Slifon

Dark night of the soul?

7 posts in this topic

For a long time I feel very strange as if I have a lack of energy, my mood drops, and I get bored very easily, and I have noticed that only meditation lifts my mood and I feel happy but for a while, then I feel like I miss something again, I think I feel these thanks to meditation and spiritual work but I'm not entirely sure.

The goal of meditation is for you to be tranquil during all times. if you get bored, try to do other things you like. Try walks in nature or listening to calm world music or for that matter guided meditations. There are hours' worth online. Don't get so caught up in thought, either - the second you feel you are slipping into a stream of negative thought, decide NO! I am not entertaining my mind in that direction and let go.

The Dark Night of the Soul can hit once or multiple times on the spiritual path. Let it happen. It is a process in which your spirit is forging resilience. Makes you ready for further understandings and higher consciousness attainments.

Greg

Edited by Eternal Unity

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Slifon dark night of the soul used to refere to DP/DR. So don't do research  into that because you won't find good sources.

People refer to dark night as a struggle or depression, which is not the same at all.

What you describe is the dissatisfaction every ego faces once in a while. If it gets too bad, get therapy. If you are only looking for answers continue seeking.

13 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

dark night of the soul used to refere to DP/DR. So don't do research  into that because you won't find good sources.

There are good sources. Look for shinzen young teachings. YouTube for example 

14 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Slifon dark night of the soul used to refere to DP/DR. So don't do research  into that because you won't find good sources.

People refer to dark night as a struggle or depression, which is not the same at all.

What you describe is the dissatisfaction every ego faces once in a while. If it gets too bad, get therapy. If you are only looking for answers continue seeking.

Calling it DP/DR would be a bit more accurate. Its much more dark and spiritual than that though. It feels like a total abandonment by god. A total disconnection from source. DP/DR feels softer, less dark and definitely more sterile.

Watch shinzen Young's videos on dpdr on youtube.

It's basically the experience of nothingness. God without love. He explains it.

He also tells you how to get out of it.

Love the tranquility to death or reconstruct a false sense of self.