SQAAD

Is Paul Saladino Legit or Not?

11 posts in this topic

I recently stumbled upon this guy, Paul Saladino. He seems quite a well-spoken and intelligent dude who promotes a carnivore diet as far as i'm concerned. He  is very controversial going against many of the preconceived notions we have about nutrition.

He goes against many of the things i have been taught by other health experts...

I really don't know what to make of his content. I haven't watched many of his videos.  And even if i do i am not an expert on nutrition. Personally i am not a fan of carnivore. I prefer fruits and vegetables. But i care mostly about what is true so i am open to new ideas.

What is your opinion about him?

Edited by SQAAD

I like him a lot and following his diet has improved my energy levels a lot. I don't eat a full carnivore diet, I eat animal-based. Still eat avocados and some fruits! 

On 01/06/2021 at 9:54 PM, SQAAD said:

Personally i am not a fan of carnivore. I prefer fruits and vegetables.

perhaps you need to listen to your heart & your intuition rather than forcing yourself to accept opinions on youtube just to be "open minded". 

People come to carnivore usually from a place of very messed up digestion and that usually helps them a lot but I am doubtful of both the healing powers of carnivore and its long term benefits. The human gut is dependant on at least 40grams of fibre a day for our microbiome to survive, you start eliminating that your microbiome profile changes and you end up with way too many proteolytic bacteria to a degree that it can become irreversible and you completely lose the natural balance a human should have. 

It is an acute elimination diet(same as for example FODMAP diet or Specific Carbohydrate diet or Low Histamine diet or Elemental diet). It work for short term but you need to find the root cause and fix it so that you can start eating a large variety of foods rather than staying carnivore forever and get completely brainwashed by people like Saladino who themselves have not managed to fix their gut. Feed him a salad and he'll spend the night on the toilet....

Healthy gut should be able to process any type of (human) food without too many issues or symptoms.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  And Salamis blood glucose and LDL levels are through the roof aswell

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

16 minutes ago, UDT said:

And Salamis blood glucose and LDL levels are through the roof aswell

lol ofcourse but he'll just cover that up for by making a "Why your cholesterol number is not important" video 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

23 hours ago, Michael569 said:

perhaps you need to listen to your heart & your intuition rather than forcing yourself to accept opinions on youtube just to be "open minded". 

That's a solid advice!!

I think it is also necessary. There are so many different opinions outthere from so many 'experts'. Even if you careful read all the studies you still won't have the whole picture. For example some suggest to avoid dairy alltogether while others say that it's not that bad for you.

There is so much debate around health & nutrition and so lil we know.. I try to be open-minded while trusting my intuition also.

Edited by SQAAD

While he's right about the importance of meat and organs in our diet, he still religiously promotes a 100% carnivorous diet that has nothing to do with nature. No human in nature would ignore a juicy fruit during the heat of the summer, or ignore the caloric value of nuts, or the flavor of certain wild herbs and mushrooms. People who follow the trendy carnivore diet are as dogmatic as vegans (fortunately they're 10 times healthier than vegans, but still not ideal).

Edited by Village

41 minutes ago, Village said:

People who follow the trendy carnivore diet are as dogmatic as vegans (fortunately they're 10 times healthier than vegans, but still not ideal).

while the carnis do look more bulky on the outside, looks can be deceiving. I'll agree that a poorly managed vegan diet can make people look sickly, the vegans I know who are doing it well are very healthy, super productive and fit. Not all who look strong on the outside are healthy on the inside

3 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Not all who look strong on the outside are healthy on the inside

!

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

while the carnis do look more bulky on the outside, looks can be deceiving. I'll agree that a poorly managed vegan diet can make people look sickly, the vegans I know who are doing it well are very healthy, super productive and fit. Not all who look strong on the outside are healthy on the inside

I agree if you mean bulky because it has nothing to do with health, but generally speaking, a glowing skin, good weight and high energy levels are huge indicators of good health.

He’s  bit dogmatic about carnivore but a good resource nonetheless.

Read his book “The Carnivore Code” and give carnivore a chance before criticizing it. 

The game of survival cannot be won.