asifarahim

Is deliberate practice practical or is it another stage orange scientific invention

10 posts in this topic

On the one hand  deliberate practice make sense because u need to put hard work to improve.

but on the other hand it look like stage orange scientific invention.it is very material and rational .george leonard says u need to practice for the love of it.

Contemplating on both angle make me totally lost like i am in a time loop.

Deliberate practice isn't Stage Orange. That is way too simplistic. Practice has existed for all of human history. Even if it was, no stage is inherently bad, only when done in excess or in an unhealthy way. That applies to practice as well.

I meditated 1k hours over the course of 3 years and it changed me forever. It works. Show me any spiritual teacher who didn't do any practice. The question isn't "if" you should practice but how to do it properly.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard what i meant was 

Actually there are 2 kinds of practice

1)deliberate practice is done for the result.it is outside ur comfortzone so it is painful.the principles of deliberate practice alll resembles stage orange.ie practice hard,take pain,have a goal,go full throttle etc.its very mechanical.

2)george leonards version of practice is u practice for the love of practice.you should strech your comfort zone and push it.

Leonarda idea of practice looks like stage green/yellow.this is what i resonate with.people who are 20,30,50 years into a field ,who are masters are all advocating leonards practice.ie practice for love of it,enjoy practice etc.

I am wondering if anyone had success applying deliberate practice.

@asifarahim In my experience, it's never either/or. There is always a directing function that pushes you through the pain (discipline), nourished by intrinsic motivation (passion/love). Improper practice is when this relationship gets out of balance. Too much discipline but little passion will corrupt your soul, but too little discipline and a lot of passion can lead to a lack of structure and a squandering of your potential. Proper practice incorporates proper discipline which streamlines your passion towards optimal growth.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just -practice-. If you're not even doing that, no matter what type it is, you're not gonna go very far.

"You Create Magic" 

If you've read Mastery, then you should know that deliberate practice is not an option.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Why see them as two different kind of practice and not one? That's what I do. I do deliberate practice at something that I love to do so all the hard work is worth doing. But deliberate practice isn't just about hard work but rather about how you work. 

By the way if you want to improve be careful about enjoying your practice. If you enjoy practicing you might not actually pushing your self outside your comfortzone and instead be in a flow state which means you won't improve. Practice should be with a sense of difficulty which is a sign of pushing your skills which leads to improvement.  

Edited by BjarkeT

repetitive practice has a physical impact via neuroplasticity in your brain, so its not an invention. Dont expect finding something by accident.

6 hours ago, asifarahim said:

Contemplating on both angle make me totally lost like i am in a time loop.

The loop factor is self referential thinking, or, thoughts about a ‘my self’. Awareness kinda can’t do anything with these thought because it is already its infinite self, vs a ‘thing’ or object. Meditation is the settling, or quieting of thought activity, which happens naturally, relaxed, effortlessly, and is not a ‘doing’. When there is no thought activity about any separation, it gets obvious quick that there is no ‘you’, as in a separate you. Awareness literally is appearing as the thoughts. Without the activity of thoughts, there is just (a more obvious) awareness. The One and only awareness. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Eric kandel is a nobel prize winner .kandel said"i think one has to get pleasure out of the moment to moment aspects of carrear.the rest take care of itself."

Linus torvaldus is the founder of linux os.he said"i think the people who work hard are doing something wrong.i dont work long hours , i play around with computers a lot"

George leonard said"there is another secret.the people we know as masters dont devote themsealf to their particular skill just to get better at it.the truth is they love to practice and because of this they get better at it"

All these masters advocate that we should do the practice for the love of it and not do hard work

I guess this type of practice  is better in the long run but is poor in short run