Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon_Bundesen

How to accept emotional labor?

6 posts in this topic

I'm stuck in a rut and can't get myself to take action because I resist emotional labor since it's so painful.

How do I accept it?

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

Make the action small and small and small until the pain is managable and then do it.after many many repetition of doing a particular action ,that action become pleasurable

Edited by asifarahim

I always recommend the App Fabulous. The app has helped me in so many ways to be more productive.

I think in the end really, you just need to work through it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Jon_Bundesen  You need some type of conditioning. Meaning some external force that makes you take action invitably. 

Either a job can help you build some momentum and stop laziness by having some work action habits. 

It will be tough at the start but you will condition yourself to get used to it. Then its pretty easy to take action. 

Find an enviornment that makes you struggle. What you are not used to is struggle. Spirituality is everything opposite to struggle in a way. No stress, no worry, little external action, no fighting, no thinking, etc. You see where it goes? Its good in a sense if you are truly going to fully awaken, but it can destroy your life at the same time. Its dangerous in one sense. If you get what I mean. 

So Yeah, getting used to taking action, struggle, alot of thinking, dealing with stress, effort and fighting for your boundaries is another path in itself. Its like the reverse of spiritual work. But if you have done spiritual work previously, not all will be gone. The shifts will remain on a soul level. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

Repeat in your head all day long:

Here and now i accept my thoughts and emotions without trying to mold them and i behave responsively constructively  and kindly whether i wish it or not. 

Then just do it. Move the body. Focus on the action. You can only do one thing at a time. Take the next small step. Watch yourself taking the step. Train while doing the action you are taking. 

Expect unexpected things in your day. Respond to everything that unfolds in the most constructive way possible. 

Look at yourself from a higher perspective and laugh at the seriousness of our life. 

That's why i love dan millman. 

You can bypass emotional labor altogether. Just take the best action you can take right now by moving the body. 

Don't take this to an extreme. Don't waste energy pleasing others. Conciously choose your actions. 

Read this book: The War of Art (Not to be confused with the Art of War)

Inside it teaches you how to overcome your resistance, how to get past your emotions and stop procrastinating.