Chrissy j

Personal Development With Enlightenment

106 posts in this topic

I'm looking for the right thing to do.. I don't know what to do.. It's OK..

I'm sorry 

It's better to burn out than fade away

@Leo Gura How can enlightened people be assholes?  (or was that sarcasm?) Because that's a contradiction. Then they aren't enlightened. Sometimes I wonder if the same person that films the videos and the person who replies to theses treats are the same? I can notice a difference, which makes me think your videos are heavily scripted!? 

@Live Life Liam If you were to do that you would already have seriously contemplated on it before or have done it already. I say stick to where you're at right now and do it from that perspective. My old zen teacher says the future of spirituality is not in monasteries, and I think we could agree with that one perspective. Good luck, hope all is well. 

:)

On 2 november 2016 at 7:00 AM, Leo Gura said:

After enlightenment you still need to master the following things:

• Relationships
  • Socializing
  • Science
  • Business/career
  • Family
  • Health
  • Bad habits & addictions
  • Bad cultural conditioning like sexism or racism
  • Embodiment of unconditional love
  • Old childhood traumas
  • Ethical behavior

Sure Leo, do you really believe Lord Buddha was in need  of a psychologist  after he found enlightenment under the Buddha tree?

You posted this on november 2, that was far before my coming here. I hope that this wrong view of enlightenment is dropped. I will soon write an exposition that will shed some decent light on this subject. I hope that readers here do not think that enlightenment is some kind of substage, because its not, its an all-round discipline and not an easy one to reach, and once reached and held up, surely one becomes free of mind.

To clarify, Buddha was his own master, who overcame himself, he didn't need to master "other things" such as family. As soon as one enlightens as a Buddha he is in line with the Buddhas, surely you don't mean he need to master these too.

And others don't need to master family either, or their relationships, or what else, they too must overcome themselves fully. 

Edited by Motus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!

10 minutes ago, Motus said:
  On 2 november 2016 at 7:00 AM, Leo Gura said:

After enlightenment you still need to master the following things:

After using drugs, psychedelics, weed, cigarets, mushrooms, Unwholesome views, intentions, speech, act, livelihood, effort, attention and concentration you must still need to overcome yourself related to the following things:

• Relationships
  • Socializing
  • Science
  • Business/career
  • Family
  • Health
  • Bad habits & addictions
  • Bad cultural conditioning like sexism or racism
  • Embodiment of unconditional love
  • Old childhood traumas
  • Ethical behavior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!

On 11/5/2016 at 5:37 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Emptystickfigure I dunno the details, but there are many examples of highly enlightened masters run amok.

Like this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Da

Who became so enlightened he told his followers that he was the only human avatar that would reach the highest level of enlightenment (EVER) and that the only hope they had was to worship him as God.

He was genuinely very enlightened. But also sounds like a narcissistic prick. This is enlightenment gone awry. There are many similar cases.

Saints and Psychopaths is a good book. https://www.amazon.com/Saints-Psychopaths-William-L-Hamilton/dp/0964490404/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507026454&sr=8-1&keywords=saints+and+psychopaths