soos_mite_ah

Finding a Life Purpose Coach

10 posts in this topic

I have been doing a lot of introspecting on what kind of career/life purpose I want and I'd say that I have a good idea. I know my values, my strengths, the things I'm passionate about, my ideal medium, my over all mission statement, things I've accomplished and overcome, and some of the important experiences I want my life to consist of. I have also journaled about this a lot so there is a lot of content that I have come up with myself through this process. 

But even with all of this content, I'm having trouble formulating the elements I've come up with into a vision/path if that makes sense. I think I'm at a point where I need someone outside of myself to look at the content I have made in search of my life purpose and help me come up with what I want to do and what would be a good fit. I like to think I've done a lot of work on this regard but I think I need that extra push in the right direction to have that light bulb moment.  

I'm thinking about getting a life purpose coach to do this so that I'm talking to someone who has expertise on this subject. Should I do that now or do I need to wait and have a clearer vision for myself before going to someone for help? If I should do it now, what's the best way of going about finding the right coach? 

If you want to see some of my work and reflections, just let me know and I'll link them down below. My journal entries tend to be long and I have a lot of entries regarding life purpose so I didn't want to include like 10 links on this post. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Do you have an idea of what kind of career you want to do? Writing, acting, doctor etc?

I would look at people working jobs/careers that you are interested in and ask them how they got started and what their job consists of etc.

I don't know how much value you will get out of a life purpose coach unless you have a strong sense of what you are planning to do, otherwise you're basically mentally ruminating with another person about potential careers.

If you're dead set on a singular purpose then I think this quote is the best answer to your search.

“The only useful purpose of the present birth is to turn within and realize the Self.”
― Ramana Maharshi

I think that's a great idea! A professional look from outside could do wonders.

You have plenty of material for you and your coach to work on. Some people take coaching without any sense of what their values and strengths are and what they want out of life, and even in some of those cases the coachee walks out of there with a clear sense of direction after few sessions. So you really don't need to worry about having enough data. You've already done really good work!

I don't know if there is any online systems you can use to search for a coach. If you don't have any contacts or connections, anyone like a friend with experience vouching for some good coach, then I think you can just google coaches around you and try to find one that resonates with you. Many coaches offer free introduction, so you have a chance to get to know if the one clicks with you before you commit to be his client. I would ask around a bit first.

That's a real sign of being serious about life and taking action to get things further!

@soos_mite_ah

I wish I had done it when I was around your age. I think it's a great idea :)! Go for it!

Have you tried Leo's life purpose course yet? I haven't read you mention it as far as I can see?

@Emerald is a great coach. I'm not sure if she specializes in LP but she's awesome.

7 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

@soos_mite_ah

I wish I had done it when I was around your age. I think it's a great idea :)! Go for it!

Have you tried Leo's life purpose course yet? I haven't read you mention it as far as I can see?

@Emerald is a great coach. I'm not sure if she specializes in LP but she's awesome.

Yes I have taken his course and I found it immensely helpful. I find myself having most of the pieces of the puzzle but having issues with putting them all together xD

7 hours ago, Snader said:

I don't know if there is any online systems you can use to search for a coach. If you don't have any contacts or connections, anyone like a friend with experience vouching for some good coach, then I think you can just google coaches around you and try to find one that resonates with you. Many coaches offer free introduction, so you have a chance to get to know if the one clicks with you before you commit to be his client. I would ask around a bit first.

I am trying to google coaches and I made an appointment with one. I'm doing a free session to see how it goes. 

Also, if anyone else has any suggestions (I know @Etherial Cat has recommended @Emerald) for a life coach, or is a life coach, feel free to let me know. I'm exploring my options at the moment. 

I can give you a free coaching session. I am not a life coach but I have read over 300 self-help books and courses so I know what helps and what doesn't to a good extent. Pm me if you want to know more. 

Edited by hyruga

On 6/17/2021 at 4:23 PM, Etherial Cat said:

@soos_mite_ah

Thank you for recommending me. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 6/18/2021 at 0:06 AM, soos_mite_ah said:

I am trying to google coaches and I made an appointment with one. I'm doing a free session to see how it goes. 

Also, if anyone else has any suggestions (I know @Etherial Cat has recommended @Emerald) for a life coach, or is a life coach, feel free to let me know. I'm exploring my options at the moment. 

Hi @soos_mite_ah, if you have any questions about my practice, feel free to ask. :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Yeah of course.

I'm aware on your approach towards using shadow work, tarot, and dreams in your life coaching practice and how there is a focus on that. Is there anything you do specific to life purpose?