Wendelin

The World Around Me Is Changing

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am 36 years old from Germany and interested in "spiritual topics" for more than a decade now. But within the last couple of months the momentum seems to pick up and I would like to share the experiences. I just stumbled upon Leos interesting videos and that is the reason I joined this forum. Maybe someone is experiencing the same or similar things.

For some years I was content to watch YouTube Videos of masters like Mooji, Eckard Tolle or Sadhguru (which I liked best). I watched them quite often and felt good about listening. In a way something within me seemed to say "Yes" to their views. Besides that I was reading books and doing online courses like Inner Engineering.

regarding Meditation I am really lazy and not so motivated also I try to do my short Kriya Meditation every day (sitting with eyes closed and thinking "I am not the Body, I am not the Mind with inhalation respectively Exhalation for several minutes). I think there must be a more efficient way as to sit through endless hours of meditation. At least for me.

As I was on a business trip (I am a stock market expert) I was walking through the streets and contemplating about what I just read in Sadhgurus book "A yogis guide to joy". I am responsible (response-able) for everything that is. I looked on the streets on the People, the whole scenery and there was the thougth "that is all here just for me to respond" Suddenly I started Feeling my arms vibrating with energy and also it was really cold outside my arms were getting really warm if not hot while vibrating. It felt as if my body is reverberating with that idea but as I did not want to go further at this moment, so I disctracted myself.

Since a few weeks I also try intensely not to identify with the personal me/ego any longer and just leave that space open and don`t identify with anything. Then the idea "I am nothingness and nothingness is life and life is all there is"  swirled in my head. 

This triggered a prickling Feeling starting in my head and shivering down my spine combined with some goosebumps. The funny Thing is: This takes place all the time, several times every Minute. I don`t need to think about something special, just to be aware of the idea of just being life/nothingness is enough. Sometimes my whole body shivers, it feels like I am filled with sparkling water. Another thing is: Tears come very easily (which was really not the case before).

Of course when I slip in some kind of compulsiveness this vanishes but as soon as I recall it, it starts again and does not stop.

what also happened is that I feel more connected to all other things, animals and others. The way I looked at them changed. For example I talk to people which I won`t have started a conversation before. Its almost as if I can feel with them. Its also interesting that unknown people approach me and ask me something even if it is just something very trivial.

It seems that I don`t automatically judge people any more and that I see that everybody does just what he or she is able to. They are the same life and you cannot blame anyone including yourself for anything at all.

On another occasion I was at my parents home and just felt that it is just great to be there and enjoying it looking at everything very thankfully. (it felt so intensely which was never the case before)  

also I had almost no bad feelings since a few weeks, feel less stress (even I have so much to do that I don`t know how to handle it) I am also less tired and not Holding onto any Kind of beliefs (when Aware)

I am noticing sublte changes. It seems like others view me also changed when I am in "conscious mode" = shivering mode.

it seems as if I have 2 different states of being now. A more conscious one and the "normal" state I was used to. That state is mostly when it comes to my personal Likes and Dont-Likes. (for example Food)

Maybe I am just hallucinating and the ongoing shivers are a result of that. ;-)

that are a few things that I can report. I don`t want to label it as I am just in a "watching mode" and looking what is unfolding. Even as I write this, countless shivers occured as they did the whole day. 

best regards, Wendelin

I never took any substances (besides alkohol) but what surprises and excites me about these reports like 5meo DMT is that the body itself seems to be able to produce these substances that can trigger these experiences of being infinite etc.. Like a built-in reward/incentive for synchronising oneself with existence. But that would certainly contradict the scientific evolution theory since that is nothing that supports survival in any way. So why is it already there if up to now only a few finally get there...? My answer: There must be an enormous intelligence present which can only be god.

Thank you for sharing your story. It's really exciting to read and think "yes YES me too, this is so COOL!!!".

I have recently noticed a change too in my own life - a specific one. In Finnish language we have this word "myötähäpeä" which means feeling embarrassment for someone else, like if you see someone do something embarrassing and cringe-worthy on TV or in real life, you get this feeling of *aargh facepalm horrible*. I just realized that I don't get that feeling anymore. In fact, I cannot remember the last time I did. I can't remember what sort of things made me feel that way in the past. I noticed this change, because I have observed other people cringe at stuff and wondered, like "I don't understand what's so bad about that." I just don't get it anymore.

