Beyond Words

My Physics, Chemistry And Biology Teachers Dismiss Research On Consciousness That Relates To Science

26 posts in this topic

A human being is part of the whole, called by us “universe,” limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons close to us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from our prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all humanity and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Albert Einstein

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is an important issue that I will address in a video.

For now, suffice it to say that your teachers have not experienced higher state of consciousness, and so are stuck in a naive realist paradigm.

It's not important to justify consciousness in terms of quantum mechanics, so don't get hung up on that. But if you actually look into quantum mechanics you will clearly see that the ramifications of it basically say: there is no such thing as physical reality.

Many people who know about quantum mechanics don't realize that throws naive realism under the bus. This isn't appreciated nearly enough by modern society. We still collectively believe in a physical, external reality, which has long ago been shown not to exist. And altered states of consciousness can convince you of this.

The trap to avoid here is trying to justify or predicate consciousness upon quantum mechanical explanations. As if quantum mechanics is somehow a threat to consciousness, like evolution is a threat to creationism. That's not the case here because consciousness is not a model or a belief system.

Sure there is no need to justify consciousness in terms of quantum mechanics; however, from my research I've found that most people who try to explain quantum mechanics in terms of consciousness are dismissed because people assume they are misinterpreting the findings since they are not theoretical physicists.

I'm just wondering if it would be somehow helpful for the advancement of collective consciousness to master both consciousness work and a scientific field such as Physics. Maybe people would become more open to the path of enlightenment. It's kind of sad to see people trapped in their perception of the world through the lens of Physics or Biology etc if it is fundamentally limited in its ability to fully explain the universe.

1 hour ago, Beyond Words said:

I'm just wondering if it would be somehow helpful for the advancement of collective consciousness to master both consciousness work and a scientific field such as Physics. Maybe people would become more open to the path of enlightenment.

You can master physics if you want, but it really has nothing to do with enlightenment or raising your consciousness.

Studying physics is not what's going to all the sudden convince people of enlightenment. They resist enlightenment and higher consciousness out of ego, dogma, and ignorance. In fact, many genius physicists and neuroscientists are still fundamentally ignorant of consciousness.

The most direct way to enlightenment (short of 5-meo) is simply to sit down and be aware of what is happening right now in your direct experience. No matter how much physics you learn -- you could become Stephen Hawking or Albert Einstein or Richard Feynman -- you will still not be enlightened and you will still not understand what reality really is. Because it's NOT possible via conceptual knowledge. The map is never the territory. This limit is baked into the entire scientific method. You cannot do scientific method to reach enlightenment. It's important to grasp this, otherwise you will waste years or decades in vain.

If you take a 20+ mg dose of 5-meo, you will immediately realize why all conceptual attempts at enlightenment must fail. We're dealing with something MUCH vaster here than mere physics. You have to simultaneously grasp all of existence AT ONCE! This is not possible for the mind or brain to do.

The only way to do it is to stop believing in mind and brain. These are illusions. Existence has no physical substrate. It's way more ingenious than that!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, Beyond Words said:

Sure there is no need to justify consciousness in terms of quantum mechanics; however, from my research I've found that most people who try to explain quantum mechanics in terms of consciousness are dismissed because people assume they are misinterpreting the findings since they are not theoretical physicists.

I'm just wondering if it would be somehow helpful for the advancement of collective consciousness to master both consciousness work and a scientific field such as Physics. Maybe people would become more open to the path of enlightenment. It's kind of sad to see people trapped in their perception of the world through the lens of Physics or Biology etc if it is fundamentally limited in its ability to fully explain the universe.

Yes it would be helpful. In fact, that is what i would like to do. As i become a scientist, i want to continue to become more aware of this new perspective. 

If you want to become a physicist or a neuroscientist, then we should collaborate. I am sure that if we both share our findings, and discuss this issue further, we can gain more. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@hundreth wins

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?