Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Opo

Should I wait until my brain is fully developed to do psychedelics?

15 posts in this topic

I'm watching a podcast and some scientist said this.

I feel like y'all know more about this than him so I want to ask you. 

I've already done them but not in a while tho so I'm getting the need to start again and I'm wondering would it be smarter to wait a couple of years till I'm 26?

Yeah. There is no need to rush into psychedelics. There are so many spiritual tools you can use.

But, if you are like 25, then maybe? 

Honestly... I don't know anymore how I feel about these substances.

They can be truth revealing but also they distort your sense of reality and can lead to foolish behaviour and ungroundedness. I thought I had a grasp on what they were but I was wrong. There is way to many bad role models in the world to know how they are to be used safely. And there is no way of knowing how you will react... Given your trauma history, ego maturity, and simply because they kill you in some ways. 

I've learned from direct experience that, they can show you new insights and truths into reality but they can also make you deluded. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Stop waiting, 21+ is good enough.

It's not a physical age problem, it's a matter of maturity.

If you are immature age will not save you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo is not wrong, and the best way to get through immaturity is life experiences. So go do stuff. Not necessarily psychedelics though. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop waiting, 21+ is good enough.

It's not a physical age problem, it's a matter of maturity.

If you are immature age will not save you.

Yeah well. These powerful substances destroy your sense of self and reality. Good luck being mature enough at 21 in our culture to handle this perfectly. How is a 21 year old going to measure their maturity with their little to no life experience?

You can really hurt yourself or others with these substances. And when you do, no one will be there to help you. People will demonize you, and there will be no support from others. People already think these substances are bad, so they will assume their beliefs are founded. Plus, people here on the forum can't help you and Leo wont help you. He will encourage you to take the mind altering possibly destabilizing substance. But, the risk is 100% on you. You have to ask if that is a business decision you would make.

There is no responsibility in these teachings. Leo takes no risk in your mistakes.

That being said, LSD is likely not dangerous at low doses.

None of us here know your situation or your maturity. Once you start taking these chemicals there is no way of knowing how your ego will respond and what stories you can tell yourself about what happened.

If you do decide to take them. Be very careful, plan the trip out, let people know what you are planning to do and ensure that the set and setting is as safe as possible and be sure to have a day or 2 to do nothing and integrate.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah well. These powerful substances destroy your sense of self and reality. Good luck being mature enough at 21 in our culture to handle this perfectly. How is a 21 year old going to measure their maturity with their little to no life experience?

You can really hurt yourself or others with these substances. And when you do, no one will be there to help you. People will demonize you, and there will be no support from others. People already think these substances are bad, so they will assume their beliefs are founded. Plus, people here on the forum can't help you and Leo wont help you. He will encourage you to take the mind altering possibly destabilizing substance. But, the risk is 100% on you. You have to ask if that is a business decision you would make.

There is no responsibility in these teachings. Leo takes no risk in your mistakes.

None of us here know your situation or your maturity. Once you start taking these chemicals there is no way of knowing how your ego will respond and what stories you can tell yourself about what happened.

If you do decide to take them. Be very careful, plan the trip out, let people know what you are planning to do and ensure that the set and setting is as safe as possible and be sure to have a day or 2 to do nothing and integrate.

Bad attitude towards psychedelics can actually lead to bad trip, so what you're doing here is simply increasing the risk. Your bias towards psychedelics and Leo won't help anyone, a simple warning would suffice or if you have a advice on how to make things more safe.                                                               What you're doing is trying to bend reality in to your liking based on your bias (even if you think you're helping someone)

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah well. These powerful substances destroy your sense of self and reality. Good luck being mature enough at 21 in our culture to handle this perfectly. 

It doesn't have to be perfect. 

Actually the desire for it to be perfect could lead to a bad trip. 

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

How is a 21 year old going to measure their maturity with their little to no life experience?

Well most old people I talk to are like children so the age is not the best thing to measure this by. 

That when is yikes. Sry if this happened to you. 

Look I know I'm mature enough now not to take stupid amounts and I'm almost 100% certain that I can handle relatively sane amounts. 

For an example couple of years ago I took 700 ug of LSD and loved it... I know, I know. 

Plus I grew a lot in this time so bad trips don't worry me. The only thing was the physical stuff and now I know I'm ready. (not for 5-meo tho that still scares me)

Edited by Opo

@Opo

How’s your life going?

How are you feeling generally - and why?

What’s your foundation look like? 

How healthy & happy are your relationships? 

How clean is your diet, and mind? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Young men in their 20's are more vulnerable to accidental death and injury than the rest of the population, possibly due to later frontal lobe maturity. They may be less able to accurately calculate and avoid risk taking behavior. Psychedelics and some interpretations of nondual understandings or existential truths can pop you into a state of realization of complete invulnerability, and so sometimes this is explored and acted on. The combination can potentially be, well, not great. 

Not ALL men in this age group are like this. Some are very aware of risks, living in fear, emotionally paralyzed by them. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Opo Generally I would say the scientist in your film was right. There has been research which says that young people are more vulnerable to the adverse effects of drugs such as marijuana which are known to occasionally bring on a psychotic break, and once you have one of those and the psychiatric medication that goes with it, it is difficult to emerge clean and healthy.

Most people who suffer a first psychotic break do so before they’re 30 — about 75% — and about 25% of the population has in their lifetime an experience with a serious mental health issue. There is such a thing as drug-induced psychosis, which is basically going tripping and not coming back down. This is often the beginning of being given a more serious diagnosis, such as schizofrenia.

It helps to be well-informed before you go to do something risky. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@OpoWhat’s your foundation look like? 

How clean is your diet, and mind? 

These two I need to work on more. 

I'm focusing on the second one right now. Once that's fixed I'll work on the first one. 

Then I'll be ready for the big doses. For now I'll just dip my toes in. 

@mandyjw Definitely me during puberty. But I'm good now. 

@Bodhitree I'm not worried about the psychotic break. I was thinking more like a part of my brain won't develop fully or something like that. 

4 hours ago, Opo said:

That when is yikes. Sry if this happened to you. 

Look I know I'm mature enough now not to take stupid amounts and I'm almost 100% certain that I can handle relatively sane amounts. 

For an example couple of years ago I took 700 ug of LSD and loved it... I know, I know. 

Plus I grew a lot in this time so bad trips don't worry me. The only thing was the physical stuff and now I know I'm ready. (not for 5-meo tho that still scares me)

There you go, really you need to follow your own intuition and as long as you take proper precautions to ensure your safety... take it in a fool proof setting and stay grounded then I can't see it being a problem.

5meodmt is a different beast for sure. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Opo

You sound pretty ‘ready’ to me. One thing that came to mind that I think was helpful was meditating wherever, public places, loving folks and so not caring what anyone thinks. I think that and the meditation, returning focus to feeling breathing from the stomach, made for a solid foundation. Start small, like you mentioned, and enjoy your path ? and great pic btw. Lot of truth right there. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Remember to space your trips out. I was over zealous I think when I first got into these substances and I got myself into trouble.

I am currently going through a pretty big paradigm shift, admitting a lot to myself. I don't want anyone else to repeat my mistakes.

Be careful, everyone. We need you sane, clear minded and healthy.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"