Alfonsoo

Anyone in the food industry?

7 posts in this topic

I'm an aspiring chef and aspiring business man. I'm currently a student of gastronomy and I would love to hear some insight from open minded and trascendental people. Ive been brainstorming ideas on how to develop my life purpose through cooking.

Naturally I ended up with some interesting ideas about healthy/alternative food and psychoactive food.

BUT... I really want to hear if you've got any tips, anecdotes or ides in regards to this.

:D

Here is the alternative idea: there is no alternative food, you are what you eat.

On 2021-07-04 at 8:43 AM, Alfonsoo said:

I'm an aspiring chef and aspiring business man. I'm currently a student of gastronomy and I would love to hear some insight from open minded and trascendental people. Ive been brainstorming ideas on how to develop my life purpose through cooking.

Naturally I ended up with some interesting ideas about healthy/alternative food and psychoactive food.

BUT... I really want to hear if you've got any tips, anecdotes or ides in regards to this.

:D

All I can say is that I'm looking forward to buy your services. Sounds so cool! I would personally love to see a chief providing healthy yet ridiculously taste meals and changing the way of gastronomi and stuff like that.

Go after your dream. Whatever it is. We need you.

What is the potential in psychoactive food that you see? I am curious!

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

The Food industry is a great place. I studied International Food Business in University. There is so much exciting developments and opportunities all around the world. Wishing you well on your journey! 

@Sucuk EkmekThat comment seems kinda dickish... Of course there are food alternatives..

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@SamC well, to start i was thinking of plainly selling microdoses in the form of candy (which I believe already exist) and the rest of the project i’ll figure it out as the law calms down a bit

Nice! I work on an organic dynamic farm and our mission is providing people with the most nutritious food possible. We also figure out how to be as self sustained as possible throughout the year.

Let's just say, it's a lot more work cooking with healthy ingredients than it is to buy perfectly shaped vegetables, pre-cut meat and things of that sort.

My advice would be that, whatever you do, go in that direction as much as possible: Organic, seasonal ingredients that are locally sourced, prepared with healthy cooking methods and are mostly plant based.

There are enough people who will appreciate it. The trend is going there majorly anyways. It's just a matter of time. 

An organic pizza place just opened up near me. They only have 6 different pizzas. It's super simple. Everybody loves it. All the organic restaurants ans stores are doing great here too. They pop up one after the other. And working with medicinal herbs and psychoactive ingredients could be an awesome niche. 

@flume Does the farm is self sustainable in terms of finances? Or do you have to inject resources from time to time? I was thinking about pairing whatever food business I end up manifesting with an organic farm. I love raising plants. Specially heirloom veggies