveloped country full of stage red/blue people and every day when she get out of her house she gets harassments from stage red men, very unpleasant words and gestures, maybe something that put her life in danger, maybe she carry a gun with her but what is going on inside her head and how she would react to those harassments? would she think "They are at stage red and I understand their behavior so I'm not annoyed by them or take it personally" or "What a stupid misogynists I hate you!!! If you dare to hurt me I kill you"

I'm sorry if my questions looks silly or stupid. I'll very appreciate your answers,

Thank you.

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

Stage yellow would be much more understanding of where they are at in their development. Yellow would try to meet them on their level in communication. This stage would understand how all of these stages are needed and how individuals go through them. Much more understanding and accepting of their level of devlopment. Stage yellow would be much more prepared to fend for oneself against attacks of lower stages using their integration of lower levels of devlopment. Stage yellow would be more capable of sensing ones level of devlopment and interacting with it. Stage yellow would not allow themselves to be a door matt from abuse. Stage yellow would likely start to become more a lone wolf, creating more of an exclusive personal environment. 

Stage green would want to include all and help all generally. Sometimes though stuck into a specific cause. Stage green would be frustrated that others are not living up to their ideals and standards. Stage green would likely be more emotionally reactive towards the situations and people. Stage green would lack more of the nuance understanding that it is okay for people to be who they are. They would not be able accept that others need the right conditions, time, and environment to grow. Stage green would be much more subject to abuse from the lower stages. Something like a stage green being tricked or seduced by stage red would be much more common. Stage green would be more resentful of the other stages for not sharing those ideas and values that they hold.  

Edited by Average Investor

5 minutes ago, Average Investor said:

Stage yellow would be more capable of sensing ones level of devlopment and interacting with it. 

Does it mean that stage yellow would act like chameleon?

"When in Rome do as the Romans do" approach?

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

@Alysssa In a sense it would be something like that. There is a term called "spiral wizard" that is specific to it. Also, once someone is familiar enough with the stages, then they could assist others in developing further as well. 

In every test I’ve taken regarding Spiral Dynamics, I’ve tested at Stage Yellow. I’m a systems analyst who work in aerospace and turn 40 in a few weeks. I help transition organizations into more efficacious ones using up-to-date processes and technologies. The organizations I deal with tend to be red, blue, or orange.

I spend a lot of time alone. I live in a US state that is red-blue, so I am a general mismatch with the culture. I do occasionally get harassed, but I’m usually able to diffuse the situation or get the authorities involved if it gets bad. Finding a partner has been challenging, but I am largely self-sufficient and view marriage as a life-enhancer only if it's done right with a best-fit partner. I do not tolerate abuse in any form.

7 hours ago, Alysssa said:

Does it mean that stage yellow would act like chameleon?

"When in Rome do as the Romans do" approach?

I've learned how to blend in and use the system to my advantage, but I am still authentic. For example, at work, I can follow the dress code and say the right things, but I will not compromise on my most important values. Sometimes that causes stress, but I have learned not compromising on the important things is worth it. 

5 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

I've learned how to blend in and use the system to my advantage, but I am still authentic. For example, at work, I can follow the dress code and say the right things, but I will not compromise on my most important values. Sometimes that causes stress, but I have learned not compromising on the important things is worth it. 

yes spiritual maturity is the art of knowing when to bite your lip, which in the popular vernacular is stfu

thanks for posting

17 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Stage yellow would be much more understanding of where they are at in their development. Yellow would try to meet them on their level in communication. This stage would understand how all of these stages are needed and how individuals go through them. Much more understanding and accepting of their level of devlopment. Stage yellow would be much more prepared to fend for oneself against attacks of lower stages using their integration of lower levels of devlopment. Stage yellow would be more capable of sensing ones level of devlopment and interacting with it. Stage yellow would not allow themselves to be a door matt from abuse. Stage yellow would likely start to become more a lone wolf, creating more of an exclusive personal environment. 

Stage green would want to include all and help all generally. Sometimes though stuck into a specific cause. Stage green would be frustrated that others are not living up to their ideals and standards. Stage green would likely be more emotionally reactive towards the situations and people. Stage green would lack more of the nuance understanding that it is okay for people to be who they are. They would not be able accept that others need the right conditions, time, and environment to grow. Stage green would be much more subject to abuse from the lower stages. Something like a stage green being tricked or seduced by stage red would be much more common. Stage green would be more resentful of the other stages for not sharing those ideas and values that they hold.  

This is well said and aligns with my experience and understanding of it. But of course, Stage Yellow people are still humans and get triggered, annoyed and have blinds spots like everyone else. Especially if one is "cognitively" at Yellow but not integrated in other aspects like morality, interpersonal skills, spirituality, etc. 

Another factor that SD does not encapsulate is level of consciousness as it relates to nonduality. Someone can be Stage Blue and also the most loving, peaceful, accepting person you'll ever meet (far more than the average Yellow person) if they've done a lot of mediation work and are embodying a certain level of consciousness. 

38 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

This is well said and aligns with my experience and understanding of it. But of course, Stage Yellow people are still humans and get triggered, annoyed and have blinds spots like everyone else. Especially if one is "cognitively" at Yellow but not integrated in other aspects like morality, interpersonal skills, spirituality, etc. 

Another factor that SD does not encapsulate is level of consciousness as it relates to nonduality. Someone can be Stage Blue and also the most loving, peaceful, accepting person you'll ever meet (far more than the average Yellow person) if they've done a lot of mediation work and are embodying a certain level of consciousness. 

I can relate to this. I'm at stage Yellow cognitively, but not at all areas of my life. I am indeed not enlightened--no one will confuse me with the Dalai Lama or Eckhart Tolle. I get triggered by the lower levels sometimes. I recently realized that one of my main triggers is that people do things that are counter to what they want or their survival--which is very Yellow. Yellow is, in a way, Stage Beige round 2, so I'm very interested in survival. However, most stages are not, and I'm learning not to let that get to me. Not everyone has survival as a main priority, and that's okay.

5 hours ago, gettoefl said:

yes spiritual maturity is the art of knowing when to bite your lip, which in the popular vernacular is stfu

thanks for posting

I wouldn't call “STFU” spiritual maturity. ? That's not what spiral dynamics is at all. Spiral dynamics is about vMemes, which is somewhat like a general worldview. Being at Stage Yellow means I think systematically in most aspects of my life and take into account the interconnection  of all things.

I wouldn't call myself spiritually mature. That is not something the original spiral dynamics covers. Maybe you are thinking of Wilber’s take on spiral dynamics. 

Thank you for your comment. 

Edited by Nobody_Here
Grammar