PepperBlossoms

Break free from Attachment to Knowledge/Learning

11 posts in this topic

I have an obsession with knowledge/learning.  How does one let go and break free of this?

How does one just accept that they will never know everything and there isn't anything to "know" as nothing can be absolutely verified?

I guess one just stops learning.

But then what else is there to do all day?  Just exist?  What about the thoughts in the head that keep on going all day?  I have high ideaphoria so they don't stop.

There is so much to read, so many videos to watch, so many people to discuss with - but not enough time - time is the worst enemy.  There's like 100 things to read and watch and more keep on getting added.  It is futile and we will die without the info anyway but yet it will continue through the others who are still alive - but even then all life could die anyway - so why?

It is like the dangled carrot of - oh here is another golden nugget (of epiphany/info/new experience) - come and get it.

@Zion yeah lol true - like I am asking for more info on how to not go get more info... good point.

I guess this goes along with just letting go of attachment, desires, outcomes, results, obsessions.. all of that - and work on just being okay with everything.

I've been stopping myself everytime I compulsively open Google and go "How to..."

Reading too much may imply that you do not trust yourself.

Edited by hyruga

real simple, time management

8 hrs sleep 8 hrs in 8 hrs out

in is you teach you

Realize that is nothing to know. Go into "i know", and it will make sense and the mind will stop to search so much out there. 

Singer

14™