Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
QandC

"Intellectual realizations" on psychedelics

10 posts in this topic

I have been experimenting quite a bit with psychedelics lately and some of the growth it's caused in me is indescribable. Sudden realizations I have that really strikes chords with me and makes me have a positive change in my "sober life" come quite often. These are also along with a meditation and kundalini yoga practice, as well as shamanic breathing.

I have this idea that insights or realizations cannot be "mental chatter" or "intellectual understanding", and always had the image of true realizations have to be experienced through my body or some level beyond the intellectual. But many of the insights I have had on psychedelics have been precisely that, intellectual. And the crazy thing is that these realizations are sometimes about the nature of reality. I kind of "think" myself in an extremely vivid and conscious way into an understanding of who I am and what everything around me is. It becomes this sort of key that unlocks insights of for example "I am the universe, because there is no separation between me and reality" *CLICK* = feeling of realization and a sort of visualisation of what that is actually like. I do not necessarily "experience" it without the impact of the thought, but the image that I hold kind of becomes my experience. Like I truly feel for a split second what being God and the universe is, along with an image of what I believe that is like/looks like and it feels so real and so obvious as well.

These realizations kind of shakes me at times because when I am in a sober state it feels like my mind has sometimes rememberd these simple understandings and can use the thought as a key to experience it again in a sober state of being. But they still feel like they are a part of my mental chatter and is not the actual being of what a full-blown awakening is like. They kind of scratch the surface at times and then goes back to ego. I have to sometimes forcefully think my way into It but still it feels like it cannot be it since it is just "thinking".

Are the realizations valid or should I dismiss them as mental chatter and look for something deeper? 

Edited by QandC

- Enter your fear and you are free -

Intellect is a function of God, so of course it can be valid and life-changing when properly used.

But also go deeper.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nahm Please elaborate

@QandC

In the sense ego is the illusion of a knower via attachment to subject object & self referential thought, spiritual ego is the same but with God, spirituality, consciousness, etc… all spiritual stuff. I’d say it’s a good & advanced place to be on the path. Maybe you are experiencing the temptation ‘to know’ & ‘be the knower’, to play conceptualizer of ineffable inconceivable truth. Wouldn’t blame ya if so. Nothing is more tempting. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Hmm yeah maybe. But it doesn't feel like I am trying to be some knower or anything. There is no temptation there. It is more that the thoughts/realizations are not coming from me. I am not the one producing them. It is larger than the self and they come through the mind in a filtered way that both my ego can understand and that my "higher self" understands. Beware that I am only talking about my experience through psychedelics and do not claim to know anything superior. The realizations also help me at times. 

Edited by QandC

It’s not about the reality of the views per se. It’s about having so many radical realizations and subsequent views, that you see the underlying empty-full nature of experience. This, coupled with an awakening to the timeless absolute, can lead to recognizing that your perception of reality is completely interdependent with the way of looking; it’s utterly empty on every level.

Intellectual and logical inquiry is why I believe in this entire religious worldview. If it was just a feeling like a hallucination of an elf on a drug trip told me the Earth is inside a giant whale, I'd not believe that.

I wonder if when people are purified on 5-MeO-DMT they experience the very first moments of their finite mind before anything else developed. Maybe it feels so familiar for that reason. I'm not sure if the thinker experiences actual loss of mind for a brief moment or if it's Atman (finite mind) made of and sustained by what WE call "brains".

4 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Intellectual and logical inquiry is why I believe in this entire religious worldview. If it was just a feeling like a hallucination of an elf on a drug trip told me the Earth is inside a giant whale, I'd not believe that.

I wonder if when people are purified on 5-MeO-DMT they experience the very first moments of their finite mind before anything else developed. Maybe it feels so familiar for that reason. I'm not sure if the thinker experiences actual loss of mind for a brief moment or if it's Atman (finite mind) made of and sustained by what WE call "brains".

It's like forgetting your whole life and then you automatically without intention create the entire universe, including 5-MeO-DMT itself, and the universe begins anew. With you exactly where you, God, most long to be. You have infinite power to create your own reality, and you're always doing it, but you might be a bit more comfortable just staying in the illusion that you created, rather than breaking out of it. Ultimately there is no illusion though, this is just it.