Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Difference between "Shit Tests" and "Screening Tests"

7 posts in this topic

I really want to know the difference between "shit tests" and "screening tests."

The first time I came across the term "shit tests" is this website/forum. 

An example would help me understand better.

Also I see a recurrent theme where I see people saying that shit Tests are manipulative. I don't know why is that. Why are they considered manipulative?

Are shit tests similar to screening tests?

I think it's always important to screen a person for potential red flags before having a relationship with them ?

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I once got "tested" (not sure which type) by the devil herself. We were sitting, and I was talking about spirituality and telling her some insight. At first I didn't realize what she was doing, I only got it when I got back home. So, I'm saying yada yada yada, and she's asking me to repeat as if she doesn't understand my voice, and other times as if she's trying to grasp the deep wisdom that I'm sharing. She made me repeat the same insight like 4 times as if she was trying to tell me: "hey, you should listen to yourself saying that, look how stupid you are". Later during the date I discover that she's atheist and doesn't take spirituality seriously. Then when I'm back home my mind made the connection. I was furious! Nobody ever made fun of me like that before! How could she do that to me?! lol

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

They are essentially similar.

If you really want to make a distinction, you can say that screening tests are purposeful and conscious to the person giving the test. For example, asking how old are you and what do you do for a living?

But shit test can be subconscious and happens automatically. Like if a waiter ask a couple a question, the lady will usually keep quiet first to see how her partner respond first. Then when making payment, the lady will usually keep quiet first. That's a shlt test.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Then when I'm back home my mind made the connection. I was furious! Nobody ever made fun of me like that before! How could she do that to me?! lol

lmao what a bitch. Honestly.

hrhrhtewgfegege

27 minutes ago, Roy said:

lmao what a bitch. Honestly.

Do you really think his interpretation of the events are accurate? I have suspicions that he may be drawing the wrong conclusions about her motivations.

He’s put together that interpretation based on the fact that she asked him to repeat himself and that she also happened to be an atheist. She may have genuinely been trying to understand what he was saying.

But maybe she was being a bitch. I just don’t see enough evidence to come to that conclusion, if he didn’t pick up on it while it was happening.

But I don’t really believe women consciously do “shit tests” in the first place. I think it’s just a sizable minority of women’s personalities that make them prone to being difficult people. And men who are trying to understand and game it, framed it as shit testing to make it make sense in their framework.

And now you have a bunch of men watching for “shit tests” and over-analyzing what they imagine are women’s underlying thoughts, feelings, and motives. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

6 hours ago, Emerald said:

But maybe she was being a bitch.

I'm glad you said that, because it isn't about me, personally. I might be wrong and imagining things here in this case. Even though, technically, I have other reasons to believe in my hypothesis, but that's besides the point, because I'm not trying to prove anything about me. However, the point still stands that things like that happen for men all the time. That's why the concept/term "shit test" exists, because it refers to an actual phenomenon that men experience in the dating world.

Hell! My ex used to ask me questions, and then after I answered them she would say: "I was testing you". I miss how transparent she was.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

9 hours ago, Emerald said:

But maybe she was being a bitch. I just don’t see enough evidence to come to that conclusion, if he didn’t pick up on it while it was happening.

I'm just playing around a bit idk either hehe.

hrhrhtewgfegege