ivankiss

Two methods for accessing Godmode

55 posts in this topic

All you need is some space and time for yourself. Silence.

Away from any form of distraction.

Sit, make yourself feel comfortable. Select an object near you and place your focus on it. Let's say; a cup.

This first method is kinda similar to the well known hand method. You stare at it until you become conscious its God... But, I will slice things a bit differently here.

First you stare at the cup and realize that what you're staring at is actually a thought or a belief. You believe that 'thing' is a cup. It's that simple. For what you know (or don't know) it could be anything. I want you to come to a 'place' - if you will - where you see that thing for the very first time, ever. You have absolutely no idea what it is. Do this not through thought processing but through staring the layers away. Strip away everything you believe you know about that 'thing'. Untill you are left with an unidentified object. Even the notion of an object must go at the end. Now slowly, gently, spread that emptiness and purity all across the room. Your entire experience. The entire present moment. Let everything slowly slip into the unknown. Let all believes dissolve into the light of pure presence. Breathe consciously.

The second method requires the same environment. Peace, silence, no disturbance. 

This time you want to give away your focus. Do not focus on anything at all in your visual field. Simply breathe (through thoughts and sensations) and let your focus dissolve. Now in your peripheral; start 'searching' for an 'end'. Try looking for a border. A point where your vision ends. You should no longer be doing this using focus - since it has dissolved - but rather; by spreading your awareness around these areas. Try increasing the definition of the 'corners' of your visual field. You will find that there is no end to it and that it's kinda curled around you. You might start seeing a (crystal) ball. Fill it with as much awareness and definition as you can. Cultivate and project Light. But leave focus out of the picture. Your focus - if the method is done right - should be the entirety of the field. The whole ball. Not placed somewhere inside of it.

And there you go. For me; these two methods are kinda like quick access to God Consciousness. It might not work that quick for you. Or you know... at all. But it's worth a share.

Let me know if you give it a try.

This definitely works, at least for me it does, and I like how you managed to describe these methods as simple as possible.

I have to admit that I had no idea that this altered state of consciousness is called God consciousness, I somehow have managed to figure out the first method on my own trough my own journey, so it makes me smile when I see someone else experiencing and describing the same thing.

The problem is that these states fade quickly and as soon as 'Peace, silence, no disturbance. ' no longer takes place I get thrown right back into 'normal' states of consciousness. Any tips on how to stay in this state trough out the day?

Accessing 'Godmode' is like a forest looking for itself in the trees... 

The forest only has a hard time recognizing what it is, because it thinks when it discovers it already is the thing it's looking for, it will somehow be different than how it is. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 hours ago, meow_meow said:

The problem is that these states fade quickly and as soon as 'Peace, silence, no disturbance. ' no longer takes place I get thrown right back into 'normal' states of consciousness. Any tips on how to stay in this state trough out the day?

Imo; you don't want to be going through your day in that mode. Because Society. And many more reasons.

But... every time I do the method; I feel the afterglow for a while. My senses are sharper. I am more in tune with reality. And that's perfect for getting shit done in life. 

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

I just spat on that cup. It’s no god of mine.

I looked at myself and spat on myself as well. I am not God.

Well I assume that's because you're perceiving separation.

47 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Accessing 'Godmode' is like a forest looking for itself in the trees... 

The forest only has a hard time recognizing what it is, because it thinks when it discovers it already is the thing it's looking for, it will somehow be different than how it is. 

Myeah, I get what you mean...

But I think that's being used as an excuse for not doing the work far too often.

'Oh, I'm already it. I'm already God. Already enlightened. This is it. There is nowhere else to get.'

While all that may be true... At the end of the day; it's just mind-chatter. And many get stuck on it.

Edited by ivankiss

15 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

But I think that's being used as an excuse for not doing the work far too often.

I hear this phrase 'doing the work' often, but rarely, if ever, an explanation of what 'the work' is (meditation, contemplion, experience, psychedelics??), and always a denial of any 'who', who might do this 'work'. 

@Mason Riggle You have to do the work. No one else. 

And the work is increasing consciousness - if you will. Use the methods you see fit.

@Kalo I got a bit dizzy reading that xD

Cool. Whatever works for you.

20 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@Mason Riggle You have to do the work. No one else. 

And the work is increasing consciousness - if you will. Use the methods you see fit.

So... I have to do the work.. but you have discovered 'quick access'. - "For me; these two methods are kinda like quick access to God Consciousness. It might not work that quick for you."

I am telling you, 'there is quicker access yet!'.  I am telling you that you don't need a map to get where you already are. You just need to stop pretending you're somewhere else. 

This is the 'cosmic joke' of enlightenment that causes deep belly laughter to those who discover it.... the discovery that what you were looking for was hiding in plain sight the whole time!  It was SO obvious that you overlooked it!  It's right here, right now, always.  

@Mason Riggle Again, what you saying is true, but the work must be done nevertheless. And the work is not telling yourself 'I'm already enlightened, there's nothing to do, nowhere to get.'

Regarding the method; It is quick for me since I'm familiar with it. Someone who's just starting out might be having a more difficult time. 

@ivankiss perhaps I'm missing what is meant by 'doing the work'.   

To my ears it sounds like you are saying, 'you must be you', which just seems silly (because that's the only thing I ever do, I'm always doing it, and it's effortless). 

Nope. In this context; by 'doing the work' I mean peeling away the layers of belief/thought that you project onto reality. Stripping it naked. Switching from object-awareness to God consciousness.

'Just be yourself' has its place too. But it's not what this thread is about.

@ivankiss don't you mean, 'reality must peal away it's own layers'?  Isn't it already doing that all by itself? 

@Mason Riggle Well, yeah. You are reality.

And no it's not doing it all by itself. By itself; it's more often than not (unconsciously) adding layers to it.

@vladorion I guess you could argue that, yes.

In that sense; consciousness in general is not God.

But I think it's pretty obvious what I'm pointing towards here. Don't get too stuck up on the words I choose.

@ivankiss 

Sometimes adding layers, sometimes removing layers.  There's no 'me' who has to do either for fear that one or the other won't happen. 

Reality happens automatically, and there's no one 'doing it'. 

@Mason Riggle That is a half-baked awakening - I'd say.

There is you. All of this is you. And it is only happening automatically until you become conscious it's happening out of your infinite Will.

The limited 'I' - as in, the thought or belief - can be in the way while doing this work. But 'I' as the absolute is transparent and infinite. It's Truth.

@ivankiss what happens when I discover I'm doing everything out of my infinite will?? Something different than what is happening now, which I'm doing out of my infinite will?

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@ivankiss what happens when I discover I'm doing everything out of my infinite will?? Something different than what is happening now, which I'm doing out of my infinite will?

Let go of concepts lol

But to answer: there is nothing other than infinite free will.

Loss of control, determinism, randomness, conditioning are all just Infinite Free Will deliberately appearing as that.

You are that.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.