Thugkitty

Life Coaching

17 posts in this topic

First off I want to thank you Leo for finally making a forums!

Why I want to be a life coach: I want to be a life coach because I'm sick of seeing depressed, stressed and emotionally drained  people in the world. I have a dream that maybe we will become a type 1 or 2 race, but first we need to address the unhealthy thinking and psyche of the human race. My goal is to help upgrade the psyche of the human race so that we may become a type 1 or 2.

But there is a huge factor playing and its being able to afford the classes for a life coach. I'm fully aware that I do not need a certificate to become a life coach but I think it'll be best.

My question is does anyone know of any decent life coaching programs less than $10,000 hopefully around or in the Houston area.

Thanks for your time hope you enjoy the read!

-Love and Light

@Thugkitty Have you tried looking for online certifications? They may be a little cheaper than going to a coaching school. As a life coach myself, I believe education and qualifications is a must. If I was someone in need of coaching, I wouldn't trust someone who didn't have the qualifications as opposed to someone who did.

I didn't realise at the start, I spent a lot of money, on courses to get qualified which was around the $10,000 mark and then I spent money on extra resources/courses to become really good and effective at what I do. 

I bought books, dvd's, audio books, courses and materials from other well known leaders and coaches, I attended workshops, webinars, conferences. It is all up to you how much you choose to invest in yourself and your future coaching business. The internet will also be your best friend. 

I really do believe, in order to be one of the best and make a difference in this world, you have to learn from the best and focus on you before you start coaching. Face your fears, limiting beliefs, how you plan to make a business out of it and change the world, what do you have to offer? what will make you different from other coaches? what is your niche? what do you need to learn/do in order to be a life coach that will make the difference in other people's lives? how are you going to find clients? 

I saw in one of Leo's videos that he has invested a lot of time and money to be the best and he has been doing this for a few years. I have found with most coaches that make a difference, their learning to master the art never ends, however in the beginning they coach themselves first and put themselves in the right mindset to be a coach. 

I have found coaching an amazing challenge, because we are so individually beautiful and unique. It is easy to just give advice to someone, but what is going to cause the biggest impact in their life that you can help with, what results can they expect from you? how will you attain these results? 

@MIA.RIVEL 

I have found coaching an amazing challenge, because we are so individually beautiful and unique. It is easy to just give advice to someone, but what is going to cause the biggest impact in their life that you can help with, what results can they expect from you? how will you attain these results? 

That is great advice Mia,

I just wanted to add that even though we are individually beautiful and unique we are also fundamentally the same. And because of that , because we are all one species , the core things can be taught to anyone as long as they are willing.

" i can also show you the door, but you have to be the one who walks through it"

Look for Bob Proctor. There is a course for life coaching under that amount. Still expensive for me, but I believe is good stuff.

If you're serious about making this your purpose and career, don't be cheap with it. $10,000 is not a lot of money to invest in a career. Find a way to save up the money.

How are you gonna realistically raise the psyche of the human race if you can't put together $10k?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I completely agree with Leo. I was hesitant at first to spend $10k on a coaching program. I didn't even know how I would get the money. One day I just decided to go for it and i went through IPEC (even though Leo suggested that I wait till I was older). It was worth every penny. It helped me completely transform my life and I haven't even finished yet. I am so confident that this program is legit. I have grown so much as a coach and a person. 

Edited by David Miller

3 minutes ago, David Miller said:

I completely agree with Leo. I was hesitant at first to spend $10k on a coaching program. I didn't even know how I would get the money. One day I just decided to go for it and i went through IPEC (even though Leo suggested that I wait till I was older). It was worth every penny. It helped me completely transform my life and I haven't even finished yet.

I agree also. I have two bachelors degrees that cost 5x the amount of my life coaching school. I got 10x more out of Ipec (and I'm not even finished yet) then my entire college career.

Very Interesting Topic.

I'm starting on April this year a Coaching Program here in Chile, that is accredited by the ICF, and I just went out there and looked for the best possible training.

It's not cheap of course, however it's very important to realize that if we are really serious about being a Life Coach and doing it as our profession, then 10K it's really a very small investment in my opinion.

Also remember, as already been said, that any college degree the investment is much more, and we never question it.

Remember, if you are serious, this is what you are going to do for the rest of  your life, so just get the money and go for it.

I'm also looking for having a career as a Life Coach. I'm so happy to get started and that's why I invested in the best program I could find. 

The best of luck my friend! Just get the money and go for it! :D

@MIA.RIVEL @Sarah_Flagg @Leo Gura

I do agree with everyone, but I have a major limiting beliefs when it comes to being financially stable, for me having a ton of money is extremely taboo. I've been working for years to overcome this way of thinking but at the end of the day it still gets to me.

59 minutes ago, Thugkitty said:

@MIA.RIVEL @Sarah_Flagg @Leo Gura

I do agree with everyone, but I have a major limiting beliefs when it comes to being financially stable, for me having a ton of money is extremely taboo. I've been working for years to overcome this way of thinking but at the end of the day it still gets to me.

You need to read more books about money. Go to Barnes and noble and visit the money section. Read all books about financial literacy, saving, etc. Break your limiting beliefs.

@Thugkitty @Argue The internet is your best friend. You don't even have to spend money on books, financial advice etc. There are a lot of things you can look up on Google and you tube to open your eyes more about money and understand it. 