It's a small thing, and still it's quite liberating. :)

@Wendelin Thank you for sharing your story. After the initial seeing there is a pendulum between the personal and the non-personal. When in the personal state there might be a wish to get back to this non-personal state, try not to cling onto that story.

Thanks a lot for your Posts. I am just back from the dentist and unfortunately I was not in universal mode there ;-) but no Problem.

for me IDENTIFICATION is the key that opens the door. I cannot control my mind and my emotions when I am identified with something, be it my Ego, be it me as a man, be it my Family, etc. thoughts and emotions are like a swarm of flies, bees and butterflies buzzing around this identification (in order to protect the boundaries of what I identify with). You know not which one will sit on your head.

But when I see myself als "Everything that is", how could anything swirl around it? There is simply no space left. Thoughts have to occur within that identification with everything then. Furthermore you know you don`t have to protect that Identification as there is nothing else that could threaten it or compete. You are free to look at thoughts and emotions from a different perspective, you simply choose them more consciously. That is at least how it feels to me.

Of course there is this human possibility and perspective and through this piece of life all that is is "fellow life" or same life just as you like. And these pieces of life are evolving, moving from one dimension to another. So life and death is an Illusion as there is only life and life. So you can be curious about what lies beyond, once you shed that body.

so my conclusion is that you only exist as life and that is same as everything. And everything is the same as no-thingness (as long as you don`t see no-thingness and somethingness as seperate). You can call that also god, infinity etc. etc. or simply energy since Einstein said E= m*c2 

Hi Wendelin, another german  checking in ;)

Thanks for sharing your insights, I had boosts of awareness like this before (this week, actually), but they only last for half a day usually. The good thing is, i never go back to where i was before, even with the intense increase in perception beeing gone again. 

Just like you, this usually happens in public, and I start  to see  things differently, everything becomes more interesting, especially people and animals. 

I can also relate to your feelings of shivering and vibrating. It happens by itself when Iam very aware, or  voluntarily, for example during  Meditation. It just feels good and helpes me get out of  my head. I Like to think its just you becoming aware of your nervous system, but who knows.

Edited by Franz

Hey @Wendelin thanks for sharing. I have been feeling this too recently and its funny as my favourite teachers are also tolle, mooji and sadhguru. So i get two states which feel literally like im 2 different people, one is completely flowing with life but also excited about everything, i get thoughts but do not feel attached to any of them, almost like ive taken a step back from them and can see them from a distance. 

The other is basically being tied up in my thoughts which usually revolve around trying to get back to the first state and have a feeling of anxiety and uneasiness. I usually try and give myself advice on how to relax but whatever i come up with never seems to work, im aware that even thinking about it causes it to persist but its like i cant stop. Any advice? 

Hey this is my first post,

I am also german and Wendelin what you describe is exactly happenig to me:

"This triggered a prickling Feeling starting in my head and shivering down my spine combined with some goosebumps"

I have this always after one great meditation session, maybe 3-10 times during the day for several weeks  whenever I come to the present or think about some enlightment stuff. I had no enlightment-experience. I just had tears in my eyes in this one great meditation session and I even dont know why.  It just started to happen. Does anybody know what this means?  Now I rarely have these prickling Feeling, but I am in a stressfull time right now

thanks for your answers and your interesting comments on it. I knew that there must be some People that have the same sensations.

Funny that there seems to be a German Community within this Forum :-)

I will just go on sharing my main insight. (I didn`t read or hear this anywhere, so it is my  "copryright" ;-) 

I consider the No-thingness or Life that I am like a non-physical unique channel of universal consciousness. So it is like a Radio channel (also the comparison is not 100% accurate, but just for sake of explaining) that is unbounded, unlimited and infinite.

Body and mind are like a device which is able to receive this channel (of Life or nothingness) on a unique frequency (which displays your individual perspective). But of course the waves of this channel are everywhere, so when your body moves to another place, of Course your "Awareness-Radio" is still receiving because you (the Life or Nothingness-Channel) are just everywhere. When you travel with a radio device, the sound of your favorite Radio Station does not travel within the device, but the waves are receivable at the new place and even while driving (if they are receivable).

