Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

I entered a mixed Jhana, & I don’t feel human anymore. It’s lasted 48 hours

8 posts in this topic

I was doing some powerful Jhana work starting from the fifth to the seventh jhanas. After going into deeper and deeper absorption into these states, I would fight my way out with vipassana and focus on the three characteristics. The vipassana gave me a way to crush the pleasantness of the temporary experience and uncover it to where all three doors could be understood simultaneously. After the last switch into nothingness/7th Jhana, this aspect became fused with 5th and 6th Jhana elements continuously present. 

I stopped being able to breathe. I became the room which was a finite sensation of being in an enclosed space with direct access to the boundless aspect of space in sensation. I realized that the distinctions between space and being contained in a finite experience were based on the same exact sensate illusion. I eventually found out how to breathe in this new mixed Jhana with only formless aspects of forms remaining. I had to breathe through my bones. The non space sensation within my body after full exhalation was more profound and subtle than the nothingness in 7th Jhana previously. Many other strange and unspeakable experiences such as air turning to sand occurred, but they are too many to number or categorize. Every instant has within it infinite subtlety. 

I feel like this is never going to end. I'm constantly fluxing between jhanas as I've acquired a sort of automatic no-mind which contemplates the three characteristics even in intense absorbed and blissful states. Now petting a dog feels like a specific Jhana. Is the special desirable aspect of petting a soft dog on its face any different from the desirable formless aspects of typical jhanic sensations? In this way, you are not just changing nothingness and space but also all other sensate dimensions which could be investigated. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

First, super interesting report. Thank you for sharing.

13 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Is the special desirable aspect of petting a soft dog on its face any different from the desirable formless aspects of typical jhanic sensations? In this way, you are not just changing nothingness and space but also all other sensate dimensions which could be investigated. 

I would say yes. Meditation ultimately starts "changing" the way sensations appear across different phenomenological "dimensions." This would be due to a mind that's cultivated powerful levels of mindfulness (concentration + sensory clarity + equanimity) which is a trainable, achievable skill revealing an underlying equilibrium across all perceptions and states of consciousness. 

A follow up question would be, if this never ended would that be an issue? 

1 minute ago, Consilience said:

First, super interesting report. Thank you for sharing.

I would say yes. Meditation ultimately starts "changing" the way sensations appear across different phenomenological "dimensions." This would be due to a mind that's cultivated powerful levels of mindfulness (concentration + sensory clarity + equanimity) which is a trainable, achievable skill revealing an underlying equilibrium across all perceptions and states of consciousness. 

A follow up question would be, if this never ended would that be an issue? 

Thanks for the reply. This would not be an issue as what you described as that trained state is the enlightenment state in part. You become nothing and everything which is capable of producing any experience. You realize that the creativity and imagination of childhood were just as insight filled and enlightened illusions as any other temporary experience. The truth and illusion in sensation is a structural, ever present thing. This is enlightenment. The craziest hell realms of suffering would be more pleasant for “me” now than being on the playground as a child being only enlightenment but having no knowledge of your own true nature as the process of all things coming into being and falling away simultaneously. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

@BipolarGrowth Very good. That's some fine work.

Realize Infinite Love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Dude, you're on some other level than everyone.

Hope I can achieve your state and maturity some day 

Glad I'm subscribed to you.

No compliments will ever be enough.

I cry watching your videos.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@BipolarGrowth Very good. That's some fine work.

Realize Infinite Love.

I’ve worked on infinite love quite a lot. At the end of the day, infinite love has no limits and therefore can’t really ever be defined imo. I’ve been focusing on dukkha particularly tonight. It’s been far more lucrative than working with bliss states/kundalini as I used to do to recognize love. When I was in some crazy LSD dose God Consciousness experience for example, I was able to be present and concentrated on what was occurring because it was desirable. Any sort of bliss works this way. I’d say infinite love is becoming insight so crystallized that the whole game of self and identity drop away such that no resistance can occur to the true nature of anything that could ever be. The bliss and obvious forms of love serve as a good ground for people to have understood before going on to the more radical and accepting forms like intentionally cultivating dukkha in awareness as an object for insight practice. Sitting with dukkha as an ever-present aspect of experience gives a strong sense of finding lost love. In the end, nothing loves life and transient selves more than suffering. If you can love that aspect of reality’s brutal nature, I’d say infinite love is easier to honestly investigate. 

19 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Dude, you're on some other level than everyone.

Hope I can achieve your state and maturity some day 

Glad I'm subscribed to you.

No compliments will ever be enough.

I cry watching your videos.

The same imagination which creates me is the same that creates you. You can do your own version of any of this with the right steps taken. 

I do genuinely appreciate the support though ?

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Very cool, this reminds me of something I once heard Adyashanti say, that even when he's just walking, every step he takes, feels like a totally new enlightenment unto itself.