Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geo

Meditation Weirdness - Advice Appreciated

11 posts in this topic

So I posted last week about hallucinating mildly during meditation, which seems to have stopped. Great. But now I am involuntarily, rocking backwards and forwards and side to side. It may not seem like much but it's really disconcerting! It will stop and start of it's own accord, including severity and direction. I can consciously stop it, but as soon as I "let go" it will start again. It's making me really jittery.  I don't get this during a candle meditation.

Is this normal? Should I just go with it, or try and control it? Is this a sign of progression or...? Gah!

Something like this? 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Thanks for the reply and vid. Similar I guess. She was more round and round, whereas mine is backwards and forwards, or side to side if that makes a difference. It feels very involuntary. Like someone else is responsible for the action.

7 hours ago, Geo said:

Is this normal? Should I just go with it, or try and control it?

You'll come across many very strange things in meditation, just go with it.

Just to mention a few things that I came across so far: Intense hallucinations, seeing literally objects appearing and disappearing in front of my eyes, dream states, out of body states, Kundalini-like experiences, no-self/enlightenment experiences, being moved by something that is not in ones own control, hearing strange voices / bumming sounds, getting bored / sleepy ...

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Azrael Holy shit man that sounds freaky and awesome!
May I ask how long has been your meditation practice? Im curious if this stuff's in store for me :o <3 :D
I've been in it for a little over year and the stuff I experience, not especially during meditation, but rather during the day as a part of purification include animal like behaviour, lost control over my body (unless I pump up resistance), urge to vomit.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 I meditate now for 1.5 years. You'll go through most of the strange things at some point in your practice.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

7 hours ago, Geo said:

Thanks for the reply and vid. Similar I guess. She was more round and round, whereas mine is backwards and forwards, or side to side if that makes a difference. It feels very involuntary. Like someone else is responsible for the action.

@Geo Nobody told you about the meditation gremlins yet?:P  Your relaxing your mind and body. The forward head nod usually starts first. If your too tired and try to fight it, it usually gets worse. The Zen lurch it's sometimes called. I almost feel off a stool once. Luckily I became conscious of my body just as I was going over which caused the muscles to tense up in a flash. That could explain the sensation of being pushed.

@Geo A lot more disconcerting things will happen than rocking.

The advice is always the same: Just shut up and keep meditating ;) Notice how easily phenomena distracts you. Every little thing instantly becomes an excuse to YAP, YAP, YAP, YAP, YAP inside your head and lose track of awareness.

It doesn't matter is Satan himself comes for a visit. It's just a distraction from really being aware.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 hours ago, Geo said:

So I posted last week about hallucinating mildly during meditation, which seems to have stopped. Great. But now I am involuntarily, rocking backwards and forwards and side to side. It may not seem like much but it's really disconcerting! It will stop and start of it's own accord, including severity and direction. I can consciously stop it, but as soon as I "let go" it will start again. It's making me really jittery.  I don't get this during a candle meditation.

Is this normal? Should I just go with it, or try and control it? Is this a sign of progression or...? Gah!

Very normal.  These kinds of things are reported in many meditation traditions.  Let it flow without worrying about in - neither forcing or inhibiting.  It will find its own balance if you let it.    It was not so worrisome to me.  But then I am prone to move rather oddly when just thinking deeply. :)

Edited by Samantha

Thank you. It's very reassuring to know this is all normal. :D

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, Leo Gura said:

It doesn't matter is Satan himself comes for a visit. It's just a distraction from really being

I really hope Satan doesn't make a guest appearance though!O.o