So it is not consciousness slipping in one Body and moving along with it. It is the Body (made of earth) that moves within the infinite field of "radio" waves. Therefore you are aware and can use your individual sense perceptions through body and mind to experience illusions like all kinds of dualities, being a seperate Entity etc. etc. that is not a permanent prank that is played on you, it is the one and only possibility that you evolve.

when you sleep, just the device is taking a break, the "Programme" is still there, but there is no Aware receiving. Before you were born your Programme was also there of course and in fact YOU built your device (body-mind) by yourself and within yourself as you are the channel called Life/God/No-Thingness. And Life wants to evolve and to get to know itself through all possible perspectives.

Life/Nothingness waves are of course everywhere in Existence and flowing through all other life, "solid" material etc.. As you are that, you are connected to everything that is. So every individual plant, every animal, every other human being but also every "dead" material like a rock has it`s own frequency to receive the "Channel of Life/Nothingness/Everything/God/Energy (you Name it) And the physical is just a Play of 5 Elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space) "the cosmic Dance". Within all life forms, you are also present. So you are also responsible (Response-able) for them which is very much in line with Existense. 

as human beings we are able to "finetune" our device in a way that our awareness rises to the exact frequency of the Life-Channel and this is what enlightenment means. It is the highest possibility on earth. There are also short term peaks possible for example with Psychedellics (5Meo dmt). But be careful, it is a physical Body and damages of the System are possible.

Most human beings are content with less than 1% of their potential of awareness. But the longing to be boundless, infinite is within everyone. That is why human beings are never happy with what they have or have reached. They want to mirror their own nature which is unlimited. But they simply don`t know how. They are even not Aware what is driving them.

when your Body dies, your awareness has no device. So it naturally merges with the universal consciousness, but your being continues to exist of course. Near Death Experiences are the stages in between. your awareness Releases the Body and moves towards the universal consciousness, but as Long as there is the potential that your device will function again, you are in the Twilight Zone so to speak. And of Course there are other beings around. and the cool Thing is that you don`t have to communicate, you can just "download" what you like to know. (in fact really enlightened beings can do this while on earth). So if you like to know it is to be Lionel Messi, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, an alien or Darth Vader. No Problem just zoom in and download it.

What will you create after being human, thats another big and exiting question. If you haven`t got out of your life what your Intention was, then you probably create another human being. You have to do an extra round, unawareness or compulsions moves in cycles. But if you passed your human-Kindergarten-test and mastered this level, then let`s go to another Galaxy or Universe and create a another device which is even more advanced and superior to human beings. I expect less suffering, but who knows what I will choose when I don`t know my options yet  ;-)))

so your Life is not some boring senseless Nothing as some of you seem to fear. Why should you suffer anything when you know your true nature. Forget about so called Fear and suffering, move at full throttle!

Life is really cool guys!!!! As Sadhguru says. It is not about becoming super-human. It is about realizing being human is super. That is so true!!

universal regards, Wendelin

another Thing I consider important. don`t judge your Ego, thoughts, beliefs you had, fear, Frustration and suffering etc. as something bad. In fact it all served you to bring you to the place of your journey in which you are right now. And there is no other place for you, everybody is just on the right place of his journey. If you didn`t have this longing to go beyond duality, because you were lacking Motivation, then you simply were not playing with Things that don`t work long enough.

It was not a small Thing for you to get this human device (body-mind), you had to evolve it first. Your Body carries a lot of Memory in it from a single cell organism to cave man Memory. Much than in your brain.

I used to listen to Advaita Vedanta masters. These are wonderful awakened People and wonderful examples how you can realize what you are NOT. But for me it seems that as soon as they have the relief of having no seperate self, that they are no seperate Entity, they settle for the happiness and peace that brings. Speaking in the Terms of the metaphor/analogy with the Radio again, they seem to be Content with being no seperate "Radio Station" within the Radio device that was thrown into existence. But what is lacking here is the sense. Why was this Radio created, what was the Intention of the creator, how was it created, and why placed in this exact context of this Family, surroundings etc. etc. the enourmos intelligence that was on employed to create it would not just drop this precious device into something by accident. It is put in a context where it has the best possible conditions to evolve on its Evolution

