David1

Imagination & Nature

8 posts in this topic

When looking into the imagination, i found this description on wikipedia : "The common use of the term is for the process of forming new images in the mind that have not been previously experienced with the help of what has been seen, heard, or felt before, or at least only partially or in different combinations."

İsn't this exactly what nature is doing and has been doing since the start of the universe? Combining subatomical particles into atoms, then combining different atoms into molecules, combining molecules into ever more complex organic molecules untill life came into being. From that point on we call this process 'evolution'.

İn other words...forming new things, with the help of what was there before by using that in different combinations.

Very similar to 'imagination' if you ask me.

So we could say we're living in 'imagination'? We're imagined beings capable of exerting imagination ourselves ;D. İsn't infinity, all possibilities...everything goes...an inherent quality of the imagination?

Or maybe, i should just stop contemplating these things in order not to go crazyO.o

Edited by David1

2 hours ago, NTOgen said:

You'd be crazy to stop contemplating. This is exactly the kind of curiosity that fosters insight.

As long as you don't get sucked into elaborate dead-end theory structures.

You won't arrive at true knowledge, but you might unravel false knowledge, and that's the only way to go.

Ok then...you asked for it :P

There is something divine about imagination. Manifesting our imagination is what mankind has been doing since the dawn of history. Since we first picked up that stick and reached for a fruit. Acting it out, is what children do intuitively...nobody has to teach them. Painters, sculpters, dancers, writers, actors...all do what they do in service of their imagination. It is what self developement is all about...every goal you set for yourself, all the discipline and willpower you exert you do to manifest your imagination. Computer games, virtual reality...literally everything we do. When we lose that hope of manifesting our imagination by being stuck in a job, relationship or whatever, we become depressed. So...is it safe to say that the ulimate goal of humankind is to be able to manifest imagination at the snap of ones finger? To bring reality and imagination together so to speak.

Edited by David1

10 hours ago, NTOgen said:

Maybe don't try to bring creativity down to the personal level. Maybe it was always here doing what it does without anyone owning anything.

Yes, that's what i mean. Creativity, combining existing things into something new, was here since the start of the universe. If consciousness just IS, then creativity or imagining is what it seems to be doing. With human beings, this took on a whole new level. This creative principle somehow got nested. We are the only beings that are creative themselves, that have imagination. Where evolution only had reality as its 'trial and error arena', we have our imagination as 'trial and error arena'. And we are fast expanding on this now with computer models and virtual reality.

Why not bring it to a personal level? 'You have to be a creator' is something i heard Leo say several times. If we cut ourself off from the creative process, we will become unhappy, unfulfilled. In personal developement...if you reach a goal, then what? You can bask in that victory for a while, but not before long creativity will be knocking on your door again. In the same way you can enjoy a drawing or sculpture you made, but not for too long because another one is waiting to be manifested.

Edited by David1

We are the imagination of ourselves :)

B R E A T H E

If only we could extend far into our imaginations.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@David1 Our reality is of a super intelligence substance. There is nothing that was not imagined first. We are this substance, and we are imagined. 

Is your experience and reality not influenced by your imagination? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm really glad I found this thread. I have been reading Neville Goddard lately, and I was quite struck by his claims that human imagination IS god. He interprets Bible as a metaphor. @David1 , you should definitely look him up.

Unaware of this thread, I started this one for similar discussions:

We have awareness to the superposition (our imagination). This is a level of self-awareness. 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE