Anirban657

Should I do Radical Honesty online course?

12 posts in this topic

I have been facing problems like anxiety and depression since 2015 and nothing seems to work. I am thinking about taking a Radical Honesty online course by Brad Blanton, PhD. 

I read the book and it's interesting. It is practical and it works for me because I have applied the technique. But I am kind of nervous to invest in this course but I feel it needs to be done. 

Please tell me your opinion on this. 

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

It probably depends on what source of your anxiety and depression is. Depending on what the source is you may even need a different solution but it would likely be a good start to open up to other people about how you feel.  

1 minute ago, BjarkeT said:

It probably depends on what source of your anxiety and depression is. Depending on what the source is you may even need a different solution but it would likely be a good start to open up to other people about how you feel.  

@BjarkeT The source of anxiety and depression is probably genetic and stress when I study or work too much and social anxiety. Mostly genetic. I think Radical Honesty will help me in overcoming all my emotional problems which will lead to better work ethic and less social anxiety. But I am not sure if it is powerful enough to do what I am expecting. 

Regarding social anxiety which I have my self what works for me at least is to allow your self to fully feel the anxiety and accept how you feel again and again. That procces might help reduce it over time but medicin also helps. If we don't allow ourself to fully feel each emotions they will be stuck in our body so we have to release it by fully feeling it for it to be "gone".  Regarding stress related to working too much what helps me is to have at least one day off and take frequent breaks. Something that might help you is Cal Newports Shutdown ritual which should help release stress but I think you should give the course a try but probably lower your expectations so you won't be dissapointed if it doesn't go 100% to your expectations. 

3 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

Something that might help you is Cal Newports Shutdown ritual which should help release stress but I think you should give the course a try but probably lower your expectations so you won't be dissapointed if it doesn't go 100% to your expectations. 

@BjarkeT I registered for the course today. If I don't like the course or find that it's not helping me I can ask for a refund in the 1st week after the course begins. If I complete the course I will post a review in this forum. Thanks friend for you opinion.

Interesting. I didn't know there's an online course. If someones done it, please leave a review

I was in an a small group led by Brad Blanton many years ago.  Radical honesty is the way to go in a relationship, but it is difficult for most people to actually do.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 09.07.2021 at 0:12 AM, Jodistrict said:

I was in an a small group led by Brad Blanton many years ago.  Radical honesty is the way to go in a relationship, but it is difficult for most people to actually do.

It is impossible for many to do this.

Radical honesty can be both a blessing and a curse.

When one demands on speaking their truth regardless of the consequences and it just causes hurt and consternation. How does that benefit? It might help a situation on rare occasions but when expressed regardless of others feelings it can often lead things into a downward spiral.

The following advice was given by Cynthia Bourgeault in an online course. I think it is somewhat applicable to this thread.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rather than moving too quickly to criticize and judge, you can exercise respect by practicing conscious speech. Before rushing to respond, stop, ground, take a couple of conscious breaths, then ask yourself these four questions: 

Does it need to be said?

Does it need to be said now?

Is it my place to say it?

Can it be said with kindness?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I would do well to remember these four points. Like most of us though, I often forget myself and insist on having my say because of my being reactive and impulsive.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

14 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Radical honesty can be both a blessing and a curse.

When one demands on speaking their truth regardless of the consequences and it just causes hurt and consternation. How does that benefit? It might help a situation on rare occasions but when expressed regardless of others feelings it can often lead things into a downward spiral.

The following advice was given by Cynthia Bourgeault in an online course. I think it is somewhat applicable to this thread.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rather than moving too quickly to criticize and judge, you can exercise respect by practicing conscious speech. Before rushing to respond, stop, ground, take a couple of conscious breaths, then ask yourself these four questions: 

Does it need to be said?

Does it need to be said now?

Is it my place to say it?

Can it be said with kindness?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I would do well to remember these four points. Like most of us though, I often forget myself and insist on having my say because of my being reactive and impulsive.

Interesting thoughts