* Creating wealth

* How to budget

* How to be financially independant

* Money Mastery

The list goes on, but you get the point. You can find all of this information on the internet and when you start to understand it better, you may be able to face your limiting beliefs and deal with them. Ask yourself the following questions:

*Why do I feel the way I do about money?

* What happened for me to feel this way?

* What would having no limiting beliefs on money look like to me?

* What are some steps I can do to achieve this new belief?

* What do I need to learn about money to become a master of it?

Write down some ideas how you can make more money, or do a savings plan with a time frame. 

What I do, is I have a budget book and I write down where every single cent of my money goes. I have categories, business, personal, university, event's/outings and I write down what I spend on a daily basis and where I can save and when I can spend money for a new course or a new book. Sometimes it takes time to save up for the things you want and when you have that money, you think twice on what you should really be spending it on. 

Its all a matter of how bad do you want it? if you want it bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen and get what you need, to do what you need to do. Ask the life coaching programs if they do payment plans and maybe pay the course off as you go along?

1 minute ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

@Thugkitty @Argue The internet is your best friend. You don't even have to spend money on books, financial advice etc. There are a lot of things you can look up on Google and you tube to open your eyes more about money and understand it. 

* Creating wealth

* How to budget

* How to be financially independant

* Money Mastery

The list goes on, but you get the point. You can find all of this information on the internet and when you start to understand it better, you may be able to face your limiting beliefs and deal with them. Ask yourself the following questions:

*Why do I feel the way I do about money?

* What happened for me to feel this way?

* What would having no limiting beliefs on money look like to me?

* What are some steps I can do to achieve this new belief?

* What do I need to learn about money to become a master of it?

Write down some ideas how you can make more money, or do a savings plan with a time frame. 

What I do, is I have a budget book and I write down where every single cent of my money goes. I have categories, business, personal, university, event's/outings and I write down what I spend on a daily basis and where I can save and when I can spend money for a new course or a new book. Sometimes it takes time to save up for the things you want and when you have that money, you think twice on what you should really be spending it on. 

Its all a matter of how bad do you want it? if you want it bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen and get what you need, to do what you need to do. Ask the life coaching programs if they do payment plans and maybe pay the course off as you go along?

Fantastic advice. Thank you. I agree about how bad enough you want it. Me personally, when I want something, I don't stop, no matter how big the obstacle. 

I track my spending too, with the mint app. I also met the senior VP of Bank of America. He suggested I visit one of his sites (bettermoneyhabits). It's an excellent I use to learn about budgeting, etc. 

I live in NYC and there's always free workshops at the public library. I attend those to gain knowledge. Lately though, I've been distracted by instant gratifications (games, going out, etc). 

I'm back on track however and I'm saving 50% of my weekly check. I went back in with my mom to save even more money. I don't spend money on frivolous things. I affirm myself not to. I actually pack lunch in a brown bag. 

But yeah, excellent advice! I'm going to SS your post and work towards mastering these things you pointed out. My next goal is to become (I already believe I am one) a life coach. Doing my research. 

2 hours ago, Argue said:

You need to read more books about money. Go to Barnes and noble and visit the money section. Read all books about financial literacy, saving, etc. Break your limiting beliefs.

This!

You ain't gonna coach anyone with the kind of thinking you currently have about money. Coaching is a serious business. Not charity work.

Ironically, the less money you charge for coaching, the less seriously people take you and the more they slack off on the assignments, and the more they miss calls. Giving away free coaching is one of the worst things you can do for your clients.

And if having lots of money is a taboo, then you shouldn't mind paying $10k for the program. The taboo thing would be to keep that money for yourself ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@MIA.RIVEL@Argue 

@Leo Gura 

Thank you for the constructive criticism! One of the big things that I struggle with is eating a lunch/dinner that's costly. I spend most of my days on the road and I'm constantly going. So naturally I'm going to want to buy something quick i.e fast food... and I believe that's where the bulk of my money is going. I do have much healthier spending habits but it's not quite where it needs to be.

Yes! This thread was so helpfull and motivating to me since I want to become a Life Coach too! Thanks all for sharing your wisdom! I had doubts to spend 10k on IPEC (and also the traveling costs since there is no IPEC in germany) and I have no clue how to raise 10k, but now I'm on it! I won't give up no matter what! Leo is 100% right. If I can't even raise 10k then I shouldn't be a professional Life Coach to beginn with. This will be my ultimate test. Trial by fire! 

Edited by The Alchemist

Also think about what ways you want to coach and just start doing it.  Don't wait on a certificate to validate you, just get out there and put foot to ground with your ideas.  Give speeches at high schools or churches, places that will easily let you in and start building a name for yourself; just get out there and start...the rest will fall into place.

I trained as a Performance Coach (in an organisation) last year. I was extremely fortunate - my employer paid for the (1 year) course (they're getting their money's worth now!).  The assignments were tough and I did most of the work on my own time. However, knowing what I know now, if I had to I would pay for it myself. I find coaching exciting and extremely rewarding. I am looking forward to a new career. I would encourage anyone interested in training to coach to go for it. Get some therapy if you feel you need it (I did), get some coaching so you understand how it works, and go for it. The training itself is great for personal development.