Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

How am I to navigate with all this partial knowledge?

7 posts in this topic

I am learning the more I learn just how wrong I am most of the time, or when I am right it is only in a matter of degree or triviality.

For example, recently I thought esoteric referred to inner knowledge, as apposed to teaching taught to the masses.

But, upon looking closer at definitions I realized the esoteric is simply knowledge or information only share to a small group. It says nothing about it being inner work. The word esoteric can even be used in non-religion or spiritual ways as well. Some of the uses of esoteric seem to be used even more loosely seeming to point to something unknown to a person. So a subject could be esoteric to me as a laymen. 

Why did I think Esoteric meant inner spiritual work? See, I realize how much stuff I make up in my own mind and it gets me into trouble. I sense I have many years ahead of me and lots of work to do to get more grounded in truth.

However, I found on wikipedia referring to western esoteriscim as a 'hidden inner tradition".... So I am not completely wrong about Esoteric meaning inner work. 

Also came across this definition:

"Esotericism refers to a number of traditions, philosophies and practices, that focus inwards on the human beliefs, spirituality and wellbeing. It’s a very philosophical idea that gets us to ask the bigger questions around our own purpose and effect on this planet, from a spiritual perspective." https://theselfcareemporium.com/blog/what-are-esoteric-practices

This is what i meant to me as well. So, there doesn't seem to be one definition. Not sure why this god me so rattled. Needa check myself!

So, I am thinking the best way to approach my ignorance, proneness to error and mistakes with a loving open heart, and laugh at my ignorance and be grateful for whatever insights lead be closer to truth. I just hate the thought of sharing misinformation in my work. Also relax, there are many interpretations of the same things.

I am also learning the applause means nothing with regards to whether I am making the world a better place or not. Because, look how easily fools applaud inaccurate information that serves their ego? 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I am learning the more I learn just how wrong I am most of the time, or when I am right it is only in a matter of degree or triviality.

For example, recently I thought esoteric referred to inner knowledge, as apposed to teaching taught to the masses.

But, upon looking closer at definitions I realized the esoteric is simply knowledge or information only share to a small group. It says nothing about it being inner work. The word esoteric can even be used in non-religion or spiritual ways as well. Some of the uses of esoteric seem to be used even more loosely seeming to point to something unknown to a person. So a subject could be esoteric to me as a laymen. 

Why did I think Esoteric meant inner spiritual work? See, I realize how much stuff I make up in my own mind and it gets me into trouble. I sense I have many years ahead of me and lots of work to do to get more grounded in truth.

However, I found on wikipedia referring to western esoteriscim as a 'hidden inner tradition".... So I am not completely wrong about Esoteric meaning inner work. 

Also came across this definition:

"Esotericism refers to a number of traditions, philosophies and practices, that focus inwards on the human beliefs, spirituality and wellbeing. It’s a very philosophical idea that gets us to ask the bigger questions around our own purpose and effect on this planet, from a spiritual perspective." https://theselfcareemporium.com/blog/what-are-esoteric-practices

This is what i meant to me as well. So, there doesn't seem to be one definition. Not sure why this god me so rattled. Needa check myself!

So, I am thinking the best way to approach my ignorance, proneness to error and mistakes with a loving open heart, and laugh at my ignorance and be grateful for whatever insights lead be closer to truth. I just hate the thought of sharing misinformation in my work. Also relax, there are many interpretations of the same things.

I am also learning the applause means nothing with regards to whether I am making the world a better place or not. Because, look how easily fools applaud inaccurate information that serves their ego? 

Sending some love to you as you seem a bit stressed reading your other forum starts as well :D ^_^xD

1 hour ago, Esilda said:

Sending some love to you as you seem a bit stressed reading your other forum starts as well :D ^_^xD

Thanks. But, my stress isn't the point ahah the world is just so complex. I had someone react negatively toward my use of the word today, someone I wanted to come to my classes. I think that is it, it's connected to people pleasing and a fear I have of being wrong, or looking foolish. Will contemplate! 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Man, I wish I knew.

but I like to take up the challenge of navigating life (creating life) with joy, although it gets stressful sometimes. 

keep doin your best, you won’t regret it!

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Understanding has infinite depth.

Welcome to Absolute Infinity, where every tiny thing you pick up is an infinity unto itself ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been there.

I'm wrong all the fucking time. It's ridiculous lmao. 

And then we have ppl so confident in their ignorance. Dunning Krueger to the max 

Maybe ur just at the dip at dunning Kruger