Of Course you can pop some 5meo dmt and have some Kind of preview of what you really are. You might even have a deep understanding of what you are in These Moments and you might be able so have some takeaway from that. But taking this also means that you are not ripe for the "real thing" yet, as you could simply just sit there and have the same sensations without any external stimulus. And will you REALLY still be really motivated to giving nearly everything up to build a ladder to climb above the wall, when there is the possibility of a chemical that makes you jump up and have a quick look what lies on the other side of the wall? Why not just jumping endlessly if it is so easy? ;-) 

Please don`t misunderstand me, I do not say " don`t take it " I just hint at some possible side effects that some of you might not be conscious about. One might be a Super-Godlike-Ego after having had a small Ego before. Or you might deviate wrong conclusions and therefore be on the wrong track then. Or perhaps it makes you so foolish to look down on others, who seem to have not explored their true nature yet.

Life is not playing a permanent prank on you with all that Maya/Illusion. You intended that for a reason. The Beauty of Life is that we are seperate and one at the same time.

Rupert Spira for example says in an interview that when you believe you are this little ego Entity the outer world seems to confirm this to you. And when you discover what you are not and that you are in fact pure awareness, then the outer world seems to confirm that too. Why to the hell is that if this Maya/Illusion has no real sense and Intention? He has well noticed that but where is the Point of just noticing that without doing another inquiry for the answer?

What if the outer world is a reflection of your awareness? Boom. What if you just Encounter whatever or whoever SERVES you the best in mirroring your current Status of awareness. Boom. Imagine a fog where People with limited view stumble into each other whereas others with better view just move trough effortlessly. Whoever or whatever gets in your way is only there to Support you. Pure Love in fact. There is an Australian Girl who became enlightened when she was raped (!), becoming Aware that this is just pure Love.... How absurd that may Sound to most People on this planet? What kind of awareness do you Need to come to that insight in an instant.  

You can use just anything to create a ladder. suffering or good stuff. In fact most Enlightened People wanted to be free from suffering and that is what drove them in the first place.

just thinking about writing a book with all the stuff I kind of "downloaded" while in shivering mode.

universal regards :-)

Before you begin to write your book, did you try 5 meo dmt? You talk about this drug like as you had many experience with it. But I think the reality is, that you never tried it out and you are too fearfull to try it in your lifetime. Instead of accepting this fear you try to explain it to yourseves with silly reasons.

For me it seems you absorbed a lot of knowledge about spiritual stuff but no true insights at all.

Hi OBEIer,

thanks for your opinion. To be sceptical is a good Thing.

no I did not try 5 meo dmt and I didn`t state that I took it. But it is too obvious that it reveals some truth that you otherwise would not have got at your current "normal Status quo of awareness". So in a way it does not fit and you still have to Bridge this gap. For someone with no spiritual Background at all it would be pure Hallucination, for someone with a Little bit knowldedge it might be still some Kind of mild hallucination. You simply do not know how big your awareness gap really is. And you do not now wheter you got it right or wrong.

It is right that I won`t try it but not because I have any fear. It is because I am trying to build a ladder instead of propelling me up with a chemical substance. Again: For another human being this might even be the way to get some grip. But I already have that grip and I do not know whether this substance has some side effects (for Body/mind) or not. I simply don`t know. And for me that is enough.

I absorbed a lot, that is true. But I also discarded a lot. Probably like anyone here. And then get off These Training wheels and doing own contemplation. That seems to be the process. 

But how can you say that there is no true insight? One could say the same Thing about any other "insight" that is posted here. But believing this or that as authentic or not is not the Point. Of Course I could be bullshitting myself, who knows? But I had no single bad Emotion or Feeling for a quite Long time now. And that is some valid proof to me that something is going in the right direction.

for me the journey just starts after realizing that I am no seperate Entity but something else that is not physical. And there seems to be an incredible huge intellicence at work. That is already established in me at least I am able to go into that state consciously. And when I want to know something this state I never got an answer that did not reverberate with my Energy Body in form of vibrations like Little fireworks in my cells. So I simply trust that.

