Vision

SIBO Protocol - What to follow for combined hydrogen/methane?

53 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, Ora said:

mainly normal, just less vegetables. especially things that made me gassy like celery or garlic. tbh i wasnt very strict with myself and ate lots of ice cream and sugars haha. but then again in that book it also says its not necessary to eat low fodmap since he seems to find treatment still works with a normal diet. only if your getting bloated and gassy discomfort probably avoid whatever causes it

@Ora Does this mean that going on a SIBO diet is solely for symptom management? I thought that it was necessary to starve the overgrown bacteria?

@Vision It could cure it. It depends on so many factors. You have to experiment to see what will work for you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Vision It could cure it. It depends on so many factors. You have to experiment to see what will work for you.

@Leo Gura How do you stick to your low-carb diet? I'll stay with it for weeks at a time and then slip back to eating bananas, dates, and brown rice, it's always those three foods that I end up coming back to.

They're probably ego backlashes. After a few weeks of eating those foods I go back to a keto diet and I feel better, until I give into strong cravings for them again. They're not necessarily unhealthy foods either, it's just that I feel worse after eating them and SIBO feeds on those foods. 

I've been in this cycle for 6 months. Even with strategies I've learned to counteract cravings such as consequential thinking and imagining that someone pissed and shat over the food I'm craving, it's as if all of that flies out the window when my reptilian brain - or the overgrown bacteria - takes over. 

6 hours ago, Vision said:

How do you stick to your low-carb diet? I'll stay with it for weeks at a time and then slip back to eating bananas, dates, and brown rice, it's always those three foods that I end up coming back to.

Nearly 2 years of massive suffering has made it pretty easy to stick rigorously to only the foods I can digest.

I have recently reintroduced plain white rice and it's working well for me.

Bananas and dates are a big no-no.

If you don't stick to your diet rigorously you may never cure your SIBO. That should be motivation enough.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I recommend getting this multivitamin so you don’t fall short of your essential micronutrients:

https://go.caltonnutrition.com/spnutreince-v1?_ga=2.197068716.1044487168.1634657033-1533922794.1634657033

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Leo Gura

Do you experience cravings for food that SIBO feeds on?

On 10/20/2021 at 2:04 AM, Leo Gura said:

I have recently reintroduced plain white rice and it's working well for me.

Why specifically plain white rice? Why not brown rice or quinoa? Is it because simple carbs are easier to digest than complex carbs? 

If you don't stick to your diet rigorously you may never cure your SIBO. That should be motivation enough.

It's just so hard for me to stick to only eating from a selection from (literally) 4 bland foods consistently. I can do it for 3-6 weeks until my reptilian brain just says "F*** it" and eats a banana from the stack of bananas on the kitchen table that I see every day.

I think it's better off if I do another fast. Counterintuitively, water fasting makes it so much easier for me to avoid food. I think the act of chewing itself, regardless of what I'm eating, makes me want to eat more. 

I recommend getting this multivitamin so you don’t fall short of your essential micronutrients:

https://go.caltonnutrition.com/spnutreince-v1?_ga=2.197068716.1044487168.1634657033-1533922794.1634657033

@How to be wise It costs $41 to ship to my country, but thank you for sharing. Any other resources? 

Edited by Vision
Replying to How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

This company is a joke, sorry. They are manipulating research to sell overpriced junk

@Vision dude you're better of investing that money into fixing your digestion so that you can eat everything again. Leave this sort of rubbish out of the therapeutic process. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Is there anything they said that’s wrong? I’d love to know.

11 hours ago, How to be wise said:
On 10/21/2021 at 6:06 AM, Vision said:

It (the company) costs $41 to ship to my country

Besides, I'm only really wanting to spend money on things that will help heal SIBO until I defeat this thing. 

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

dude you're better of investing that money into fixing your digestion so that you can eat everything again. Leave this sort of rubbish out of the therapeutic process. 

Yeah, agreed.

12 hours ago, How to be wise said:

s there anything they said that’s wrong? I’d love to know.

The protein powder in the section where they compare with plant proteins everything they write about plant proteins is completely misleading and false. They purposely misinterpret research to make it seem like their whey product is better yet they make no reference of potential adverse effects of dairy proteins in the long term such as summarised in this meta-analysis https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32702243/ 

• They claim phytoestrogens can cause oestrogen driven cancer - that is wrong and misleading. 
  • They claim phytoestrogens can cause gynaecomastia - this is also nonsense. If anything they protect from that 
  • And they claim soy is goitrogenic which has never been proven outside in-vitro not even in the population who consume huge amounts of soy. 

Whey is a dangerous substance to be tinkering with and people are better of taking pea or hemp protein.

Then in the second link they ramble on about deadly effects of Omega 6 and vegetable oils. I used to think this for a long time but it is not true. There is no human data that would show seed oils are harmful in moderate amounts and all this nonsense that saturated fats are better and that PUFAs are prone to oxidation cascade is based on mechanistic reasoning that is not seen on the human studies. Once people replace saturated fats with PUFAs their health improves. 

I am even beginning to question the Omega 6: Omega 3 ratio thingy. Linolenic Acid is not as deadly as we once thought. 

"hile extra virgin olive oil provides a lovely flavor, it simply cannot maintain its integrity under high heat, which is why health conscious chefs and home cooks alike reserve this Mediterranean delight for dressings and drizzles over the final dish." - not true, the ridiculous abundance of polyphenols protects olive oil from peroxidatiove cascade. They are making stuff up because they know their products cannot stand to olive oil in terms of quality and sustainability 

The other claims about MCT may be true, I don't dispute potential benefits of it but they ar enot as overwhelming as they make you think. There are 1 or 2 studies that show people taking MCT lose more eight than those on olive oil but we don't have enough research to just jump into the MCT pool straight away. 

And finally, it costs 30$  + shipping a bottle are you kidding me? I can get the highest purity olive oil for 15$ per liter. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 8/16/2021 at 4:27 AM, Vzdoh said:

Will report back if helps. 

@Vzdoh

So... has it helped?