100rockets

What Are Your Thoughts On Suicide And Reincarnation?

27 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@pluto

Good to know. A couple of quick questions b-c I really don't know much about the subject.  Since all memory is wiped away you come back as a happy person next time living life to it's fullest? And what happens when you die a natural death at a ripe old age? Something different apparently. What would that be? Also I'm not sure what my mission is. How can I find out before it's too late? Is there an age cut point like 70 or 80? How would I know if this life is a "restart" now ? Any way to know? But what is there to know if all memory was wiped? I'm confused now.  What happens to snakes that commit suicide ?

i think of it like a game, once you complete your soul mission, you level up(in a sense) from there you either take the next level of existence, reside with creator consciousness in the energetic realms or choose to reincarnate as an evolved soul to help others which many of us here are but many are still not aware of this. Your mission will present itself, even if you never find "A mission" you are in a divine play, its already in act :)

There is no such thing as too late. If your interested about past lives try look into past life regression hypnosis/meditation. 

Me personally i don't bother looking into past lives, curiosity is infinite within the present and appreciation is key.

B R E A T H E

On 11/5/2016 at 8:59 PM, 100rockets said:

Suicide And Reincarnation

Ordinarily, the man who commits suicide does not do it feeling himself responsible for it. Mostly he feels people are driving him to commit suicide; certain circumstances, certain events are compelling him to end his life. If the circumstances were not such, he would not have attempted the suicide.

A man, for instance, was in love with someone, but his love was not returned. Now he wants to end his life. Had his love been reciprocated, there would have been no need for him to embrace death. In fact, this man who is contemplating suicide is not doing so with any readiness to die really. He is willing to live only on one condition. Since the condition has not been fulfilled, hence the denial of life. The man is not interested in dying actually; the truth is, he has lost interest in living.

So basically this kind of suicide is a forced one. Therefore, if a person who is about to end his life can be stopped even for two seconds, perhaps he will not attempt it the second time. Just the delay of a couple of moments can be enough, because in those moments his mental resolve will fall apart -- it was put together forcibly.

A man committing suicide is not making a resolve. The fact is he is running away from making the resolve. Ordinarily, a man who has killed himself is not a brave man; he is a coward. Actually, life was asking him to exercise his will; it was telling him, "The woman you loved before... now make a resolve and forget her." But the man didn't have the capacity. Life was pointing out to him: "Forget the person you loved before, love someone else." But the man didn't have the guts.

Life tells someone, "You were rich until yesterday, today you are bankrupt. Nevertheless, live!" He doesn't have the courage. He is not able to make a determination and live. He sees only one way out: self-destruction. He does this in order to avoid making firm resolves. Meeting death like this is not a demonstration of his positive will; rather, it is a show of his negative will. A negative will is of no use.

Such a man will be born with an even weaker soul in his next life -- with a much more impotent soul than the one he had in this life, because he escaped from a situation that had offered him an opportunity to arouse his will.

1 hour ago, David1 said:

If you mess up, you'll come back as a cat xD

article-1371854-0B6ABB3400000578-707_634x898.jpg

xD This is exactly the sort of baloney that's being circulated, especially in some Buddhist sects. It's a real joke and I have absolutely no doubt that some of this is contributing to the demise of Buddhism. 

The most convincing theory of reincarnation I've heard is from the karma kanda sections of the Vedas and it goes like this:

For the sake of simplicity karma is accumulated actions.  For example, if you eat an ice cream and enjoy it you create a tendency to repeat that behaviour which causes a preference to repeat that action. It becomes a habit that just lives itself out repeatedly.  The traces of these actions are called "fragrances" in the Vedas.  The modern scientific explanation (which supports the Vedic theory) is that these tendencies are stored in seed form in the causal body, or if you prefer the DNA or the 'unmanifest'. These genetic tendencies are also called 'vasanas' and it's the vasanas that create another body to continue to act out the karma accumulated in the "previous lifetime".  So the "person" and the physical body that the vasanas create is the part that dies (well in actuality energy doesn't even die it is just transformed), but the vasanas continue to live on and they are the aspect that creates the next body.  This is why quantum physics asserts that it can prove the existence of God.  God is basically the causal body projecting these tendencies outward in order for consciousness to experience itself as forms.

That's all we are really as individuals. The vasanas.  The Gunas (shakti or energy) are the "fabric" of existence that allows these vasanas to play out.  The vasanas provide the action and the Gunas provide the canvas for the action to take place on.  

So the Gunas are satva, Rajas and tamas.  These are just Sanskrit names for the three forms in which shakti appears in form. Satva is the ideas, tamas is the material aspect and Rajas is the projecting power that transforms satva into tamsaic concrete objects.  An analogy of this would be the creation of a guitar.  Satva is the idea of the guitar, tamas is the materials (wood, metal and plastic) and Rajas is the action that makes the idea into a reality - the energy of assembling the different parts of the guitar to make the idea into a material object. 

This makes much more sense to me than a lot of the theories put there.

Suicide I assume would continue to manifest itself in some negative tendency in the next body that bundle of samksaras creates.

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

Hitler came back as a cat?  :D     @David1  

Lol. I was going to lay a bet on how long it would take for someone to mention Hitler. xD