The magnificent Thing is that whatever I utter or write, everybody will make up his own meaning according to his state of awareness. That is true for everything that is written or said by anyone. And that is also true for every expression of whatever in existence. You can elevate the "lightbulb" of your awareness from 1W to 10.000 W. If I am at 2W or 100 W I don`t bother, as Long as I become more and more aware. And that is quite simple to check.

universal regards, Wendelin

@WelcometoReality well I am a human being just like you. :D

but that is not what people commonly think it is. It is not the Body-mind combination or the identification with it (Ego)

The core of my being is a non physical infinite presence which displays everything that is perceived by the body/mind (sense perceptions, thoughts, emotions, time, space) inside. That is the part which can be explored with self inquiry. But for me that is not the end of the search, it is the real starting point.

I am understanding that I am only suffering things that I am not aware of. The more awareness the less suffering and the more of the underlying feelings of peace, joy, love etc. Show up.

here starts the part that is not an experiencal reality as of yet, but an understanding that is felt true through Body reactions as shivers etc.:

I am also that which is perceived which comprises the whole universe if I am aware enough. My individual universe is a reflection of my individual awareness and in fact this universe lies "within" me. 

When there is an interaction with another human being for example, he or she becomes me and I become him or her at the same time. So he or she is supporting me and I am supporting him or her in that sense. No matter what I say or do to this human being. If I give birth or kill it, it is mutual willingness and commitment, or can it be otherwise? (compare that to thousands of Near death experiences and their Meeting of departed beings)

Of course if my Support stems from awareness, that is "better". If someone gets (really) enlightened he supports others in the highest possible way. Even if he or she just sits still in one place.

We are all rooted in this same infinite precence which has many names, we created our own temporary illusionary but magnificent universe and perspective as human beings but as soon as this Soap bubble Bursts, the Illusion of being seperate is over. Back to the roots, where we never really left. Though awareness we can reach this Point even before death.

so how to break that description down to the essence? 

a human possibility, human expression or an human vessel rooted in god.

that is my answer for myself as of now. But there is so much I just don`t know. I am not looking for confirmation. But I know that we support each other, so interactions are a good thing.  

"The core of my being is a non physical infinite presence which displays everything that is perceived by the body/mind" 

Is this what you really experienced? Or just "your" idea which comes in your head because you read a lot of stuff about spirituality? Do you really know what this means? Not just intellectually

You just talked about some  prickling Feeling combined with some goosebumps before. Doesnt sound like an awakening experience at all

@OBEler I never claimed to have had an awakening experience. Why does this come to your mind? It feels more like something is infiltrating me slowly. I don`t even know if that is the case, it is just how it feels. And my happiness Level increases.

yes of Course am I Aware of this presence. That somehing like a Body-mind  can bring that into experience is like magic. Focussing on that feels just wonderful.

I understand your scepticism. copy past from books is not really worthwile reading.

Have you noticed how the world changes when you just look at it differently? That is something everyone who is sensible can experience.

what is your take on the non physical infinite presence? What is the meaning you think I did`t get?

I am just curious, I don't know which of your statements are based on real experiences. 

As I said I have the same sensations you described many times during the day. I see also things differently now after 1,5 years of meditation, I am more interested in everything I see - but not all the time, I need to be present for the moment. The nature, which was always boring for me becomes magic. Thats all nice, but I never had this infinite presence. So I was thinking this only can happen to someone who has already an awakening experience at least. But you describe it as a slow infiltrating process, thats interesting

@OBEler Thank you. I think what was a key for me was the daily Kriya Meditation. Just taking the Thought "I am not the Body" with every breath I take in and "I am even not the mind" with every breath I exhale for like 10 minutes in the morning every day for several months opened me up a Little bit. At some Point, when there is also enough contemplation there is the question "what am I then"?

Is the body-mind is  some Kind of vehicle or device where every aspect of awareness is imprinted? Awareness of what? And which enormous intelligence has built this magnificent unit out of seemingly dead mud for what reason?  It is obvious that it is the same reason for creating everything else around. What kind of experience shall be made for what reason? And why placed in this exact context of time, space and surroundings?

