Animo

Is there any kind of holistic collection of all online opportunities?

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm trying to get my bearings straight, because since the start of this year I was working on starting a Shopify business, but I only did that because that was the first thing I got introduced to in the world of entrepreneurship. I just rolled with it. Now that didn't work out so I'm looking to zoom out all the way, and see every online money-making path that is available, before I make the decision to jump into another project.

Do you guys know of any resource that just basically has every one of these opportunities in a list? Of course, I'll do my research beyond that as well, because it seems no list is every truly complete. But it would be nice to have a place to start.

Don't be lazy. Develop your own lists. No one is going to hand you a list of money-making opportunities.

You might as well ask us to just line your pockets with money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Such a thing couldn't possibly exist, because they would no longer bring any results. Creativity is what brings you results, not using ideas everyone has easy access to. 

15 hours ago, Vision said:

Such a thing couldn't possibly exist, because they would no longer bring any results. Creativity is what brings you results, not using ideas everyone has easy access to. 

Well, from what I've seen, creativity happens as a result of many dots interconnecting, from creations of those before you. I'm not sure you can decipher a creative idea out of thin air. So that's what I was aiming for with this. Collecting dots.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be lazy. Develop your own lists. No one is going to hand you a list of money-making opportunities.

You might as well ask us to just line your pockets with money.

It was already a big courage challenge for me to even dare to ask such a question, since I knew this response would come from someone :D

I do agree with you, about making your own list, as I said in the post. I just don't see it as lazy to check out lists that other people have potentially created and filling in as many blindspots as possible. I think it would be foolish of me to not try to seek out information goldmines like that.

(I do also recognize it may have come off as arrogant/entitled to just ask for all the possibilities to be handed to me. I was more like aiming for clues.)

Edited by Animo

2 hours ago, Animo said:

Well, from what I've seen, creativity happens as a result of many dots interconnecting, from creations of those before you. I'm not sure you can decipher a creative idea out of thin air. So that's what I was aiming for with this. Collecting dots.

Of course. My point is that if everyone had easy access to something like this, the opportunities on that list would lose its creative value as there would be multiple people coming up with the same ideas. 

5 hours ago, Animo said:

It was already a big courage challenge for me to even dare to ask such a question, since I knew this response would come from someone :D

Good job then!

Hang in there and good luck.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

4 hours ago, Vision said:

Of course. My point is that if everyone had easy access to something like this, the opportunities on that list would lose its creative value as there would be multiple people coming up with the same ideas. 

Oh, good point, I suppose. You know, in a way it is comforting if it doesn't exist :D That's an advantage for those who realize they should first look at everything holistically rather than rolling with what "feels right", which seems like a mistake so many people make, including me.

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Good job then!

Hang in there and good luck.

Appreciate it.

You're coming at it from the wrong direction.

Your first question should not be: what business model seems easy to make money with.

It should be: what group of people am I interested in helping?

Then: what do they need? What is a painful problem or a powerful desire I can help them with?

Then, if the solution is a physical product, you would use shopify to sell it. If the solution is advice or training, you create an information product and sell that. Or write a book about it. Or provide coaching sessions. Or if you can solve the problem with software, you create that for them and sell that. Et cetera. It doesn't even have to be online, that's not determined until you know who you are helping and what they need.

It pays to think further than your own desire to make money somehow.

Money you made is a representation of how many people you've helped, and how important it was to them.

People who just look for any way to make money, never get far. Because they are only looking to help themselves and no one else, they fail to do deep research and do hard work to provide real value, and they fail to create something that others would want to pay for.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 8/18/2021 at 6:51 PM, flowboy said:

You're coming at it from the wrong direction.

Your first question should not be: what business model seems easy to make money with.

It should be: what group of people am I interested in helping?

Then: what do they need? What is a painful problem or a powerful desire I can help them with?

Then, if the solution is a physical product, you would use shopify to sell it. If the solution is advice or training, you create an information product and sell that. Or write a book about it. Or provide coaching sessions. Or if you can solve the problem with software, you create that for them and sell that. Et cetera. It doesn't even have to be online, that's not determined until you know who you are helping and what they need.

It pays to think further than your own desire to make money somehow.

Money you made is a representation of how many people you've helped, and how important it was to them.

People who just look for any way to make money, never get far. Because they are only looking to help themselves and no one else, they fail to do deep research and do hard work to provide real value, and they fail to create something that others would want to pay for.

I agree with you. It does seem to be the case that providing real value is the only way to get far (though I'll need to verify it myself in order to really know). So I know that money by itself isn't the fundamental thing to aim at. But I disagree with you about going at it from the wrong direction. Right now I feel like my view of what's possible with entrepreneurship is too narrow, so if I tried to figure out how to help a specific group of people in some specific way, I might miss a lot of creative possibilities because I haven't seen enough examples of how others before me have helped people.

I think the questions you propse to ask are definitely a good way to go, but only after I got a bigger picture of what's really possible.

On 8/19/2021 at 2:43 AM, Jacob Morres said:

https://www.amazon.com/100-Side-Hustles-Unexpected-Quitting-ebook/dp/B07H752CPH

using other's business ideas can spark creativity

my biggest recommendation is to network with entrepreneurs. find quality masterminds, entrepreneurs and quality entrepreneurship groups. even if it's just a few people that can be very powerful 

That seems interesting, thank you. I'll read it.

33 minutes ago, Animo said:

I might miss a lot of creative possibilities because I haven't seen enough examples of how others before me have helped people.

Okay, sure but then why are you limiting yourself to online?

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

36 minutes ago, flowboy said:

Okay, sure but then why are you limiting yourself to online?

Well, I wish to be location independent and online businesses seem to be the most scalable as well. But you're right, I don't know if something offline might possibly fit me even better. I can't imagine it would, but I'll remember that on my search I should also scan how people might be succeeding offline.

@Animo  Apologies for judging too quickly then.

You can find a wealth of different success stories on thefastlaneforum.com

10 hours ago, flowboy said:

@Animo  Apologies for judging too quickly then.

You can find a wealth of different success stories on thefastlaneforum.com

No worries.

Awesome, I'll check it out :)