Strangeloop

Is it crazy to talk to yourself?

6 posts in this topic

Like I see that my body talking when no is around but when someone is around it just stiffs up and from my perspective is quiet and no one is talking. Like zoning out. Being anxious. and fearful.

If I talked like I do to myself to other people I would hear their reaction and instantly would stop talking so I wouldn't need to deal with the consequences. Like trying to be myself without realising it really you. weird thoughts. Maybe the words I put are incorrect and rambling won't help but to be a decisive person sure does sound like an ideal more than reality.

I'm sur3 you noticed that I jump from one topic to another but sometimes it's good that way because I haven't actually seen a person who would talk for an hour on one topic. It seems like Leo talking is talking on one topic but personally I see many topics.

Or the way I shut myself up when the situation needs to, It could mean that, but I don't get it.

Or I'm just more or less capable of talking to people but I lack the confidence and clarity of what I am talking about and what I should be talking about.

Okay so this post in of itself was really writing my thoughts out seeing where it will lead me, you may see it as rubbish for the other person it might be gold.

People are talking to themselves and entertaining themselves from the dawn of civilization. You can try to talk out loud on the street while having headphones in your ears. People will think you are talking on the phone but actually you are making the entire conversation up. Watch their reactions. I tried that. It made my mind clear on the topics I had questions about. A clever tool :)

When just thinking to yourself - contemplate the concept of thought. How a thought is created. How it COMES to mind. from where? Answer that and you are one step closer to Self Realization.

Greg

Edited by Eternal Unity
Talks & Thoughts

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Hey man I just wanted to say that this is completely natural and I believe more people are doing this than they are actually willing to admit so thank you!!

(Yes, I do this from time to time...hehe)

Look, sometimes we just have to think out loud. And I believe that reciting things aloud rather than keeping them contained is really so healing and powerful for the soul. ❤ So even if you are chatting to yourself, fuck it; so be it! Become content with the uncomfortable. Explore thyself.

Many times, when talking to ourselves, we are using the process of free association without realizing it. Personally, I feel that this process can really truly welcome in so much clarity, as well as active presence, and a strong sense of self-revival and renewal. 

And sometimes releasing our thoughts from a cage, is all we need to allow the truth to hit the air. 

Hope this helps!

~Hannah

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

If you'd ask me years ago I'd say it's crazy. 

Thinking is normal so why not talking outlod is not? It's normal. 

I've been doing it when I'm home alone. Nobody can judge when you're alone. I catch myself trying to judge my external thoughts sometimes, I mean we're so used of being afraid of judgment, sometimes we try to sound normal by not being authentic. 

Trust me it's a powerful tool. Talking to yourself when nobody's around is healing me so much, I'm the biggest supporter of my life for the first time. It's healing its making me feel like I'm winning. Having yourself as a true friend never felt that great! 

Even your best friends can judge you but love you. But nobody knows you better than yourself. 

Edited by egoeimai

I do it all the time. No shame in that ?

@Eternal Unity That is a great idea!! Never thought of that before.

Edited by SaltyMeatballs