I am also not all the time in the described mode, sometimes its more somtimes its almost not there just very subtle. I think it is entanglement with personal Likes and Dislikes which distracts me but I am not sure if that is it or if there is somehing else. Maybe the willingness to shed just everything that is physiological is not strong enough yet, maybe I am unconsciously Holding to some stuff. But I think its going in the right direction so I don`T bother about reasons for this (felt) on-off status.

what is for sure is that there are far less compulsive actions like a lot less thinking about Sex. Or if there are These thoughts they feel a bit strange like something inside is asking "are you really sure you want to go after These kind of thoughts now?" Not judgemental, just leaving space to reflect and become Aware of it. Not Long ago I would not have hesitated to think about this stuff as often and as Long as it came to my mind. Now there is a Little distance.

I think it is natural for the mind to try to make sense out of what we learn or experience. Like putting together Puzzle pieces.

btw. I was always very interested in nature, when others looked TV I went into the forests and got into little creeks, catching fish, climbing on trees, Building dams etc. So there has always been a fascination. And I always felt that nobody else could see nature the Magic way I see it. Nowadays I do some bee keeping and this fascinates me a lot, how These Little animals function like the whole bee hive is a being itself with collective moods. You can get a lot of Inspiration out of just watching nature. Sometimes you Ego dissolves also there if you totally Forget about yourself out there.

@Wendelin  Hey Wendelin, I'm not on the forum much as there was too much talk about drugs so I left, but yours was the first read I saw and I recognise a lot of what you said. You know when something has awaken (there's even a special word for it but I can't recall) something awakes, and you start to change and notice things, even though you haven't had enlightenment, and you see the whole world differently. They say knowledge doesn't mean anything, nor does searching, but awakening, well that is real. ;)

Edited by Neo

Hi,

I just did my morning Kriya and went up the Little hill right behind my home. Sat down in the frozen gras and let the sun shine upon my face.

after the kriya I contemplated and I would like to share that. I opened my mind to the possibility that my reality/universe is a reflection of my individual state of awareness. Suffering came to my mind as my feet were Feeling uncomfortable. A Thesis is that you suffer what you are not Aware of.

if you are not Aware while being in the street traffic, you will suffer that, if you are not Aware in your relationship you will suffer that, if you are not Aware of your health you will suffer that, if you are not Aware of your Money sepnding you will suffer that...

So if the universe/reality is a reflection of your Status of awareness, what would that mean for suffering?

then, if you suffer mental / physiological / physical /chronical illnesses this must also amount to unawareness of something. Like everything is just psychosomatic. That makes perfect sense, since your Body/mind belongs to your reality/universe which is a reflection of yourself as awareness.

It`s all individual. The Body-mind is moving towards its death. Most People are suffering that fact sooner or later. Do you have to suffer that? No, when you find out your true nature or release all psychological garbage (which some People obviously do on their death bed as they die wonderful gracefully) So if someone hits you and that causes you to fall down 100 m to the solid ground (which you won`t survive) you don`t even have to suffer during these last few Moments (but only if you are or get to the highest Status of awareness or if you are in a state of total ignorance (e.g. under drugs that put your mind down) You can be happy til you hit the ground. 

So the question is, though I am pure awareness, can or do the imprints (all experience) stay with the awareness or are they erased as soon as they occured? Thats a tricky question, but when there is in fact no time and everything is happening in a way simultaniously how should anything that ever happens be erased from awareness?

For me my reality/universe which I am Aware of is not some bullshit or senseless Illusion (even my psychological Drama is not, because I can become conscious of it.) Even if I am a worm in the earth that which I am aware of then just makes perfect sense. My Status of awareness is an ability to respond consciously on whatever I perceive. So enhancing perception (not only sense perception) is my way. And that is why I have this human device. To be overwhelmed and deeply touched by my own nature that is boundless and infinite.

that is what I contemplated.

universal regards

@Neo thanks Neo. For me the main issue with drugs is: Even if they reveal everything the way it really is: How do I know that I got it right if I am not able to get there without drugs. Like implanting Einsteins theory of relativity into the mind of a Kindergarden Child. What to do with that "Knowledge" in the context of being a child?

How do you know that you don`t misinterpret a Thing, even if everything seems just so obvious. Even the tiniest thing I overlook could be fatal. I don`t want to critisize it, and I am also curious and interested in what is reported from These experiences, but I am just aware that it is not and cannot be  the way for me. I have still enough to become aware of before being ready for the real Thing.